Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 181

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "j allen" RSS Feed (Kern Co, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
TP-LINK Archer C8 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 1 USB 2.0 Port & 1 USB 3.0 Port, IPv6, Guest Network
Price: $119.16
53 used & new from $107.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my USB HD problems, December 28, 2014
Bought this to replace a Netgear AC1450 wireless router.
I use a 3TB external hard drive connected to my router.
The Netgear kept corrupting the drive(s).
Despite firmware upgradesw and other suggestions I found online, the problem persisted.

This TP-LINK Archer C8 seems to be doing just fine as far as the USB 3 hard drive is concerned.
My Cannon Pixma 9000 PRO is also connected to the router and came right up with no problem. (A driver is required and included for printers).
As far as the wireless is concerned, I use hard wired as much as possible. I do have a tablet and a phone which have no problem connecting anywhere in my 3000 sqft two story house. Speeds are better than the Netgear, and range seems about the same.

Just hoping that USB hard drive corruption is not going to occur again. It was very frustrating and a real pain to have to try to fix a drive on a weekly basis. This router seems like it is OK in that department, which I consider more important than the wireless specs.

Class 4.8 Steel Machine Screw, Zinc Plated Finish, Pan Head, Phillips Drive, Meets DIN 7985, 5mm Length, M2-0.4 Metric Coarse Threads (Pack of 100)
Price: $3.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, quick shipping., December 22, 2014
Good price, quick shipping.

100 Pcs Hex Threaded Spacer Offwhite Plastic PC Board Standoff
100 Pcs Hex Threaded Spacer Offwhite Plastic PC Board Standoff
Offered by Able Provider
Price: $6.16
6 used & new from $5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, quick shipping., December 22, 2014
Good price, quick shipping.

2GB kit (1GBx2) DDR2 PC2-4200 DESKTOP Memory Modules (240-pin DIMM, 533MHz) Genuine A-Tech Brand
Offered by A-Tech Components
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $15.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way, December 22, 2014
Excellent!
Purchased for an old HP Pavilion, a1647c.
Works great.
Very fast delivery.

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black
Offered by GSI*Online
Price: $30.49
117 used & new from $18.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed!, December 13, 2014
What you get is not a Logitech K400, but a K400r.
There is a Big difference!

I already owned two K400s which I use with my TV computer and CNC machine.
I ordered another K400 for a weather station installation.
When I received it, I noticed that the F1-F12 keys were now blue, meaning you must use the FN key (shift) to access the F1-F12 keys.
The other arbitrary keys took over as default; volume, brightness, search, etc.

It is really Logitech's fault. The part number is the same as the older K400, but they are significantly different. The picture on my new box shows a K400r, but the part numbers did not change.
I really can't figure out why Logitech did that.
I love the K400s I have. I need the use the F1-F12 keys more than volume and brightness, so having to use the FN key to get to them is really annoying. Logitech has no solution, software or otherwise that can flip the FN key usage.

If Logitech had simply re-identified the part number and simply marked the box as K400r, or better yet, an entirely new designation, I would have no complaint. But they did not, except for the photo on the box and a small "r" on the back of the keyboard, which of course you do not see until the box is opened and you turn the keyboard over.
Also, the F1-F12 keys look like they were applied as stencils giving the keyboard a cheap look compared to its older version.

I cannot blame Amazon for this, although their photo in the description is of a K400, not a K400r.

New 12V 10A Wireless Remote Control Code Receiver Momentary Switch (1 Channel)
New 12V 10A Wireless Remote Control Code Receiver Momentary Switch (1 Channel)
Offered by nj365
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well; needs (better) instructions: minimum -1 star penalty, November 28, 2014
I bought a very similar product from another vendor which was a different circuit design.
It arrived programmed for momentary on and off and worked immediately after applying the 12VDC required.
This one did not.

The instructions here leave a lot to be desired, and, at the very least, are frustrating and must cause the customers and the vendor considerable grief. However, once I figured out the programming, it has worked well at 30-50 feet. Sometimes re-orienting or stretching the coiled antenna can help. I did not have to however.

Hope some of this helps:
Apply 12VDC to power receiver using the + and - terminals on the receiver board. The remote already has a 12VDC (Lr,G) 23a battery installed.

The Com (common) and NO or NC (normally open and normally closed) contacts can carry up to 10 Amps of current or just supply a signal, depending on your needs. A garage door opener, for instance, would probably just need a signal, whereas a string of LEDs might need a 4.5VDC or 12VDC source.

Programming:
The unit did not work right out of the box in momentary mode, which is what I needed. Maybe some do.
It took me awhile to figure out the programming because the instructions in the description area here are worse than not having any instructions. Amazonazing!

When you have properly powered the receiver with 12VDC, the green LED will be on.

1) Start by clearing the programming just so you know what state the receiver is in (step 2).

2) Hold the programming button until the red programming LED indicator lights and stays on for about 5 seconds and then goes off. Do not release the programming button.
Keep holding the programming button after the red programming indicator goes out, and eventually the red LED will flash once.
Keep holding the programming button longer and the red LED will flash twice.
Keep holding it longer and it will flash three times.
Do not release the programming button until after you have seen the number of flashes you need for your application.
In my case, that was one flash.

3) Press the programming button again until the red LED stays lit; about a 2 second press.

4) While the red indicator is lit, press the A or B button.
The receiver will acknowledge by flashing the red and green LEDs twice.
It also bonds to the particular receiver you are using in this step.

The next time you press the A or B button, whichever one you pressed in step 4), the relay will click on.
If you used one flash, it will go off when you release the button (momentary).
If two flashes, it will go on on the first press, and off on the second press (toggle) of the same button.
If three flashes, the button you used for programing will turn the relay on, and the other button will turn it off (interlock).

Note that if you used the B button for programming in step 4), it will be the ON button for all three modes. I used A so that was my ON button.

If you do not hear the relay activating (low click), start over from 1).

Notice: You should loosen your finger by truning counterclockways...

Generic Mini Rf Wireless Fixed Code Remote Control And 1 Channel Receiver Momentary Switch
Offered by seaboltd
Price: $11.09
4 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 24, 2014
Worked with no problem. Just hooked it up and it worked fine.
The little box was not useful for me. I just put it behind the bezel of the computer I used it on.
In my case I spliced it into the power switch wiring to turn on (and off) a computer that runs my backup system and media server.

The remote came set up for momentary (push on, release off). This would be what you would need to activate your garage door opener that has no remote, or one with a broken remote. There is a jumper on the circuit board that looks like it might be for changing the receiver and relay to toggle from momentary. I am guessing since there are no instructions. Mine came set up for momentary as the description states. The jumper on mine is set to "M". I did not try setting it to "T", but I guess that is probably toggle ON/OFF.

I am using it at about 20 feet. I have read that stretching out the antenna coil or reorienting it will give greater range. I did not have to do that.

My only negative comment is that there should at least be a minimal instruction sheet, that the terminals looked a bit dirty, and it is perhaps a bit overpriced. But it works well, so 5 stars.

Importer520 Gold Plated HDMI Female to DVI-D Male Video Adapter
Importer520 Gold Plated HDMI Female to DVI-D Male Video Adapter
Offered by Cable Time
Price: $3.19
22 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, November 20, 2014
good price and fast shipping

ADATA DashDrive Series UV128 8GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Black/Yellow (AUV128-8G-RBY)
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, November 20, 2014
This is my second of the same model. This one seems to disconnect more often, although I suspect it could be my USB 3.0 extension. Still it seems well made and is fast for the price.
The slider mechanism on these works smoothly and reliably.

SanDisk Cruzer 16GB (8GB x 2) Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive Jump Drive Pen Drive SDCZ50 - Two Pack
Offered by CWP Online
Price: $12.49
10 used & new from $4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, November 20, 2014
Good price and fast shipping.
Not much more I can ask for.
Not the fastest available, but good enough for installing programs, listening to music, etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19