Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Shala Kerrigan > Reviews

Browse

Shala Kerrigan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1570
Top Reviewer Ranking: 183

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shala Kerrigan "Glitter it and call it art." RSS Feed (Anchorage, Alaska)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips PPX4010 Portable LED Pocket Projector with USB, HDMI Connectivity, 120" Video Projection (Silver)
Price: $299.99
2 used & new from $299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed, very compact, May 1, 2016
4.5
First, the one minus- trying this at 120 inches diagonally, it was a bit fuzzier than I like. However, for my purposes at that size it's fine. I'm using it for painting murals.

70 inches and under, this is a champ and since my portable screen is 70 inches, that is great. You don't need a good screen for this, a white sheet or wall works just fine for home use.

The color and brightness even in a well-lit room is great- and it works on spring evenings when the sun is low in the sky outdoors. I'm looking forward to trying it in the fall when the nights are darker. Colors are better in a darker setting, but the darker colors look decent even in a well lit room if you aren't going too big with the projection.

My kids love this for showing things to each other on their laptop and for being able to trace murals on their bedroom walls of their favorite video game characters.

It's small enough to slip into a purse or laptop bag easily so it's extremely portable. It does need to be hooked up to a laptop or other device with a cord and doesn't have a speaker which could be considered cons but because the clarity of picture in various lighting is so good and it's so small, I'm very happy with it.

Margaritaville DM1946-000-000 Anniversary Edition Key West Frozen Concoction Maker with Easy-Pour Jar, Metallic
Price: $286.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect drinks every time, easy to use, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've wanted one of these for a couple of years after reading reviews.
So why would anyone want one of these if they aren't complete Parrotheads? Because it does something perfectly. Not just margaritas, but any budding mixologist can come up with a whole host of recipes to work with this, even if they aren't serious drinkers. In my family, we love frozen drinks, but don't have hard alcohol often.

Put the ice in the hopper, put the ingredients in the blender jar, pick if it's for 1, 2 or 3 12 oz servings, and turn it on. It shaves the ice directly into the blender, then mixes everything. It's super fast compared to crushing ice in a blender, and quieter since the sharp blades shave neatly and quickly without the ice bouncing and swirling all around like it does in a blender. The consistency is fantastic. I made virgin coladas last night using Cream of Coconut and pineapple juice for my family and my son said "It has a different texture" and he liked that texture quite a bit. It's very smooth and thick. You can add more liquid to the blender for a more liquid drink, or more ice to the hopper and shave and blend it in using the manual buttons for a thicker drink. There is a reservoir on the back of the machine that catches water from the ice melting in the hopper when the machine isn't being used.

The blender pitcher is large, heavy and the lid pours well into glasses.

My family didn't quite understand why I wanted one of these so much until they all had their drinks last night. Then they got it. Summer is here, and this will keep us cool all summer and I'm looking forward to trying out new ideas and recipes in it.

It is big. It will take up a big section of your counter top and it's tall. If you have the room for it, and love a good blended drink, it's worth it.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 - Amazon Exclusive - Includes RAW Photo Editor
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 - Amazon Exclusive - Includes RAW Photo Editor
Price: $499.00
3 used & new from $475.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Vectors, easily., April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm an illustrator who works primarily in vector format and CorelDRAW is one of my favorite programs for it.
So first the cons-
Support, documentation and user guides for Corel products can be iffy. If you're just starting out, and want to learn to use the program, by all means, read the user guide, help files and do the new user tour- but you'll learn a lot more about what the programs can do by looking for online tutorials and playing with the program.

So the pros-
It's really intuitive. When you're starting, and facing all those options, it can be a bit intimidating, but if you've used any kind of vector software in the past, it's easy to figure out.
The tools are great. I'm loving the improved knife tool and the fountain fills are a lot more adjustable and easier to use than X7 for beautiful ombre and shaded effects.
So far, this has been running really well on my system. No crashes or freezes even with a lot of nodes and fill styles.

I love CorelDRAW. You can save in SVG format for plotters and cutters, you can trace bitmaps to create vector shapes and reduce the number of nodes or merge shapes easily. It does everything that more expensive programs do, and does it in a very user friendly way.

International Silver Capri Frost 51-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8
Price: $45.29
2 used & new from $45.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, some minor issues, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, first the thing I don't like about this set- the finish has imperfections on some pieces. They are minor scuffs but it was unexpected in brand new flatware.

What I do like-
While not as heavy as good flatware, it's heavy enough that it doesn't bend easily. I love the design. It's very simple with a frosted handle framed by a beveled edge that is mirror polished. The eating surfaces are mirror polished for the most part except for those scuffs mentioned.

The shapes are perfect. The larger spoons are deep enough for stew, the teaspoons are a good size for desserts or for adding sugar/honey to beverages. The forks are great, the tines are sharp enough to stab a piece of meat without having to use a lot of force, but not so sharp you're likely to stab your mouth.

Because of the rust potential mentioned by other reviewers, I plan to make sure they are dry before putting them away, but other than that, not taking any special precautions. I'll update this review and star rating if there is an issue. At this point, it's nice every day casual set of flatware.

Sleep Master Easy To Assemble SmartBase Mattress Foundation/Platform Bed Frame/Box Spring Replacement, Twin XL
Offered by Sleep Revolution
Price: $130.00
4 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely built with enough rise to be comfortable, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I needed an XL twin bed and had already decided to buy the same kind of memory foam mattress that I use and wanted a nice simple platform for it.
This one is perfect. The frame stands high enough to fit milk crates under it for storage, and the slats are close enough and sturdy enough to support a large man securely and safely.

Putting it together was quick and easy. I would put a piece of board over the slats if you're using a thinner mattress.

I'm happy enough with it that I'm thinking about getting the same frame for my own bed.

Electrolux ELKT17D8PS Expressionist Kettle, Stainless Steel
Electrolux ELKT17D8PS Expressionist Kettle, Stainless Steel
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and good looking, April 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Turbo function isn't for a full 8 oz cup of water, it's for a smaller tea cup size. It will absolutely heat an 8 oz cup to 212 in a minute if you're at sea level, but it may take a few seconds to a minute longer at higher altitudes.

For a full pot, 1.7 liters is about 7 cups - it took about 5 minutes to come to a full boil at sea level. My thermometer matched the temperature gauge on the base.

I was a little worried about the size of the handle because my hands are smaller than average- but it was easy to grip. The open bottom and thickness of the handle also means it will be easy for the men in my household to pour too. The pour spout is nice and neat with no issues. The interior of this kettle is just as pretty as the outside and it's easy to clean when necessary. The lid latch is secure, and the opening at the top is big enough to make it easy to fill using a carafe, cup or your tap.

My favorite feature is the keep warm button- so I can have tea or my family can have noodles or instant soup very quickly.

I'll update this review if there are any issues or if the fill view window has condensation problems- but right now, I'm pretty happy with this electric kettle!

Panasonic Retro Over-the-Ear Stereo Monitor Headphones RP-HTX7-A1 (Blue) Dynamic Accurate Sound, Lightweight and Comfortable
Price: $40.00
14 used & new from $26.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the look, the sound is acceptable, April 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The sound on these really nice looking headphone is acceptable for a lower end pair. The balance seems to be slightly off and the highs aren't clearly defined and the bass is a bit flat and muddy sounding to my ear. I wouldn't recommend these for classical or for people who really like a lot of thumpy bass but for the price range- these have a decent sound.

The look of them is fantastic. They are a lot lighter than the look, and the size, shape and color has a great retro look. I'm wild for that. The band is better for medium to large heads. The color seems to be a bit paler than the picture looks on my monitor. A very pale icy blue.

They are comfortable for a few hours of wearing, which is nice.

I'm probably going to pick up a couple more pairs. While they will never be my favorites for sound, the look is fantastic, they are decent sounding, comfortable to wear and seem to be well built which is what I look for in headphones for my family. If they make a higher end version of these with better sound- the fit and look could make them my favorite headphones ever.

Razer Wildcat - eSports Customizable Premium Controller for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC - 4 Programmable Buttons
Price: $129.99
31 used & new from $74.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice responsiveness, comfortable to use, April 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm liking this controller a lot so far.
It's a good size, comfortable to use, the controls are responsive and it has a good heft to it and feels well made.

The strongest pro is that it's easy to program custom settings.The buttons are within easy reach- even with my small hands, but far enough away from the main controls that they don't get accidentally hit by my son or husband with their much larger hands. That sounds like a little thing, but if you have small hands- you know that some game controllers (cough.. PS4.. cough) are just uncomfortable for rapid play.

I like the responsiveness, size and weight. I'll see how long this lasts with normal use. I'll update this review if there are any problems in the near future.

Rhodium 18k Yellow Gold and Rose Gold-Plated Sterling Silver "Hope, Faith, Love, Dream and Believe" Pendant Necklace
Price: $21.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty little necklace, March 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a sweet little affirmation necklace. The rings are just over a 1/4 inch in diameter, and 1/8th of an inch wide. The text is nicely blackened to be easy to read against the metal color. The words are spaced evenly 3 times around each ring so even as they spin, it will show. The plating on mine doesn't have any rough spots, it's perfect.

The chain might need replacing. It's a standard super fine 18 inch chain. With the size of these rings, you can use cord or a thicker chain very easily.

This is a great casual wear necklace that would make a nice gift. The box is the Amazon collection box - which means it's huge for what's inside, but very well made. I love Amazon collection jewelry boxes. They look good and feel substantial.

Organic Blue Oyster Mushroom Growing Kit
Organic Blue Oyster Mushroom Growing Kit
Offered by GMHP Gourmet Mushroom Products
Price: $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, March 27, 2016
I'm really happy with this mushroom kit.

It shipped in winter and because life got in the way, I didn't get it started within a couple weeks like you are supposed to with mushroom kits. I inspected it, saw that beautiful white mycelium web all through the brick like "log" and set it aside until I had a bit more time then forgot about it for a couple months.

I started it a few days ago. Within a day I had growing white pin heads that quickly turned dark blue. Now I have a lot of mushrooms with caps that are about a cm in diameter with gorgeous dark blue caps on them. It's growing quickly and beautifully, and quite possibly the quickest growing kit that I've ever used.

I'm growing it on my kitchen counter using just the standard LED lighting in my kitchen, misting it daily and playing Godzilla to inspire growth (that last part isn't actually necessary).
Free product provided for reviewing. This is my experience and opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20