Profile for TheBlueMajestic > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheBlueMajestic RSS Feed

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Nikon EN-EL14, EN-EL14a and Nikon P7000, P7100, P7700, P7800, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5100, D5200, D5300, Df
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with my Nikon D5100, March 18, 2013
My batteries arrived today and luckily they had about 50% power in them so I was able to do a quick check with my camera for compatibility. Popped them in, took a few test shots, reviewed on the rear LCD monitor, no issues.

For the price of 1 Nikon battery, I'm getting 2 batteries, a wall charger, and an auxiliary power adapter for my car. Can't beat that! While the Wasabi charger is charging one battery, I'm using my Nikon charger that came with my camera to charge the other at the same time.

Using the rear LCD monitor , shooting with flash, and using LiveView drain batteries quick. With a total of 3 batteries (original Nikon battery that came with my camera + the 2 Wasabi batteries) I feel confident that I have enough battery power to last an entire day.

HIS Multi-View II DVI USB 2.0 Adapter HMV2-MAC-PC - Retail
HIS Multi-View II DVI USB 2.0 Adapter HMV2-MAC-PC - Retail
Price: $45.19
7 used & new from $28.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Review (day 1), September 4, 2012
Currently, I have an HP L1940T monitor paired with my 14" widescreen (1600x900) notebook computer (Windows 7). As an enterprise application developer, having a widescreen display is not important to me. Vertical (portrait) real estate is what I need. I was able to get my hands on another HP L1940T monitor and purchased the HIS Multi-View II to power the 3rd monitor. Installation was simple. I connected the 3rd monitor to the adapter and then plugged the adapter into the computer's USB 2.0 port. The computer automatically recognized the adapter and installed the drivers. I had to restart the computer and everything worked perfectly. The only thing I noticed was that the 3rd monitor seemed dimmer than the 2nd; possibly due to settings within the HIS adapter. I was easily able to match both monitor settings using the monitor's internal controls and everything now looks great. One feature that sold me on this adapter was that it was the only one that I could find that specifically stated OS X compatibility. I run OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion at home and in the event I want a 3rd monitor I can use this adapter at home too. Although, any adapter running DisplayLink DL2 should be Mac compatible.

I've read reviews on this and other adapters where users were experienced lag and jumpy cursors. So far I have not seen this. I can drag windows around on the 3rd monitor (HIS powered) and it looks identical to the 2nd monitor that's connected to the computer via the VGA port. I've learned that the limitations with external video cards have to do with the type of USB port that the adapter was built for. USB 2.0 does not have the same bandwidth as USB 3.0. Therefore you should not expect to watch HD video at 2048x1152 with USB 2.0 at perfect clarity. In my opinion, a USB 2.0 adapter is best suited for viewing webpages, documents, and smaller scaled video.

Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter
Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter
Price: Click here to see our price
56 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter, January 9, 2007
I purchased this filter for my 2006 Christmas vacation in Hawaii. I knew that I was going to take a lot of outdoor photographs and wanted to try using a UV filter to make them more crisp. I have a Canon S3 IS which is not a traditional SLR so in order to use this filter I purchased the Canon LAH-DC20 Lens Adapter and Hood Set. Not only is this a great filter for cutting out haze in my photos, it's an affordable protective layer between the built in lens and the real world. I have many cameras with sand and fingerprints all over the lenses. It's impossible to keep them clean. Anything that gets onto this filter cannot harm the built in lens and is easily cleaned by simply removing the filter and wiping with a lens cloth. I have noticed a great improvement in my outdoor photography in clarity.

One caveat:

I was fortunate enough to get some expert advice concerning how tight to screw on filters and lenses. JUST BARELY FINGER TIGHT! Those little buggers have a nasty tendency to go from "kind of loose" to "how do you get this d@mn thing off" very quickly!

Canon LAH-DC20 Conversion Lens Adapter (LA-DC58E) and Hood (LH-DC40) Set for the S5 IS, S3 IS & S2 IS Digital Camera
2 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon LAH-DC20 Lens Adapter and Hood Set for the S3 IS, January 9, 2007
I purchased this adapter and hood set for my 2006 Christmas vacation in Hawaii. I knew that I was going to take a lot of outdoor photographs and wanted to try using a UV filter to make them more crisp. The only way to use add-on filters and lenses with the Canon S3/S2 IS is with this adapter. My only complaint is that there were no instructions provided on how to remove the ring around the lens housing to install the adapter. It's either in the camera's manual (which I didn't bring with me) or it's something that you should already know from experience. Luckily, I remembered seeing a small button just below and to the left of the lens housing on the front of the camera. I had played with it before out of curiosity but never figured out what it was for. This is the button that removes the ring. Hold down the button and rotate the ring a quarter turn, counter clockwise. There are two white dots that need to line up. The lens adapter will replace this ring. Now, install any optional 58mm filter or lens and then the hood set.

One caveat:
Taking photos with no zoom and the hood attached reveals fuzzy black-rounded corners on all of your photos. At no zoom, the camera just barely picks up the hood set. Just a small tap on the zoom will fix this.
With out the hood set, the adapter provides no obsticles.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2009 9:56 PM PDT