Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Paula Hahn > Reviews

Browse

Paula Hahn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paula Hahn "Paula, mother of 2" RSS Feed (Arkadelphia, AR United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Lee Women's Comfort Fit Bonner Jean Short, Heritage, 16
Lee Women's Comfort Fit Bonner Jean Short, Heritage, 16

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these shorts!, August 22, 2015
Very comfortable and attractive! The denim and waist are both very stretchy but also look very tailored. The denim is heavy and dark and looks quite nice. I love these shorts!

Immigrant
Immigrant
DVD ~ Harry Hamlin
Price: $9.87
28 used & new from $0.72

2.0 out of 5 stars The main protagonist is a beautiful 9 year old boy who just bounces from one ..., August 22, 2015
This review is from: Immigrant (DVD)
We only made it halfway through this very dark and depressing movie before we gave up. The main protagonist is a beautiful 9 year old boy who just bounces from one brutal encounter to another with selfish, incompetent or abusive adults. The acting is quite good, but I just could not stand anymore scenes of abuse committed against the poor child. So we turned it off.

Love Knot Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold  Swiss Blue Topaz  and Diamond Ring, Size 9
Love Knot Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold Swiss Blue Topaz and Diamond Ring, Size 9
Price: $64.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Mama like!, August 16, 2011
My husband just gave this to me for our anniversary, and wow, did he hit a home run with this one! The stone is large enough to feel substantial but not so big that it gets in my way. It's color is just a shade or 2 deeper than a perfect summer sky and it is as clear as the most pristine mountain stream. The love knot setting makes it meaningful as a token of our love. I just love it!

Celtic Thunder: The Show
Celtic Thunder: The Show
DVD ~ Celtic Thunder
Offered by History of Media
Price: $23.49
37 used & new from $3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant vocals; fun for the whole family, March 10, 2008
This review is from: Celtic Thunder: The Show (DVD)
As a singer myself (and one of Irish heritage on top of that) I can tell you I was in awe of the vocal chops shown by the men in this group. There is of course, Paul the operatic tenor who could have a brilliant career in classical music but also can be achingly tender on love ballads and throw a bit more timbre in his voice to put some testosterone into the folk songs. Then there is George the baritone, so rich and mellow and gentle on the family ballads he sings and with the best brogue of them all. Blond twenty-something Keith whose slightly nasal but very sweet tenor is God's gift to those Irish protest songs and pop songs. And then precocious and precious Damian, all of 14, who sounds at least 10 years older than he is and with so much depth and chest resonance-- where did he learn to do that? Finally, Ryan who seems less vocally gifted but I suspect that is only because of the company he is in, but has more than enough smolder and attitude to make up for it. And then when they blend their voices together on the songs of national pride and longing somehow they manage to sound like a string ensemble. There were literally chills down my back and tears in my eyes. These guys are good, really good.

About all I can add to what others have written is to tell you that my daughters, aged 6 and 7, absolutely love this music as much as I do. It is now replacing the Wiggles (thank God!) as our favorite music to play in the car. My 7 year old practically melted into a big puddle on the floor when she saw young Damian. She thinks he is the cutest thing since Zac Efron! So this CD has been a great experience to share with my kids and teach them about our family history.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2008 2:23 PM PDT

The Secret of Sherlock Holmes
The Secret of Sherlock Holmes
by Jeremy Paul
Price: $12.00
14 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A night at the theatre I will always treasure, August 6, 2006
While vacationing in London in the summer of 1989 I actually saw this play in the West End starring none other than Jeremy Brett and Edward Hardwicke themselves. Yes, Brett was ill at that time and his decline was painfully apparent. And yet, yet he was as commanding and magnetic a performer as ever and the warmth and chemistry between these two distinguished actors was glorious to behold. I agree with the reviewer who said that the plot of the play, although based completely on canonical dialog taken out of context, is bizarre to the point of being ludicrous. But with Brett and Hardwicke onstage together and me sitting only 15 rows back, who cares? It was a magical night at the theatre for me, and a memory that I will always treasure.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 12:51 PM PDT

Starter Base for the Italian Charm Bracelets
Starter Base for the Italian Charm Bracelets

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom loved it, August 5, 2006
Unlike some others who reviewed this product and others like it, I found the mechanics of adding charms to this bracelet fairly simple and obvious. You just slide one of the links out to full extension, at which time an opening on the bottom becomes visible and the next link just hooks on through that opening. No sweat! This was a great gift for my arthritic 70-something mom who has trouble fastening and unfastening most jewelry. Since this bracelet is stretchy, she can just slip it on and off. She loves it, and therefore so do I.

Staying at a Lighthouse: America's Romantic and Historic Lighthouse Inns
Staying at a Lighthouse: America's Romantic and Historic Lighthouse Inns
by John Grant
Price: $11.95
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, August 5, 2006
I got this for a gift for my mom, with whom I share a long history of travels both on and to the sea including some terrific lighthouses on the North Carolina coast. Her health and age plus my role as mommy do not allow us to do much travelling anymore, so this gift was meant to be of special significance, standing in for those dream trips we always say we are going to take someday even though we both know that day may never come. She just loved this book, especially the beautiful photographs. Neither one of us had ever heard of lighthouses that were now available for tourist lodging. Now we are planning that next trip in earnest because we have something concrete to look at along with helpful info and contact details. We still may never get to go, but our fantasizing has become more fun and exciting. For that gift to both of us, I am deeply grateful.

Minnetonka Women's Deerskin Soft-T Moccasin,Mocha Deerskin,6.5 M US
Minnetonka Women's Deerskin Soft-T Moccasin,Mocha Deerskin,6.5 M US
Offered by Lil Ricky's Shoe Store
Price: $44.95
9 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, February 24, 2006
Due to an injury I suffered several months ago, I cannot tolerate any pressure on the underside of my arch on my right foot. Once I got out of casts and braces and back into real shoes, I realized that all my lovely expensive shoes (Clarks, Adidas, Birkenstock...) had very high, very structured arch supports. It was agony! That's when I ordered these deerskin moccasins hoping to find something I could wear to drive the kids to school, grocery shopping & doctor's visits. These were perfect! Soft as butter, no pressure on the underside of my arch, soles tough enough for daily use. I feel almost like a normal mom again. But if you are new to moccasins be prepared that they all need a breaking in period at first. They are supposed to feel a bit tight around the opening at first. The soft leather will stretch over the first few wearings until you have a custom fit. Then they are the most comfortable shoes in the world.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not what was represented, January 4, 2006
Nothing gets my consumer hackles up worse than deceptive advertising. This necklace bears only a passing resemblance to the one described and pictured above. There is not a single garnet in the necklace, and all the other stones-- though recognizable-- are the palest shade of what they are supposed to be. The so-called "aquamarines" are the palest of the pale, many of them looking more like clear quartz than any possible shade of blue. The citrines are the lightest shade of lemon, and the peridots an only slightly more distinct lime green. Only the amethysts possess any richness of color, and even that tends more toward lavender than violet.

The clasp is also not what is shown in the picture, but rather a toggle clasp with a long chain attached that bears the off-balance triple square logo of the jeweler. It is always showing up in the front where it is not wanted.

All that said, the overall architecture of this necklace is what attracted me to it in the first place, and that is the same as what is in the picture. SO if you are in the market for an unusual piece that displays a rainbow of PASTEL gemstones, then this is indeed a pretty necklace.

It is just too bad that the jeweler can't be trusted to actually deliver on what was promised in his advertising. I for one will never purchase from this company again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy birthday to me!, April 4, 2004
My husband bought these for me for my birthday, and I love them! The central stone (Labradorite, I think, which I never heard of before) is an iridescent shade of pale blue that is just exquisite. Be advised that the earrings are long. They hang down to about an inch above my collarbone. The long and delicate dangle is the look I was looking for, but I can see how some people might find these get in the way.

Page: 1 | 2