Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Davey Williams > Reviews

Browse

Davey Williams' Profile

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Davey Williams "davey williams" RSS Feed (los angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Justice League: Gods and Monsters (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)
DVD ~ Sam Liu
Price: $14.99
48 used & new from $6.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor writing, lackluster acting and fratboy violence results in flop., August 21, 2015
This movie is just plain bad. Once again, DC attempts to attract "mature" viewers. Do they write more sophisticated plots? No. Do they elevate the story? No. Do they offer challenging themes? No.

By "mature," they mean that they had a group of fratboys put in as much inane sex and violence as they wanted. In the opening five minutes, we see characters impaled, bludgeoned, crippled, ripped in half, burned to death, shot, crushed and decapitated. The movie is no better for any of this - it's just senseless, poorly animated violence delivered with hackneyed dialogue and awful acting.

Added to this, the filmmakers determine to incorporate as much offensive sexual innuendo as they can. Don't get me wrong - Sex in the City was hilarious. But in this movie it's just god awful. In one scene a female character says "this designated driver is leaving," to which her boyfriend replies "but I'm your boyfriend - you're supposed to drive me tonight." Ugh. That is HORRIBLE WRITING.

This movie all-out sucks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2015 4:04 PM PDT

Petmate Jackson Galaxy Base Camp Carrier with Mesh Tunnel
Petmate Jackson Galaxy Base Camp Carrier with Mesh Tunnel
Price: $41.67
5 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a carrier, but AWESOME fun as a toy, August 13, 2015
The carrier is pretty high quality, and large. I have an 11 lb cat and the carrier still offers tons of space for her. It comes with a plastic plate that is carpeted on one side to lay down as a floor, or remove to collapse the carrier. Cats can be retrieved/comforted through three zipping sides and a rooftop zipping flap.

It comes with one mesh "running tube" that connects by unzipping one of the three circular side panels completely, and attaching the tube via zipper. Up to three sides can have tubes attached, and we purchased two solid colored tubes at the same time. Attaching all three the carrier becomes one approx 7 ft running tube with a 3 ft side run, and the cats find this toy to be fun, fun, fun. The tubes are made of durable plastic sheeting with thin metal wires as support, and have proven safe and durable. Three weeks of constant kitty claws and the material is holding up.

We have a new kitten in the house, and she plays in this thing hours a day. She runs through the tubes, practices stalking in the solid ones, and even has taken to using the outer tubes as trampolines she jumps on to launch herself all over. The older cat likes to (when she feels,it will be free from kitten hijinks) sit quietly in the tubes. I'm pretty sure this toy will be more fun for younger cats and kittens. Graymalkins might find the whole affair "passé".

Corona BP 3160 Classic Cut Forged Bypass Pruner, 3/4" Cut
Corona BP 3160 Classic Cut Forged Bypass Pruner, 3/4" Cut
Price: $17.50
54 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to snuff., March 26, 2015
It's exceedingly rare for me to rate an item one star in a review, but this is why. These pruners were used three times, all for simple potted plant work that easily fell under half its capacity (these are rated to 3/4", but I doubt I cut anything more than 1/4", and it was all supple green growth.

Despite wiping these down and storing them in a locker, after two weekend sessions they were exhibiting rust spots and chips to the blade. On the third use the blade became misaligned so they would no longer close.

I'm a Gardner with over five years experience...these went bad faster than any shears I've ever had. Thus the one star. They were ruined within my return period, so I lucked out, but I think many unfortunate owners will find theirs wreaked two or three months into use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2015 2:00 AM PDT

WD My Cloud Mirror 6TB 2-bay Personal Cloud Storage - All your files saved twice. Accessible anywhere
Price: $326.37
18 used & new from $319.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of direct to computer connection makes this a fail, December 27, 2014
This product is a FAIL for one simple reason: you can't connect directly to a computer. Yes, I understand it's a cloud storage drive. But given that it is already the size of a football and weighs several pounds, there is no reason they could not have included a USB port to increase flexibility.

Sorry...while my external drives mostly sit on my desk so that the cloud connection is nice, what if I need to take the drive someplace to move data from another system? What if my internet is down? So if I move I lose access to my data entirely until I set up new Internet?

Below my review, you will see that the manufacturer has responded. I find this kind of snotty, but I'm open to it. In response to them, the USB port they mention is UTTERLY USELESS. You cannot use this to create a connection from a computer to this drive. It simply daisy chains to a second drive to create additional storage space.

Despite their feedback, I'm sticking to my assessment. The drive was heavy and expensive, and I cannot see the inclusion of a port that would allow direct connect to be inhibitive. To me, the idea of my data being inaccessible whenever there's no wifi is inexcusable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 3:32 PM PST

Swheat Scoop Multi Cat Natural Wheat Cat Litter, 14 Pound Bag
Swheat Scoop Multi Cat Natural Wheat Cat Litter, 14 Pound Bag
Price: $10.49
5 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great litter, October 2, 2014
I like this far better than the traditional litter we used to buy. It's lighter...by A LOT. And it clumps really well. It also smells vaguely like cereal.

Scratch Lounge II
Scratch Lounge II

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid scratcher our cats love., October 2, 2014
This review is from: Scratch Lounge II (Misc.)
This is...for no reason I can discern...our cat's favorite thing of all time. They therefore requested a five star rating. Our bengal is in a habit of sitting in it with her front arm draped along the side, which always looks as though she's both lounging and about to impart something particularly important. I think she's worked out a unified theory of physics, but is trying to figure out how to dumb it down to our level.

Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan
Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan
Price: $29.99
19 used & new from $19.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing for the kitties who bring the fling (ba da bing), October 2, 2014
So one of our kitties developed fling-itis. Which is interesting in that she digs and buries for a full three minutes, somehow managing to (with our old box) get a full cup of litter all over the floor, where only like one single granule is on the actual poo. She's either totally incompetent or messing with us or just having fun. Or all three.

I digress!

So this box solves that, nuff said. It's deep enough that the only litter than makes it out is the few granules on their paws. Most of this ends up on the lid, which is easy to detach to drop stray litter back into the pan.

Like other reviewers point out, there's a lip on one side on the bottom. This is a handle on the outside, which is nifty, but wet litter packs into a 1/2" x 4" space on that side. At first this was annoying, because even with a study scoop it's hard to get out completely. Thus, in Silence of the Lambs fashion, it gets the hose monthly.

This is essentially an overpriced rubbermaid bin, but because it works really well I have no problem paying the premium.

Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum, SD20005RED
Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum, SD20005RED
Price: $26.72
52 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great (loud) little vacuum., September 2, 2014
Great little vacuum. I got this to clean up around the litter box (dang messy cats) and this does that with aplomb. The pros are massive suction, a long electrical cord and an easy to clean dirt chamber and filter. The only con is the fact that its corded (which is why its so powerful) and the fact that its a loud little monster. The cats give it minus five stars for the noise, but I'm the one that has to sweep up the little flecks of litter they leave on the bathroom floor, and being able to suck these up daily in ten seconds warrants the high rating.

Cuisinart FP-12DC Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast
Cuisinart FP-12DC Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast
Price: $164.48
35 used & new from $80.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, with one fatal flaw., September 2, 2014
This is a great food processor, don't get me wrong. The high-powered engine is a true workhorse, capable of grinding, chopping and pulverizing most anything. I use it regularly for pie and pastry dough - the included plastic blade processes my pie crust into a ready-to-chill disc every time. Cheese grating...veggie chopping...compiling sauces, salsas, hummus or most anything else in that area...awesome.

That said, this machine has one fatal flaw that leads me to knock it down to three stars (all the way from 'must buy' to 'awesome purchase' to 'hum...maybe). The bowl lid has a permanent seal that is intended to prevent leaks. The problem is that bits of food get stuck up between the seal and upper surface of the lid. Cuisinart has included a little tool for working food out of this predicament, and there are 6-8 small air holes in the upper plastic that allows water (somewhat) to flush the area. The problem is that food still gets stuck up there, and can be a pain to dislodge. Last weekend I made a red pepper puree, and at least a dozen little flecks were up in the lid, which took about an hour to get out using the tool and a stream of water from the faucet.

This represents an unacceptable risk of food-born illness. I have an immune system compromised transplant patient in the house, so we watch for stuff like this. If I were grinding meat for hamburger, fleck of raw meat up in this chamber would be a massive problem. And cheeses, oils and other foods aren't much better. I am not a germophobe, but having bits of food stuck in an appliance is NOT GOOD.

Therefore, I would recommend this only if you don't have very young children, elderly or illness-prone individuals in the household, and I would not recommend using this with raw meat or other high-risk foods. It's too bad...as an amateur chef I love the power and capabilities of this little machine, but the seal issue prevents me from giving it a very positive rating.

Jiffy 5311 10-Count Seed Start Pots, 3-Inch (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Jiffy 5311 10-Count Seed Start Pots, 3-Inch (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $4.29
17 used & new from $1.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay...but just okay., June 16, 2014
I tried these for some seedlings. I've purchased larger plants from the nursery in these peat biodegradable pots before, and wanted to try them for the plants I'd started.

The biggest issue with them, I think, is that they're a little small. The plants I planted became root-bound because they were a little too small to be strong enough to break through the pots once transplanted. Some seedlings I'd simultaneously planted in plastic containers of the same size did much better upon transplantation. I think these work great in larger pots in a nursery setting, but for seedlings I sprout I'll stick with plastic reusable pots.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8