Profile for Humble Human > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 816

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Humble Human "Eli" RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Back to Bed
Back to Bed
Price: $4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cocept but TERRIBLE CONTROLS ruined it for me!, October 15, 2014
This review is from: Back to Bed (App)
Basic concept is great but it has Control FLAWS. Moving the Dog around to block the Main Character is often too slow and placement of items is very Inaccurate at times. Very hard to adjust to the control Flaws. The 3D Graphics are great and the challenges are well designed for what should be a neat, Casual playing experience. However, it is nowhere near the FUN it could be. It is too FRUSTRATING. Seemed like a good PAID APP (similar to Monument Valley) but too Flawed. I am Disappointed with it and it was not worth paying for to me. It needs to be Fixed! I deduct 2 Stars due to the Flaws and do not recommend it..

Monument Valley
Monument Valley
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun Geometric 3D Puzzles but TOO SHORT, Too Costly and has Flaws., October 15, 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
A Neat 3 Dimensional point and click Puzzle game. It has some great geometrical designs for the puzzles and you direct the main character ( IDA ) through Multi-level Structures, Ramps, Transport Portals, etc. to reach the end of each complex level. The 3D Graphics and Geometric Mazes are awesome. It brings a new dimension to Physics style puzzles that is quite enjoyable and uniquely challenging. It gets tougher as you progress. Gameplay is leisurely with No Timers and controls work well. it is a SAFE app with No intrusive Permissions, Malware, Advertising, Addons, etc. Also plays fine with your WiFi off.

The bad news: It is too short for a PAID APP with only 10 Levels (some have multiple sections though). I also encountered a serious problem on Level 5 and Level 10 that does not ever clear up on my High End Tablet... large sections of normally colorful Graphics turn Solid Dark Blue with no more 3D details. It basically turns into a Dark BLOB so you can not see texture, depth or where the Paths and Portals are located. Nothing I did would fix this issue. It was extremely difficult to get around like this.

A bit Pricey for only 10 levels and the frustrating Dark Blobs ruined part of the enjoyment so I Deduct 2 Stars.

Red Crow Mysteries: Legion (Full)
Red Crow Mysteries: Legion (Full)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and Challenging Mystery/Adventure game - TOO SHORT THOUGH!, October 13, 2014
This game has great Graphics, good Music and neat Sound Effects. The Mini-game puzzles are challenging and fun to master. Sometimes you can get lost it stuck for what to do next but the HINT system is a good aid to get you going again. Controls work well and sound levels can be adjusted. The STORYLINE is pretty good but the End is rather abrupt and leaves you hanging. Game seems too short for the price.

Overall, I liked it until the Ending disappointed me. I Aldo did not like all the Permissions (especially the READING MY ACCOUNTS one). That seems unnecessary for game operation and suspicious to me. I was able to play it with WiFi off though after initial startup. I only deducted 1 Star because it is a polished app but should be longer and have less Permissions to be a 5 star app. Not quite as good as some others.

Montezuma Puzzle 2 Premium
Montezuma Puzzle 2 Premium
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality GEOMETRIC PUZZLE app - Totally SAFE - Well designed, October 13, 2014
This review is from: Montezuma Puzzle 2 Premium (App)
Enjoyable puzzles with Vibrant colors and nifty Sound Effects (that can be muted). Clean and simple to play. It has 100 levels for you to master. I find it very engaging and satisfying. Kudos to THE OAK TEAM for making this a highly polished app with NO Permissions, intrusive adware or malware (like most other apps). It is rare to find such a totally SAFE app and it is bargain priced at $0.99 to boot. This app is suitable for all ages and parents don't need to worry about it trying trick your kids into spending your money through enticing Links.

Overall, an Excellent app that keeps you entertained as well as challenged in a very CASUAL Manner with soothing Music and great graphics. The only complaint most people have is the persistent nagging for an app Rating. However, this can easily be stopped by a one time tap on the RATE button and you can just go back to the app and the rating requests are STOPPED entirely from that point on. I choose not to deduct any stars for this tactic because it is so easily resolved permanently in a few seconds. I enjoy it and recommend it highly to all.

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (Full)
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (Full)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, The best Mystery/Adventure game I have played - Very USER FRIENDLY!, October 9, 2014
Awesome Mystery/Adventure/Hidden Object style game that keeps you Challenged, Engaged and Entertained. Excellent Graphics, great Sound Effects and good Narration. The MOST POLISHED game of this style I have seen after playing many of them. All Sound levels can be adjusted. HINTS are available and the MAP helps you get around quickly. You are also asked in beginning if you want INTERACTIVE HELP. Hidden objects are not too tough to find (especially in CASUAL mode). I also like the SPARKLES that help you find items that need to be interacted with. The MINI-GAMES are wonderful and satisfying. It is more USER FRIENDLY than other Developer's games (of this style) that I have played. It is very SAFE with NO Malware, Intrusive Addons or annoyances (other than asking for app Rating). The BONUS Game is Awesome too. Sadly, they both crashed on me periodically.

Exceptionally Enjoyable and Satisfying game. Storyline is AWESOME and keeps you very Engaged. I have had some Crashing problems with others apps from Artifex Mundi on my Motorola XOOM Tablet and this one crashes on occasion too. At least I can get most of my progress back though. Truly a FUN app!

Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres (Full)
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres (Full)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars USER FRIENDLY, Engaging and Entertaining Mystery/Adventure/Hidden Object game, October 9, 2014
Very polished Mystery/Adventure/Hidden Object style game that keeps you Challenged, Engaged and Entertained. Excellent Graphics, great Sound Effects and good Narration. All Sound levels can be adjusted. HINTS are available and the NOTEBOOK helps you get around quicker. You are also asked in beginning if you want INTERACTIVE HELP. Hidden objects are not too tough to find (especially in NORMAL mode) but some items do not resemble what their description says. This forces you to use Hints more than you want. I also like the SPARKLES that help you find items that need to be interacted with. The MINI-GAMES are wonderful and satisfying. It seems more USER FRIENDLY than other Developer's games (of this style) that I have played. This app is SAFE with NO Malware, Intrusive Addons or annoyances (other than asking for app Rating often ).

Overall, Enjoyable and Satisfying game to play. Only problem: It tends to CRASH after I play awhile on my Motorola XOOM Tablet. I don't know why it does that but it gets Frustrating after a bit. I can always get it back with most progress saved though. Therefore, I had to deduct 1 Star.

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (Full)
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (Full)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars ENGAGING Mystery/Adventure game - Enjoyable and USER FRIENDLY., October 9, 2014
Very polished Mystery/Adventure/Hidden Object style game that keeps you Challenged, Engaged and Entertained. Excellent Graphics, great Sound Effects and good Narration. All Sound levels can be adjusted. HINTS are available and the MAP helps you get around quicker. Hidden objects are not too tough to find (especially in CASUAL mode). I also like the SPARKLES that help you find items that need to be interacted with. The MINI-GAMES are wonderful and satisfying. It seems more USER FRIENDLY than other Developer's games (of this style) that I have played. I is SAFE with NO Malware, Intrusive Addons or annoyances (other than asking for app Rating).

Overall, Enjoyable and Satisfying game to play. Only problem: It tends to CRASH after I play awhile on my Motorola XOOM Tablet. I don't know why it does that but it gets Frustrating after a bit. I can always get it back with most progress saved though. Sadly, I had to deduct 1 Star.

AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor
AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor
Price: $9.98
48 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Accurate Monitor for HUMIDITY/Temp - Especially good for Basement, October 9, 2014
A great tool to keep track of Humidity so you can control it before damage occurs. Very Accurate and easy to read. I like that it records the HIGH and LOW levels of both Temperature and Humidity for each day. It tells you what is happening when you are not doing instantaneous checks. It has helped me to keep better control of basement Humidity since the Dehumidifier displays are not very accurate. Now I an set Humidity level to a SAFER level but not so low that it WASTES ELECTRICITY needlessly. Well worth the cost with neat look. Also has a LEG Stand and a MAGNET on back if you want to attach to a steel surface. Highly recommend it!

Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
Price: $222.99
53 used & new from $186.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Moisture reduction but POOR CONTROL ACCURACY - Now on 3rd unit!, October 9, 2014
Nice design and runs fairly QUIETLY compared to others. Does a good job of reducing HUMIDITY but Controls are often not accurate. I monitored the Humidity levels in our basement with TWO good quality monitors and it proves that this Dehumidifier does not have accurate Humidity level display. It also is very INCONSISTENT on what humidity level it leaves the room at. It often creates humidity levels ranging from -4% to -17% than the setting (monitored by 2 independent, quality monitors). I set control for 55% desired level but it has actually RANGED from 38% to 51% lately after several weeks of operation. If the controls and display were more accurate, we would certainly use MUCH LESS ELECTRICITY since it often goes way below the needed (SETTING) level. But since it fluctuates so unpredictably, I can not take a chance on raising the setting level because it will sometimes exceed safe levels. BEWARE: Frigidaire (Electrolux) Mfgr. offers little help and is resistant to honor Warranty!

Bottom line: It does remove moisture well but can not be controlled properly to good Energy Saving settings. This is actually my 3rd Dehumidifier unit of same model because I returned the first 2 due to even more problems with varying Humidity levels, Fan constantly coming On and OFF for long periods and way too much HEAT coming from unit (raised room temp by 5 degrees).

NOTE: I kept this one because it worked better than the first two and it seems to have settled down so Ranges of Inaccuracy are not quite as bad as before. I purchased the Square Trade 2 Yr Warranty to protect myself. If accuracy is not important and you don't mind paying more for Electricity, it's OK. Shocking that it got a ENERGY STAR RATING! How did that happen?

Twin Moons (Full)
Twin Moons (Full)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Mystery/Adventure game but has a few FLAWS., October 7, 2014
This review is from: Twin Moons (Full) (App)
Great Graphics and interesting Storyline makes this game Engaging. Sound Effects are excellent too. All sounds levels can be adjusted also. It has many good Mini-Games but Controls sometimes work poorly when trying to solve them. Example: I placed all of the broken Picture pieces in correct spots but it failed to recognize that I had completed it. I re-placed all the pieces 3 times and had to skip it out of FRUSTRATION. I also experienced many times that I tapped on the correct item but it did not pick item up until I tapped many times (more Frustration). Many of the hidden objects can not be seen and I only got them by tapping everywhere. The game is pretty long but most of it is spent going back all the time to previous locations... sometimes as much as 8 levels away just for 1 more item. It does have a Map that will let you jump to those previous locations if you want to use it. If it was not for the MAP help, I would have given up on the app from excessive Frustration. Not as User Friendly as we would like to see in a Hugh Priced game that comes with a lot of Hype. It is mostly well designed but needs to have FLAWS fixed. Just OK for now due to FLAWS.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20