Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for R. B. Ray > Reviews

Browse

R. B. Ray's Profile

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. B. Ray "Rus Ray" RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Star Wars: Rebellion Board Game
Star Wars: Rebellion Board Game
Price: $73.71
32 used & new from $73.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A long time ago, in a game box far, far away......, April 20, 2016
"The Emperor has made a critical error and the time for our attack has come."
-Mon Mothma

It's hard to know where to begin. Let me start by saying that I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan when it comes to the stories. I have been woefully underwhelmed when it comes to the board games. I own X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter and I've played Armada; both tend to not keep my attention. If you love Star Wars and galactic conquest games, I'll say this: This is the game you've been looking for.

Game Goals
"Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough."
-Wilhuff Tarkin
The Rebel Alliance places their base on a planet known only to that player while attempting to complete Objectives in an attempt to garner enough sympathy and reputation within the galaxy to set the decline of the Empire into motion. The Empire searches for the Rebel's base; if found and ground troops are landed on the planet it is such a major setback to the Rebellion that it ensures Imperial dominance. It's a wonderful cat and mouse game. Nothing beats the feeling of using the Death Star to blow up your first planet!
You'll be using space units, ground units and leaders to achieve the aforementioned objectives. Leaders execute missions, and assist in leading combatants.

Replayability: 9/10
"Don't ever tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo
Fantasy Flight Games has a rulebook setup to help you learn the game; after that initial play through, you can draw cards to determine the initial setup. There are certain systems that produce high sought items (Mon Calamari Cruisers / AT-ATs) which are always highly contested, but outside of that the Rebel base could be anywhere. The mission decks are large enough so you won't see the same missions every game.

Game Components: 10/10
"It's a trap!"
-Admiral Gial Ackbar
There are two boards that accompany this game, they fit side by side and showcase 32 planets of the Star Wars galaxy totaling 92x24. The board is colorful and very well made.
The minitures are absolutely wonderful, special attention to the Death Star under construction model, which is wonderfully detailed. Many friends have suggested painting the models, which is possible; but I really think they stand out on their own.

Combat System: 8/10
"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
-Yoda
Combat is resolved by using your Leaders, Tactic Cards and Combat Dice. After you add a leader to the combat each player draws tactics cards based on his leader in the system. Players then roll dice to determine hits. The player may play a tactic card after his die rolls. Damage is assigned; wash, rinse and repeat. If a unit has sustained damage, but not been destroyed, that unit keeps damage throughout the combat; however, when the combat has ended, all remaining units are automatically returned to full "health."
It's an interesting system, that relies mostly on luck, but you can definitely use good planning to have better chances in combat!

Overall: 10/10
"These are your first steps ... "
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
What we have here is a beautifully thematic game with wonderful components, great rules, and tons of replayability. I would recommend this game to anyone that enjoys the Star Wars theme, or anyone that enjoys board games in general. It's a wonderfully well-rounded game with very few faults in gameplay.

FOME Ergonomic Right-handed Design Noiseless Buttons Precise positing Optical Wireless Gaming Mouse Black
Offered by IGrace
Price: $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything was fine until about a week ago when the wheel began ..., February 28, 2016
This mouse absolutely met my expectations, until recently. The Right and Left mouse buttons are completely silent. The two side buttons do have a clicking sound, but that doesn't bother me. Where this mouse failed me is in the scroll wheel! Everything was fine until about a week ago when the wheel began to squeak. It would only squeak when scrolling very fast, but now it squeaks at any time. VERY disappointing.

Katey Ladybug
Katey Ladybug
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 26, 2016
This review is from: Katey Ladybug (Kindle Edition)
Adorable story of a curious and brave lady bug. I love the message and my son loves the rhymes and illustrations.

The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1)
The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1)
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, February 10, 2016
Well written, can't wait for the next book in the series!

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Case for Galaxy Note 5 [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Cover with Built-in Screen Protector / Bumpers (Black/Black)
Offered by BrilloTech
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price. Maybe bad materials., October 18, 2015
I have owned this product for 17 days.

Pros
+ Case adds little profile to the phone. It's still very slim.
+ Screen protector built in.
+ Belt clip comes with case.

Cons
- Tiny amounts of lint get between screen protector and phone if you put the phone in your pocket often. Fortunately the case does come with a clip so it doesn't have to go in the pocket. This is BARELY a con, because I've had Lifeproof cases that also have lint get between the case and phone.
- Materials that make up the clip are definitely of cheap make.

The bottom line:
Case is an absolute great buy. It works exceptionally well for the price; however, the price does come with a trade off. The pin that holds the belt clip on has fallen out on two occasions. Today it actually broke with minimal force applied to it. I'm hoping that I just received a defective case and that this isn't normal construction value.

At the price point, I'd say it's worth a buy; however, I'll probably try a different brand in the future.

Beeswax Organic Pastilles, Yellow, 100% Pure 16 Oz
Beeswax Organic Pastilles, Yellow, 100% Pure 16 Oz
Offered by XTREMEK
Price: $10.50
8 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, horrible smell., March 15, 2015
Smells horrible. Stale smoke odor. I thought maybe it would dissipate as I made some wood butter for kitchen utensils but now my entire house reeks and I have to throw everything out. This is the first thing I've purchased online that I've had to leave a bad review for. It's just awful.

Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine
Conair Sound Therapy Sound Machine
Price: $19.50
22 used & new from $16.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality sound but works great for the price!, February 12, 2015
Works great! Sounds do sound a little mechanical, but doesn't matter much. Volume is a little sensitive but again, once you get the hang of it it's no big deal at all.

Lifefactory 4-Ounce Glass Baby Bottle with Silicone Sleeve and Stage 1 Nipple, Yellow
Price: $12.71
20 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very durable, lasting bottles., February 12, 2015
Perfect size for my older baby to sip water from. I love how durable and clean these are. My son has thrown his and we have dropped it several times with no problems. I have no trouble believing these will last us for any future kids. Love that you can buy different lids- sippy and cap to grow with the child. Great product.

Inglesina Fast Dining Tray
Inglesina Fast Dining Tray
Price: $11.99
23 used & new from $5.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed design, basic function., February 12, 2015
I feel like this tray could have been better designed. For one- it doesn't fit right, it tilts up, which isn't that big of a problem but a little annoying. Also it curves in so there is a rather large gap for your baby to spill food into. If anything I would think it curved out to help hold food in. This tray is good to keep food out from under the handles of the high chair though, which is basically what we needed.

Charlie's Soap "Laundry Powder" 2.64 lbs (FFP)
Charlie's Soap "Laundry Powder" 2.64 lbs (FFP)
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing on stains., February 12, 2015
I cloth diaper my son. Before this I used original Tide powder and oxyclean. I used to have to soak stained diapers overnight in oxyclean before washing them. With this soap, I no longer need to soak. It gets stains out great! I did notice he started to have a tiny bit of a rash, but then I just added an extra rinse at the end and it solved that. This does say it's he, however it suds a lot. I have a small concern about that but so far no problems. I'm very impressed with how clean it gets his diapers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6