Profile for L. M. Keefer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. M. Keefer RSS Feed (Connecticut)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Viva Labs Organic Maca Powder: Gelatinized for Enhanced Bioavailability, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $29.79

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Organic Maca Powder, August 1, 2014
Have been eating healthier these past few years - lost 30 pounds and reversed diabetes. Am always looking for new, natural foods to add to my diet which consists mainly of smoothies, salads, chicken and vegetables with splurges of beef, breads and chocolate. I added this to my morning juice smoothie and could taste a hint of its earthy, nutty flavor. I want to try it with almond milk, banana, peanut butter and cocoa. Anything which is enhanced by the taste of nuts, it should taste good in. I made some banana-oat muffins with Viva Labs coconut flour and coconut sugar and will add this to the mix for some added zest. It's going to be fun trying this in recipes. It is all natural, easy to digest, supports health and has a two year shelf life with a handy, sealable bag. Glad to have discovered this product.

sample provided for review

Chock Full O' Nuts Original Ground Coffee 11.3 oz
Chock Full O' Nuts Original Ground Coffee 11.3 oz
Offered by Find-A-Lot
Price: $9.30
12 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hot or Cold Coffee, August 1, 2014
This is family members' go-to basic coffee. They love its rich and full taste. I mix it with flavored coffees which I make and create an iced coffee mocha drink: 1 cup cold coffee, 7 large ice cubes, 1/2 cup milk, 1 1/2 cup almond milk, tsp cocoa, stevia to sweeten and blend in blender. Fantastic. Makes good hot or cold iced coffees.

Campbell's V8 Low Sodium Juice, 6-Count (Pack of 8)
Campbell's V8 Low Sodium Juice, 6-Count (Pack of 8)
Offered by Ozbo
Price: $31.91
4 used & new from $22.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Vegetable Juice, August 1, 2014
If you are looking for a healthy snack or beverage that is nutritious and low-calories, this is a great option. A cup is fairly filling and takes the edge off of your hunger for a small amount of calories. It is only 50 calories a cup and full of nutrition. It includes the juice of the following in addition to the tomatoes: carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, and spinach. It's an easy way to get a serving or two of vegetables in - you drink them.

I have it as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. It seems to abate hunger. There aren't that many foods that are filling and nutritious that are only 50 calories. Love to drink a cup of this before running out the door.

Another great way to use this is in Italian sauces instead of tomato sauce. Tomato sauce and tomato paste that you use to make red sauces don't have the nutrition this juice does. This has a lot more nutrition and is a great consistency for red sauces. I add it to a can of tomatoes and some Italian seasoning and put it on whole grain pastas with sauteed veggies and cooked ground turkey. It makes a great healthy pasta sauce. You can also use it in chili sauces. If you don't want to get out your juicer to juice veggies, it's and easy and convenient alternative to have this in the house.

I don't miss the salt at all. This is lower sodium than the regular V8 juice. You can taste the vegetables better. Someone suggested sneaking a little apple cider vinegar in for added health benefits. I have tried other brands of vegetable juice, but so far this is my favorite. Here are the nutrition stats on this vegetable juice.

Sodium 6%

It seems the weeks I drink a cup of this most days I lose weight as I'm not eating higher calorie and possibly less healthy foods. I'm not price comparing in my review, as some folks need or want to have food delivered to their home, or may live in a more remote area which doesn't carry this, so want to order it online. My review is based upon quality of product.

Kashi TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Dark Mocha Almond 6ct - (Pack of 4)
Kashi TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Dark Mocha Almond 6ct - (Pack of 4)
Offered by MJMER
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and Healthy Snack Bar, August 1, 2014
A nutritionist recommended Kashi products to me. If you're hankering for a Snicker candy bar, these might not satisfy you. However, if you want a crunchy, nutty, dark chocolate treat that makes you feel good after eating, you may want to try these. They are low in sugar--only 6 gms--about the same as in a cup of Cheerios or Total. The nutritionist said to think of sugar as poison--your body wants to eliminate sugar before fat, so stay low in sugar. I keep one of these bars in my purse when I'm out doing errands in case I get hungry. I love the dark chocolate chips and nutty crunch. One bar at 130 calories is quite satisfying and is a great go-to treat when you want a little sweetness in your day.

One bar is only 3 points on Weight Watcher's point system. I took a box to my Weight Watcher's meeting to recommend them for a healthy snack. I've lost 30 pounds and reversed diabetes in the past 2 years eating healthy foods: low-sugar, low-fat natural vegetable/fruits/protein/dairy diet with little to no artificially flavored and processed foods. These bars are my treat when I'm desiring a little fun without the guilt. I haven't found a chocolate dessert treat that's lower in calories/sugar and healthier.

DCI Banks, the Pilot & Season 1
DCI Banks, the Pilot & Season 1
DVD
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Grim, Grisly and Gripping, July 31, 2014
These are gruesome, grim and grisly. However, love the actors, the scenery (except when there's dripping blood). As an English police procedural, it's a satisfying series. Wish it weren't as gory so am taking a star off for that. Doesn't need the gore as the stories are compelling. It is based upon a mystery novel series so they are following the plots. Just didn't think the visuals had to be as stomach turning. Had to turn it off a couple of times. Don't watch these before you got to bed if you get nightmares. Everything else is excellent about the show. 3.5 stars

Love by Grace (Album Version)
Love by Grace (Album Version)
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Lyrical, July 31, 2014
Lyrics are wonderful. Melody is lyrical. Tones are soft and impassioned. Another wonderful song for Lara's voice. 4.5 stars

V8 Low Sodium Vegetable Juice 48 Cans
V8 Low Sodium Vegetable Juice 48 Cans

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy & Tasty Snack, July 31, 2014

Sodium 6%

Chock Full O Nuts Coffee, 33.9-ounce Can (Pack of 2)
Chock Full O Nuts Coffee, 33.9-ounce Can (Pack of 2)
Offered by NotJustWigs
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $32.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee ~ Hot or Cold, July 30, 2014

V8 Low Sodium 100% Vegetable Juice, 11.5 Ounce Pop Top Cans (Pack of 6)
V8 Low Sodium 100% Vegetable Juice, 11.5 Ounce Pop Top Cans (Pack of 6)
Offered by Kathyskornr
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Vegetable Juice, July 30, 2014

Model for Matisse, A
Model for Matisse, A
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars A Personal Glimpse of Matisse, July 30, 2014
Sister Jacques-Marie came to work for Matisse as an evening nurse after he had a stomach operation in the 1940's in southern France. She was in her early 20's and had completed one year of nursing school. She and Matisse became fast friends as she likes to paint and draw, too, as a hobby. He asked her to model for him which surprised her as her parents had always told her she was ugly. Later when she decided to become a nun, Matisse wrote her a long letter trying to talk her out of it. In this film you gain insight as to what Matisse was like: joyful, kind, curious and playful. This is like an interview with the nun who happily recalls her years with Matisse and describes the chapel they worked on together. The nun speaks in French but there are subtitles. Fans of Matisse with enjoy this personal glimpse of the man by someone who knew him very well and fondly as an older, kindly friend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20