Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for J.Clarke > Reviews

Browse

J.Clarke's Profile

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J.Clarke RSS Feed (Burbank, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
AmazonBasics Micro USB Universal Car Charger for Android - Coiled Cable
AmazonBasics Micro USB Universal Car Charger for Android - Coiled Cable

3.0 out of 5 stars It works just fine and all, March 18, 2016
This cell phone charger for the car is ok. It works just fine and all, but the "telephone cord" cable is not very stretchy. There's very little "slack" to it. So if I have my phone plugged into my car's cigarette lighter, and I pick up my phone a little too vigorously—pull it close to me to check something (no, not while I am driving)—the plug will pull out slightly—just enough to disengage the charge… and instead of charging the phone, it will suck the life out of it. I have to always push down on the plug to ensure it is plugged-in completely and charging.

Meh!

My Parents Open Carry
My Parents Open Carry
by Brian Jeffs
Price: $13.49
37 used & new from $9.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, August 6, 2014
This review is from: My Parents Open Carry (Paperback)
Awesome book! Can't wait for the follow-up, "My Parents Chose Open Casket".

The U.S. Albums
The U.S. Albums
Price: $165.71
30 used & new from $96.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Capitol Should Have Issued/Packaged ALL of These Albums Years Ago..., January 22, 2014
This review is from: The U.S. Albums (Audio CD)
Of these new U.S. Album releases, I only purchased "United Artists 'A Hard Day's Night'", "Yesterday & Today", "Revolver" and "Hey Jude". Once I learned that the proper U.S. mixes were not being utilized for this release--for most of the albums--I cancelled my order for this box, and purchased the above four CDs separately.

But I am still giving this box set five stars--for the sheer fact that these important releases are finally being acknowledged with a complete release with the proper packaging that they have always deserved. I was hoping Capitol would follow-through with a "Volume 3" of the "Capitol Albums" several years back... but, unfortunately, they dropped the ball on that one.

So, now I've got the proper mono and stereo mixes of the first eight U.S. albums--but with cheap-o packaging, and the last four unique U.S albums in mono and stereo--with packaging more appropriate for the music within! (The contortions we American Beatle fans have had to go through in order to have our beloved mixes and properly-sequenced albums!).

But tonight, as I listen to "Yesterday & Today"... with its "Butcher" cover and "Trunk" paste-over sticker... I am a happy man!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 7:51 AM PST

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Well, all I can say is..., January 12, 2014
Spent a good portion of the weekend trying to run Chromecast from my wife's kindle fire to our HD TV. Got the Chromecast screen to appear, but that's where it continually ended. The TV would not recognize the kindle fire.

Followed all sorts of instructions and tips--youtube tutorials, amazon reviews/tips, etc., all to no avail. One thing I noticed - that I saw on an instructional video - was the Chromecast icon in the upper-right of the tablet's screen, while in the app being sent to the Chromecast/TV. That icon never appeared on the kindle's screen.

I'm no IT tech whiz, but I am pretty good with these kinds of things. So clearly this chromecast has got a lot of bugs to work out. I'm sure this gizmo is brilliant to SOME out there. But I see no point in releasing these things to the public before they are 100% compatible with all android devices, and not just some.

Added 1/18: We bought a Roku to replace the Chromecast. Hook-up and activation was as easy as one-two-three! I recommend the Roku to anyone having trouble with Chromecast!

Maytag MVWC400XW Centennial 3.6 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer - Energy Star
Maytag MVWC400XW Centennial 3.6 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer - Energy Star

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give this washer NO stars, I would!, June 17, 2012
Ecoconserve, huh? Well, it's a time-waster!

This washer was installed in our apartment's laundry room after our trusty and fool-proof REGULAR loading washer died.

I HATE this washer! I always have. It does not complete the rinse and spin cycle about 75% of the time! Today is just another day of the same old **** with this piece of junk! I am on my 5th attempt right now to get my sheets to spin thoroughly so that I don't have to throw a soaking heap in the dryer! Like I have time to spend my entire day hovering around the laundry room, waiting for something that should work the FIRST time?!

My sheets should have been dry hours ago, and my clothes should be washed and drying right now! Instead, sheets still not in the dryer and my clothes are not yet washing!

Don't buy this piece of junk! I rue the day my landlord replaced our good old Kenmore washer with this "ecoconserve", load-sensing trash!

Wounded Rhymes
Wounded Rhymes
Price: $11.99
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album of 2011 IMO, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Wounded Rhymes (Audio CD)
Katy WHO? Lady WHAT?

I kept hearing, "I Follow Rivers" on the radio this Summer and always wondered who it was. Sounded "old" to me, while sounding "new", as well. Always a good sign....

I finally reseached the song, found out it was Lykke Li, and bought "Wounded Rhymes" last weekend. It's been in my car CD player since!

I can't get enough of this album! I love her voice, I love the dark and plodding rhythms throughout, the vocal arrangements are brilliant. The music makes me both happy and sad all at once. I haven't been so entranced and captivated by an artist/album in quite some time.

I can't help but hear "Phil Spector Wall of Sound" all over the place on "Wounded Rhymes". Mid-60's Los Angeles meets 2011 Sweden! Love it! Heck, Li even sounds like Ronnie Spector at times.

I of course love, "I Follow Rivers", but there are even better tracks on the album. You know you're dealing with something special when the track that gets the airplay isn't the best track on the album. "Youth Knows No Pain", "Love Out Of Lust", "Get Some", and "Silent My Song" are particular noteables.

If this record doesn't win Album Of The Year, I won't know what say about it.

Wow!

Black Decker CHV1410 Dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Black Decker CHV1410 Dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Hand-Vac!, December 11, 2010
Our old trusty Dirt Devil finally kicked the bucket a few months ago, and we needed to replace it. This Black and Decker was really the only option we could find in two separate "home" stores.... and so, the Black and Decker it was!

Sheesh! This sure was a poor replacement for our Dirt Devil! It has so little power and suction that it takes me double the time + to do the same daily and weekly tasks as our Dirt Devil used to. It's also considerably heavier than the Dirt Devil. One final annoying thing about this vacuum is that it is very hard to turn on! The power button isn't very "agile", and I have to press down and push really hard with my thumb to turn it on.

Over-all, a lousy product. I am using Christmas as an "excuse" to buy us a new Dirt Devil!

The 4 Complete Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Beatles
The 4 Complete Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Beatles
DVD ~ Ed Sullivan
Price: $14.99
52 used & new from $4.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too different from the 2003 release, August 28, 2010
Since this DVD set isn't out yet - and I can't possibly have seen it - this "review" is based on things I have heard from some reliable Beatles sources.

This release will be pretty similar to the SOFA Home Entertainment release from 2003, with the addition of some 13 additional minutes of footage. This additional content will consist of a brief London interview with The Beatles by Sullivan which apparently has not been seen since the day it aired (May 24, 1964); a 1966 b&w commercial for Beatles dolls introduced by Sullivan in color; and the host reading a 1967 telegram from The Beatles congratulating him on the renaming of the studio to "The Ed Sullivan Theater."

Also, the Miami, FL show is being refurbished as the original taping (which was done in a hotel and not in a TV studio) was pretty weak.

It's up to you to decide if this is worth it or not (if you already have the previous SOFA release). I probably will not bother.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2010 6:53 AM PDT

Cuisinart DCC-450 4-Cup Coffeemaker with Stainless-Steel Carafe
Cuisinart DCC-450 4-Cup Coffeemaker with Stainless-Steel Carafe
Price: $34.78 - $137.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this coffee maker, June 9, 2010
I received this little coffee maker for Christmas last year, and it's been great. I drink a couple cups of coffee a day and this is perfect because I don't need to make huge pots of coffee. I fill it with water up to the "3 cups" line, and that is ONE "cup" of coffee for me (as in 10-12 oz. mug of coffee). Perfect size and capacity for my needs.

I agree with those who have complained about spills and such. The pot could use a bit of a re-design, but it's no big deal. Take a little care when pouring and you won't spill any coffee.

Highly recommend this product for those who only need to brew two or three "cups" of coffee a day.

Added 12/11/10: Well, after not quite a full year (I received it last Christmas), my Cuisinart DCC-450 died. For the past month or so, it began taking a very long time to brew coffee.... and when it was finished - which started to get difficult to determine without opening the lid, and getting blasted with steam, to check if there was still water in the reservoir--which there always was - the output of coffee was severely diminished. Put in enough water for 3 cups, and I'd get out maybe one cup's worth! I ran white vinegar and water through it twice to see if it just needed to be cleaned out... but to no avail.

So, in short, this was a decent coffee maker for a while. But having lasted less than a year, I am lowering my original rating down to 3-stars. Oh... and I didn't own a pink one! Mine was black. LOL!

Amoeba's Secret
Amoeba's Secret
Price: $7.20
69 used & new from $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I was lucky enough to have been there!, July 13, 2009
This review is from: Amoeba's Secret (Audio CD)
Great performances! Memorable show! But Amoeba originally touted this mini LP as a "limited run". So, I snatched up three copies (the limit to how many one could purchase) with "future collector's item" in mind. Then, what do they do? They re-release it in mass quantities! LOL! Still cool, but I felt duped into buying what I thought would not be available for very long. 5 stars for the music; -25 stars for the marketing ploy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8