Profile for R. A. Velasco > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. A. Velasco "djawtkazt" RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2
Odyssey LSTANDCOMBO L-Stand Laptop / Gear Stand With Accessory Tray
Odyssey LSTANDCOMBO L-Stand Laptop / Gear Stand With Accessory Tray
Price: $58.42
9 used & new from $36.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept with its own pros & cons, January 27, 2013
I wanted to try this stand out since it looked beefier than the ones being sold that folds, etc. I also liked the fact that you can adjust the width of the stand which was important for me since I had a gigantic 17" HP laptop that'll be going on top of it. Check out my full video review on this product in my channel at YouTube.com/djawtkazt

On Stage LS7805B Power Crank Lighting Stand
On Stage LS7805B Power Crank Lighting Stand
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $140.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Efficient Lighting Stand, January 26, 2013
As a Mobile DJ, a lot of my gigs require my equipment to be portable, efficient and modular. This is why I chose this lighting stand for my company. It provides multi-tiered options for hanging your fixtures, it is made out of durable, quality materials and also allows you to hang and position your lights to your preferred height without breaking your back or straining. Has 80lbs. weight capacity and a very efficient closed-unit crank system. Check out my full video review on this product in my channel at YouTube.com/djawtkazt

Pioneer CDJ-2000 Professional Multi Player
Pioneer CDJ-2000 Professional Multi Player
6 used & new from $1,220.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Professional Workhorse for DJ's, January 26, 2013
Hands down the best professional workhorse for DJ's. Not only is this a multi-format player, it also works as a native controller for DJ software such as Serato ScratchLive. Check out my full video review on this product in my channel at YouTube.com/djawtkazt

LeapFrog LeapPad Video Display Case
LeapFrog LeapPad Video Display Case
Price: $9.27
66 used & new from $3.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Accessory, January 26, 2013
I purchased this over the holidays for my son's LeapPad 2 and it's a pretty good accessory to have. It has three pockets in the back that allows you to carry three additional cartridges. I'm not too happy with the fact that the case seems to be a little big since the device itself moves a bit inside it. Not a big deal I guess but I'm just used to the cases that I have for my tablets and they're pretty snug unlike this one for the LeapPad 2. The strap is supposed to attach the device to the headrest but recently, I've only been able to use to strap it on to a grocery cart's handle which saved the device plenty of times already during our shopping trips. I haven't really had the chance to use it for the car and attach to the headrest since I don't have any videos for the device. It does seem to be give decent corner protection for low level drops though.

Betsey Johnson Women's Between The Sheets Fluffy Flip Flop Slipper, Hot Pink, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Gift, January 26, 2013
I gave these as a Christmas gift and the recipient likes it. It's of good quality and very cute. I am told though that they're not as comfortable to wear at first since the straps seem to pinch but as they're worn in, they're become more comfortable to wear.

Timberland Men's City Endurance Slip-On,Black,8.5 M US
Timberland Men's City Endurance Slip-On,Black,8.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks sharp and very comfortable., January 26, 2013
When I purchased these, they were going to be the replacement for my Florsheim work shoes that I've had for years. At first, I was hesitant to purchase it since I'm not used to buy shoes without having to try them out first but given the past experiences that I had with Amazon, I thought the return process shouldn't be too much of a hassle if I did need to return the item. After receiving it, it definitely felt heavier than the Florsheims that I had but the fact that it looked more stylish and allowed me to have more flexibility to pair them with either dressier work attire or jeans on my days off, it made me appreciate it more. I've used them long enough to say they are very comfortable even with my long commutes from NJ to NY. My job requires lots of travel and walking and these shoes are definitely very comfortable on my feet. They seem to resist scuffing more than my Florsheims as well so that's pretty good - it'll require less polishing for me and will stay looking fresh longer even with the abuse that it'll get. Overall, I would definitely recommend these shoes.

Samsung Galaxy Note II Premium Combo Pack - Black Ultra Rugged Armor Case + Atom LED Keychain Light + Screen Protector
Offered by Bemz
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Otterbox, this is a less expensive alternative., January 26, 2013
I've been looking for a durable case for my Galaxy Note II when I got it and this was the best one that I found prior to Otterbox releasing their version. It gives you good grip and all around good protection for your device. It provides you with the best protection where it counts the most - for your screen! Most cases available for the Galaxy Note II only covers the back part of the device which is ridiculous since it's the screen that needs protection from impact and drops. This case provides the dual layer protection and is definitely worth the price. It costs less than the Otterbox, less bulkier than the Otterbox but provides very good protection for your device. I would definitely recommend it as an Otterbox alternative.

What A Wonderful World
What A Wonderful World
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, clear quality recording., December 26, 2012
This review is from: What A Wonderful World (MP3 Music)
Audio quality was clean and clear. Played it out at one of my DJ gigs as per the client's request and it was as good sounding as it could be.

Hello Dolly
Hello Dolly
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound Quality is Horrible!, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Hello Dolly (MP3 Music)
As soon as I played my downloaded file, I could hear the loud 'hiss' on it and it lasts all throughout the song! I might as well be downloading illegally in some forum somewhere and get a better quality audio file!

Zeikos ZE-UV58 58mm Multi-Coated UV Filter
Zeikos ZE-UV58 58mm Multi-Coated UV Filter
Offered by DAILYBARGAINS
Price: $3.80
26 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars better for protection, June 17, 2011
I bought this filter mainly to keep unwanted things off my lens (dust, baby finger prints, etc.) The filter thread isn't bad but just be careful when putting them on to make sure that they're not forced and cause any damage to your lens. They cause unwanted glare every now and then depending on your light source and angle so in that aspect, I don't like it. Specially when you're taking tons of pictures and you're relying on your camera's lcd to see how the shot looks - most of the glare/ghosting, I didn't notice until I had the pictures up on my PC's screen. Other than that, I am buying my 3rd one for the purpose of protecting my lens. For the price and the purpose that I'm using it for, it's a great investment. It already proved its worth when it protected my lens from a bad fall. Cheaper to replace a broken lens filter than a cracked lens.

Page: 1 | 2