Profile for Shala Kerrigan > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 101

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shala Kerrigan "Glitter it and call it art." RSS Feed (Anchorage, Alaska)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
L'Occitane CADE Shaving Cream for Men, 5.2 oz.
L'Occitane CADE Shaving Cream for Men, 5.2 oz.
Price: $28.00
2 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice glide, nice smell, nice lather- smooth shave!, December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This smells good, provides a nice glide and lathers up well using a standard shaving brush. Just put a bit in a bowl or on an empty soap dish, work in a bit of water, and work into a lather then apply with the shaving brush and shave as normal.

I had no drag using either my cartridge type razor or a safety razor. It just pulled nice and easily, leaving behind moisturized but not greasy feeling skin.

Recommended- but you should use a tube squeezer with it. It's thick enough to be difficult to squeeze out from the end easily.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Hazelnut Pump Bottle, 1.5L (Pack of 2)
Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Hazelnut Pump Bottle, 1.5L (Pack of 2)
Price: $25.86
14 used & new from $25.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Nutty, slightly bitter aftertaste, really convenient, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have mixed feelings about this creamer. It is nutty, it does work well but it has a faint Splenda aftertaste. The aftertaste is really faint though, I noticed it, but no one in my family tastes it. For most people it would probably get lost in the bitterness of coffee if that's what you're using the creamer in.

As far as being concentrated- it really is. I didn't think that 3 pumps would lighten coffee significantly because the pumps looked like a fairly small amount, but stirred in, it did lighten the coffee on par with milk. Not quite on par with half and half- that took 4 pumps.

The hazelnut flavor is the same as the regular refrigerated Coffee-mate. It's pretty good in a cup of instant cocoa.
My family really likes this for the convenience and flavor.

Red Heart with Love E400.1401 Yarn, Pewter
Red Heart with Love E400.1401 Yarn, Pewter
Price: $3.99
12 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft for a hat made with love, December 15, 2014
I prefer natural fibers generally, but I needed something washable, soft and non-wool for a hat for a loved one going through chemotherapy. This fits the bill perfectly. In fact, I've gotten several more skeins. Generously sized skeins of worsted weight yarn that works up gorgeously using an H or I hook for hats. It shows nice stitch definition, and I only encountered one small knot in the first skein. It also knits up nicely.

All that would make it a solid 4 stars, the 5th star is for being spun in the USA- a fact which is important to the person I made the hat for and makes me very happy.

Schlage Touch Camelot Lock with Accent  Lever (Aged Bronze) FE695 CAM 716 ACC
Schlage Touch Camelot Lock with Accent Lever (Aged Bronze) FE695 CAM 716 ACC
Price: $139.00
3 used & new from $138.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, easy to install, December 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've always liked Schlage locks, and expected to like this as much.

It's attractive- a lot better looking in real life than in the photo. The dark bronze color, the finish, all of it is well done. Aside from being pretty, it installs very easily. It was nearly as quick as putting in an inexpensive standard locking exterior knob, and it looks so much better. Using it in conjunction with a standard keyed bolt look is probably the most secure option- but this will be the lock I'll use most often and use a bolt as well for when my family is going to be gone over the weekend.

As sometimes door knobs start to jiggle or the equivalent here would be the lever starts feeling loose- I'll update if that happens. But so far, it's great.

Coshare Aling-33 Women's suede PU furing Lining Button Stitching Mid Calf UGG Style Boots
Offered by CoShare
Price: $14.40

4.0 out of 5 stars from snowy Alaska, December 7, 2014
I'll admit that for the price and description- I was expecting just fashion boots. These are actually pretty functional.

They fit my daughter's feet well, and she likes the look of them quite a bit. They also keep her feet warm. I wouldn't recommend them for a long trek, but for a short walk in a slightly snowy parking lot, or a few blocks while shopping- these work just fine.

As far as grip goes- on ice these can be slick, but most boots are slick on ice. Use grippers. For walking on snow, I expected more slipping and sliding but that hasn't been an issue even though the soles aren't deeply cleated. They do pick up a lot of snow walking through powder though. Expect to have to scrap occasionally.

These have no support, but again, for the style, I wasn't expecting great support. If you can wear flats or canvas shoes like Converse Chuck Taylor's comfortably, you'll be fine in these.
Review item provided at no cost, this is my honest experience and opinion.

Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin Trilogy)
Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin Trilogy)
by R. L. LaFevers
Price: $12.78
71 used & new from $8.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Well paced, good read, December 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've really enjoyed this series, a nice mix of action, strong female characters, romance and history. The romantic interests are protective and loving without being smothering and controlling.

This one has more fantastic elements than the first two, and nicely concludes the story arcs while still telling an individual story about the main character. Each book has a different main character with a different history- but all of them come from abusive backgrounds to become very strong individuals.

I like the well-researched historical elements, and the story telling is well paced. The descriptions are well done, and it's a series that I can happily recommend.

Gund Animated Fortune Monkey Plush
Gund Animated Fortune Monkey Plush
Price: $20.22
19 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta get this adorable Gund- it's a cheeky purple monkey!, December 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm partial to Gund stuffies, but generally prefer the non-animated/battery operated toys for their attention to detail, soft fur and perfect amount of stuffing.

This is the exception. It's a purple monkey. It's cheeky and a bit sarcastic in a non-mean way. The crystal ball lights up and the mouth moves and it's so very cute that it's a good whimsical gift for some adults as well as being a nice one for kids.

More details about the toy:
The soft plush feather does not stand up like it does in the photo, it's not wired and mine is curved over the top of the head from shipping. It still looks good.
The mouth moves minimally and because it's shallow and closes softly it's not a danger to tiny fingers.
The metallic covered crystal ball lights up pretty brightly in a succession of colors. It's very nice looking.
The voice is great, and the recorded answers are fun. Best for yes or no questions.
Press the hand to turn it on, ask the question, press the foot for an answer. It does shut off automatically after a short time, and you'll repeat the process to ask another question.
It's not too loud- I appreciate toys that are reasonably quiet.
It takes 3 AAA batteries- the battery compartment is easy to access through a Velcro strip on the back. You'll need a Phillips screwdriver to change batteries. You can also switch the monkey off on the battery compartment.

I'm just tickled by this little monkey. It's an award winning cutie and the silly answers to silly questions brought a lot of laughter in my family.

PlayStation 4 Black Friday Bundle - Lego Batman 3 and Little Big Planet 3
PlayStation 4 Black Friday Bundle - Lego Batman 3 and Little Big Planet 3
Offered by SuperSavingZana
Price: $453.00
157 used & new from $363.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Just exactly right., December 4, 2014
My family are console gamers primarily.

The PS 4 is gorgeous. The graphic and processor capabilities are well done for fast loading and it plays well. No, it's not as pretty as my husband's gaming laptop, but for a console? It's the best I've seen and it cost a lot less too.
Set up is just as easy as the PS3.
The included controller is really nice. Easily as good as the expensive controllers that we bought for the PS3 and I love that it came included. Battery life is less stellar, but it's playable while charging.

The games- Little Big Planet 3 is a download game. Setting up with the Playstation network is easy if you haven't done it in the past. If you have done it, just log in with your usual login. My daughter enjoys it somewhat, and I love the crafty/cute look of it but the primary reason we picked this bundle is the Batman game.

Lego Batman 3! The Lego games are very kid friendly. My daughter started playing them with Lego Star Wars when she was about 11. She's a young adult now and still loves them. They are kid friendly, but with humor and details that will appeal to adult franchise fans. For example this game has a lot of characters and jokes that you'll understand if you're a Batman or comic geek but that might be lost on some kids. Burt Ward and Adam West are both characters in the game, there are characters such as Lobo who is marketed more for adults than kids (originally a parody of Wolverine, he's got his own following now), all sorts of things to unlock. As a long time Dick Grayson fan, I'm tickled by Nightwing variations. Going from Adam West in the 60s, to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman, the old WW theme song is part of the soundtrack.
If you've been a fan of the Lego licensed games, this plays generally the same way. Collect pieces, build things, role playing and lots of maps. It's really attractive. Lots of details and beautiful backgrounds. The same kind of humor that's in the other games as well.
I'm so glad that this bundle was available. My daughter has been actively following news about the Batman 3 game for months, so this is the perfect bundle for her.

Honeywell HT350B Quiet Set Table Fan
Honeywell HT350B Quiet Set Table Fan
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for bedrooms, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wish this fan could remember previous settings rather than starting at full arctic blast every single time and having to be adjusted down- but that's the only thing I don't like about it.

Medium sized, but good enough design and power to circulate air in a reasonable sized room. The oscillation is nice and smooth, the white noise level provides air movement and enough noise to help me sleep. It is a fairly quiet fan even on full speed. The base is stable and it's unobtrusive.

It's a good bedroom fan, even in the winter. It provides enough white noise and air circulation to be comfortable at the lowest setting for sleeping.

Star Wars Villain Multivitamin Gummy, 120 Count
Star Wars Villain Multivitamin Gummy, 120 Count
Price: $10.69
8 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Won't improve midi-chlorian levels, but are a good supplement, November 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like these supplements. They aren't the best tasting gummy multi-vitamin that I've tried, but they are good and easy to take. The gummies are nice and soft with a decent, but not overpowering candy fruit flavor.

Not vegetarian- they do contain gelatin like all the gummy vitamins I've tried.

My husband wanted me to note that despite the fact they are evil vitamins, he has not been able to force choke anybody even though he's been taking the recommended dose. They will not improve midi-chlorian levels in noticeable ways.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20