Profile for Travis Kahrs > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Travis Kahrs RSS Feed (Sunny California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dorco Pace 4- Four Blade Razor Shaving System- Value Pack (10 Cartridges + 1 Handle)
Offered by TheGroupDeal
Price: $27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an equal replacement for Mach 4., August 27, 2013
I really wanted these razors to be as good as the Mach 4 by Gilette. They do give a close shave, and in that regard they're equal to big brand cartridges. There are two problems that I have with them, one of which is that it seems like the razor can barely get through an inch of my beard without needing to be washed off, and I have pretty thin facial hair. I have to go over one area at least two times to get it shaven correctly, and I keep finding that the more contoured parts of my face, like my chin, don't get the proper shave on them like they used to with the Mach 4. I also find that my face is more irritated after using this razor, much like the Mach 4 used to leave me after 5-6 shaves on the cartridge. In essence, these issues might be worth the savings, but you shouldn't expect that these are equal to a Mach 4. I haven't decided whether or not to buy these again.

ACI 177690 Windshield Washer Pump
ACI 177690 Windshield Washer Pump
Price: $13.99
8 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fits 95 Honda civic, February 13, 2013
Great replacement for oem pump in a 95 civic, comes with the rubber gasket to fit in the wiper fluid storage tank. 20 minute repair

Boss CH6500 Chaos Series 6.5-Inch 2-Way Slim Mount Speakers (Pair)
Boss CH6500 Chaos Series 6.5-Inch 2-Way Slim Mount Speakers (Pair)
Price: Click here to see our price
17 used & new from $11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget speakers, July 19, 2012
I used two sets of these in 6.5" round to replace the blown out JBL speakers in a 2003 toyota avalon xle. These not only sound better than the JBL's did when they were new, but are about 900 dollars less than the dealership wants to replace the JBL speakers. If you have a drill and some basic wiring knowledge (very basic), as well as some experience pulling the door panel off of your car, you can easily replace your old speakers with these. The front speakers in the avalon come in a plastic housing that angles them downwards for some reason, and once you remove the old speaker from the plastic housing, this easily fits in and replaces it with almost no trouble at all (just drill holes to match the housing). They also work very well to replace the back door speakers in the avalon, which are something like 3.5 inches. I just removed the rear door speakers and the housing and threw it away, then just drilled out the correct hole pattern in the door of the car in the same slot, and screwed these in. They work so much better than the JBL's that I'm thoroughly happy. 32 dollars to replace 4 blown out speakers is a great deal. Also, even though the factory JBL's are 2 ohm and these are 4 ohm, they work without a hiccup. I'd definitely reccomend them, and I'd buy them again.

1200mah Li-Ion NB-5L Battery NB5L Replacement for CANON PowerShot SD700 SD800 IS SD900 SD 700 800 900 Digital Camera
Offered by Theo&Cleo
Price: $4.85
5 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good backup battery, July 19, 2012
I bought this battery before a trip to France and England so that we could drain a battery taking pictures all day without worrying about battery life. It's about 70% as long lasting/ durable as the factory battery, which is pretty impressive considering the very low cost. I would absolutely reccomend this to anyone with a Canon powershot SH230.

3M 836B-2 Lint Brush
3M 836B-2 Lint Brush
Offered by OTCRX4U
Price: $5.01
10 used & new from $2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent brush, but not perfect., July 19, 2012
This lint brush is significantly worse than a sticky paper roller for removing cat and dog hair from clothing. I dont even use it on my clothes anymore, because its basically useless, but what it does do very well is remove hair, dust, and lint from my furniture. We have a microfiber recliner and a canvas-type material couch, and it is by a wide margin the best tool for cleaning that furniture. Much better than our dyson vaccuum, but you just have to be patient.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 3:04 PM PDT

Weed Eater WEB150 7-1/2-Amp Blower (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Weed Eater WEB150 7-1/2-Amp Blower (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic blower, July 19, 2012
For a 25 dollars leaf blower, this thing works very well. Does everything i need it to do, would be nice to have a little more power to get leaves out from under shrubs, but it does work well considering the cost. I would definitely buy it again.

Pyramid PW877X 8-Inch 400-Watt Subwoofer
Pyramid PW877X 8-Inch 400-Watt Subwoofer
Price: $18.99
46 used & new from $17.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic replacement subwoofer, July 19, 2012
I used this to replace the 8 inch subwoofer from a 2003 toyota avalon xle with the JBL speaker package. The JBL's all blew out within a couple years, and this was a perfect fit as a replacement. Sounds great, cheap, and worked with just a few simple modifications to the hole pattern already drilled in it. Overall, for the price, unbeatable. And if you are replacing the JBL subwoofer in an avalon, the ohm rating on it is something like 3.7, this being a 4 is essentially a perfect match.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much a waste of money, October 29, 2010
I realize that a lot of people have simple "solutions" to this pad and it's natural desire to be wavy and bumpy. It really doesn't lay flat at all, I tried sticking it in the dryer and other methods that people suggested. Basically, you're going to end up with a useless, frustrating mouse pad in about 3 months. It was horrible at the beginning, but I thought I'd give it some time to see if it would get any better. It hasn't, not even after four months. It worked so badly with my new laser mouse that I stopped using the laser mouse because my old optical tracked better on the pad. I am getting ready now to go to some other store (with a bullseye for a logo) and get a 2 dollar mousepad that will be significantly better. All you need is a piece of foam with some fabric on top. This was a waste of money. Don't even buy it if you're trying to fill an order to 25 bucks for the free shipping, there are so many other things that would be better.

Do not buy this.

Plano Gun Guard 200 Series Shotgun Case (Dark Gray)
Plano Gun Guard 200 Series Shotgun Case (Dark Gray)
Offered by LG Outdoors
Price: $14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty long for a single shotgun, October 29, 2010
This is a well made, quality case. I really like the color, it's nothing fancy, and the logo on the side is pretty simple and mild. I would buy this again without hesitation, and it suits my remington 870 express with 28 inch barrell with about 8 inches to spare. It isn't heavily padded, but there's definitely enough in there (probably 3/4") to keep the gun safe, and thats all I care about.

Remington Cellular Polyurethane SuperCell Recoil Pad for Shotguns with Wood Stocks (Black)
Offered by OpticsPlanet, Inc
Price: $21.89
2 used & new from $21.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, needs more precision., October 20, 2010
I have a 2006 model wood stock remington 870 express magnum. This pad fits the stock well. It certainly isn't perfect, which is odd for a factory part. I expected a perfect fit, but you can read reviews from cabelas online- this is not perfect. I have about a 1/32 inch gap on either side of the pad where it isnt wide enough to cover the wood stock. It isnt a huge deal, but it should be noted. It is also a little bit taller than I expected- If you hold the pad up to the original pad, you'll see that it's more narrow but slightly taller. As for performance, I haven't tried it yet, but according to about 50 people on Cabela's, it makes a huge difference. If you want to save your shoulder and aren't a perfectionist, this seems to be the best solution and performs as well as it's 40 dollar equivalents. It feels like this pad was made to fit multiple different styles of gun so that they could just make semi-universal pads instead of gun-unique pads.

Update: This pad fits a remington 870 express 20 gauge wood stock just the same as the 12 gauge, the stocks are interchangeable between the 12 and 20.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2010 11:04 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3