Profile for Bob > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob RSS Feed (California USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Torin T43004 3 Ton Aluminum Jack Stands (Sold in Pairs)
Torin T43004 3 Ton Aluminum Jack Stands (Sold in Pairs)
Price: $62.30
2 used & new from $52.96

5.0 out of 5 stars best stands Ive ever used, June 17, 2015
These stands are worth the money. They are easier to place than traditional stands. They don't gouge your floor. They also take less floor space so you can place them closer to the jack. With all these benefits I don't even care that they look nice.

Wagner BD125611E Premium E-Coated Brake Rotor, Rear
Wagner BD125611E Premium E-Coated Brake Rotor, Rear
Price: $26.61
2 used & new from $26.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacemnt rear rotor for 2006 Mercury Milan (similar to Ford Fusion), March 17, 2015
This is a good fit for my 2006 Mercury Milan. The coated non-ware parts will help keep the rust down. The rotors I replaced were partially rusted on so this is a major plus to me. The research I’ve done says that almost all brake rotors are made in the same factory in China, the only difference between rotors is any extra milling or coating that is done after they are produced. Essentially most rotors are all made out of the same kind of metal; some just have slots or holes drilled into them or have been painted. With that said these are great for the money.

One note on these rotors is that they do not have a hole for the locking screw found of some ford vehicles (such as mine) this isn’t an issue to me because I know it’s ultimately the lug nuts holding this thing on, just be aware that this is not a perfect factory replacement.

Marchioro Goa 3S Cat Litter Pan with Lip, Large, Colors Vary
Marchioro Goa 3S Cat Litter Pan with Lip, Large, Colors Vary
Price: $20.48
6 used & new from $13.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect travel litter box, March 17, 2015
I bought this specifically for traveling purposes. The covered box we normally use takes up way to much space in the truck of my car. With this box, I just put a piece of stiff card board over the top and I was able to load light to medium weight items on top of it. This box was perfect for the 12 day cross country trip. Now I plan on continuing to use it full time. It’s easier to clean without having to remove a cover and the top piece seems to do the trick of keeping litter from being kicked over the sides. My cat has had no issues with missing the mark and took to it right away.

This box is made of durable material and feels very sturdy (more so than most other boxes I’ve seen). My only complaint is that sometimes the lid doesn’t snap fully on, and if you pick it up by the lid only, which is intuitive since the lid overlaps the main body, you can have big litter mess on your hands.

Derale 13613 Series 9000 Plate and Fin Transmission Oil Cooler
Derale 13613 Series 9000 Plate and Fin Transmission Oil Cooler
Price: $76.71
12 used & new from $64.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for a Mercury Milan (Similar to a Ford Fusion), March 16, 2015
This fit perfectly in my 2006 Mercury Milan. I was able to place it in front of the radiator, and it installed easily with the included hardware. Before installing this cooler, I could not tell the difference in temperature, by touch, between the outgoing transmission line and the one coming back from the factory cooler (both felt warm to hot to the touch). Now the return line is cool to the touch which is great news in my book.

It could be argued that this big of a cooler on such a small car is overkill. However, you can‚€™t overcool a transmission, and the larger coolers really are not that much more expensive than the small ones. I go with the advice of always installing the largest cooler that will fit. I consider this a cheap insurance plan to protect a very expensive transmission.

Intro-Tech Automotive MR-45 "Custom Auto Shade" Sun Shade
Intro-Tech Automotive MR-45 "Custom Auto Shade" Sun Shade
Price: $37.81
3 used & new from $37.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to take down, March 15, 2015
This item fits well into my 2006 Mercury Milan but it's not a perfect fit. It is about 2 inches too long on each side.

My major complaint is about the roll up design. It is too cumbersome to put up and take down. I previously had an accordion style sun shade that went into place and was taken down with relative ease. This on the other hand takes a good amount of effort to roll up. This would not be an issue if I only needed to put up the sun shade once or twice a day. However, I live in the desert and when running errands I want to put up a sun shade if I'll be parked for any length of time.

Other than this major design issue, I will say that the shade is well made of quality materials, and it would be worth keeping if I didn't need to put it up so many times in a day.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician/Officer Training and Readiness Manual
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician/Officer Training and Readiness Manual
by Department of the Navy
Price: $19.79
17 used & new from $16.12

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a government publication free to anyone who actually needs it, January 13, 2014
This NAVMC is available to free to anyone who actually needs access to it. I’m not sure how a company is trying to make money off of an item that has no copyright due to it being a government document. It’s shameful that it’s even being sold.

Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Program
Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Program
by Development of the Navy
Price: $16.99
16 used & new from $12.16

Buddies 2.4 Ghz Wireless Gamepad Game Controller For PC/PS1/PS2/PS3, Model STK-WA2021PUP, Programmable for all Keyboard Games
Offered by HolidayGiftMart
Price: $14.95
5 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, better than other similar priced controllers, December 23, 2013
I bought this controller because I was unhappy with the "3 in 1 2.4GHz Wireless Controller" model W505 that I bought which is made by the same company. This controller is bigger than the standard PS3 controller but I like it. I also like that it has an added turbo button which is great for the types of games I play.

I use this controller for keyboard style computer games. It is programmable, though the programming is finicky. By this I mean that sometimes that joysticks switch functions on me. I will program the left joystick to be the arrow keys, and it randomly switches the arrow keys to the right joy stick. This only happens on start up, so I just have to turn it off and on a couple of times to get it back the way I want it. Still, it is annoying.

The wireless range is just as good as any Bluetooth device (about 30 ft., and it doesn't need line of site to the receiver), the drivers for the controller come on a provided CD, and download quickly. The manuals for this and other controllers come on the CD, as well as the programming software.

One thing to be aware of is that this has "digital" and "analog" modes. The difference is that in digital mode, the joysticks have the same functions as the directional buttons located above that joystick. You must change the controller to analog mode if you want all of the buttons on the controller to have their own programmable function.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 10:19 AM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but does not come programing software *updated*, December 13, 2013
First off, I am not a gamer so I cannot offer a comparison between this controller and other similar controllers. That being said this controller has met most of my expectations. It is very ergonomic, and the buttons and joy sticks are responsive (not to stiff or mushy). The controller does rumble, though I do not have a game that supports this feature. The wireless distance is equivalent to most Bluetooth devices (a little over 30 feet). The drivers for the controller downloaded quickly onto my Windows 7 machine.
Overall the controller has worked well for me, just a couple of notes to be aware of:
1) The controller does not come with a manual of any kind, not even an electronic manual on the CD it comes with.
2) The controller "goes to sleep" after about 10 minutes, you have to hit the start button to "wake it up" for a while I thought the controller had stopped working for me because of this, not even pulling out the batteries and putting in new ones would "wake it up" only pushing the start button does this.

*UPDATE*
3) This controller is programmable. But this controller does not come with the programming software. I bought a similar controller by the same company (the Buddies 2.4 Ghz Wireless Gamepad model WA2021 which is nicer and the same price) the newer controller came with programming software that works on both types of controllers and it came with the owner's manual for both controllers. It seems like this controller is just being sent out with a CD that is incomplete.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 12:51 AM PST

LG Electronics PN4500 42PN4500 42-Inch Plasma 720p 600Hz TV (Black) (2013 Model)
Offered by Best Deals Fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, June 13, 2013
I was looking of a flat screen T.V. to replace an old CRT and this is the third attempt to find something that is budget friendly and quality.

After following a CNET review I tried to the Samsung PN43F4500 plasma. The picture and sound quality was great but the T.V. as a whole was unattractive and I didn't like the available settings so I took it back and tried the LG 42LN5300 LED-lit T.V. Which was a much better looking, but, despite being 1080p resolution, the picture quality was horrible, there was noticeable motion blur and the sound quality was unacceptable. However, I did like the available settings. This finally led me to one of the few plasma's LG still offers and I couldn't be happier.

The picture quality is awesome, and the sound is as good as you could expect with only two 10w speakers. This is not a smart T.V. so it doesn't have all of those extra features I'd never use. It hooks up easily to my computer via an HDMI cable and that gives all the "smart features" I need. I can't see any pixilation with the 720p so don't let that scare you away. The T.V. has great construction compared to the other two I tried. This one has actual steel casing on the backside of the T.V. compared to the plastic the other LG and Samsung had.

The Swivel stand is also another great feature that the other two lacked. The quality of this T.V. just feels well above any of its competitors. One other thing I like about this T.V. is that the on T.V. controls are located on the side of the T.V. instead of behind it, so you can actually see the buttons you are pushing. I do use these buttons and I was rather frustrated at not being able to see the buttons I was pushing on the other T.V.'s.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2014 11:12 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4