Profile for Stacey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stacey RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tarrago Self Shine Color Dye 25ml. Double #101 Magenta
Tarrago Self Shine Color Dye 25ml. Double #101 Magenta
Offered by Leather Care Supply
Price: $11.95
3 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 27, 2014
This dye worked so well. I used it on a pair of manmade black "leather" combat boots and after only two coats they were a bold magenta. Even after covering both boots twice, I had plenty of dye left to cover at least one more pair, maybe two. The dye has held up for two years now. I recently had to stop wearing my boots because the zipper broke, but I'm definitely going to get it replaced because I love the color so much. I got compliments on my boots every time I wore them.

Martha Stewart 32196 4-Ounce Magnetic Paint
Martha Stewart 32196 4-Ounce Magnetic Paint
Price: $6.38
15 used & new from $5.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, June 27, 2014
I tried painting four or five coats of this, and was still unable to get a basic magnet to stick - much less have it hold up anything.

Precision Data Products 100 Scantron 882-E Compatible Testing Forms, Pack of 50
Precision Data Products 100 Scantron 882-E Compatible Testing Forms, Pack of 50
Offered by Lowest Price Best quality
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, June 27, 2014
I bought these instead of the scantrons sold at my school's bookstore. I had a couple of teachers look at them twice, since they are a slightly different shade of green, but they all scanned just fine. It's also way more convenient to buy a back of 50 than to have to keep buying packs of 5 or 6.

25 Pack EZ-InjectTM Jello Shot Syringes (Medium 1.5oz)
25 Pack EZ-InjectTM Jello Shot Syringes (Medium 1.5oz)
Offered by Juvolicious
Price: $20.01
14 used & new from $10.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, June 27, 2014
These were so easy to use and everybody really liked them. I found them a lot easier than jello shot cups, because you can suck the jello straight out of the pot instead of having to pour it.

One thing to note - before serving, make sure you take off all the caps. I forgot to do that, and my friends lost a lot of them, making it hard to reuse the syringes.

SUCK UK 3D Dinosaur Cookie Cutters
SUCK UK 3D Dinosaur Cookie Cutters
Price: $10.52
14 used & new from $7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to use but not impossible, June 27, 2014
First, as other reviews have mentioned, you don't get to select the model that you get.

Secondly, I have only used these for sugar cookies (I'm not a fan of gingerbread). When choosing a recipe you have to make sure to find one that doesn't expand much; the slots don't give a lot of wiggle room. If you wait until the cookies are completely cooled, they are likely to break while you're assembling them...if you put them together while they're too warm they'll crumble. I've been able to successfully make one fully constructed dinosaur out of three batches of dough.

Fake Bake Original Lotion, 6 oz.
Fake Bake Original Lotion, 6 oz.
Offered by Pinnacle Supply
Price: $13.97
37 used & new from $11.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last long, June 27, 2014
I have a very hard time maintaining a tan, so I decided to try and use this. It applied evenly and easily and I could see visible results after the first use. I applied it three or four times in the days leading up to my birthday, but the only people who noticed were my two ex-boyfriends. Within a week after I stopped using it, my skin was back to its original pale color.

CellTo Google Nexus 5 Case [Mint/ Purple] Case Premium Wallet Case with Scree...
Offered by Cellto USA

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, June 27, 2014
This case is able to hold my two credit cards, ID, and some spare cash. At first it was a little hard to get the cards into the slots, but after a couple days that wasn't a problem anymore. The screen protector fits my phone, even though other reviews said it might not. I'm glad I have the cover on there, because the bottom card is starting to make a small mark on it from friction.

I was a little hesitant to get a wallet case because I thought it would be inconvenient to open every time I want to use my phone. I adjusted to it quickly and it doesn't seem to take much more effort. Having the cover on my phone makes it so I know which way is up and don't have to spent time flipping my phone over if I pick it up the wrong way. It's sometimes annoying if I want to quickly take a picture and forget that the cover it flipped over the back camera when it's open. This isn't a huge deal, though.

On the spine there is a small grommet where you can string a charm. I used it to attach my keys, though after a week or two the metal bit fell out - I stopped so that I won't rip the fabric, but I'll likely buy a replacement grommet because it was very convenient to have everything connected.

The stand doesn't work all that great, but if you put something behind it, it will stand up pretty well.

Some reviews mentioned that there are lines all over the case - they look like wood grain, and I think it adds a nice look, but I can see why some people might want a smooth finish.

Rock Your Hair Bombshell Big Hair Powder, 0.88 Oz
Rock Your Hair Bombshell Big Hair Powder, 0.88 Oz
Offered by Best-Beauty-Products
Price: $15.17
8 used & new from $13.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, June 27, 2014
I applied this to my roots and got some volume and texture, but it didn't last long. The product stayed in my hair after rinsing once. You can definitely tell that there's product in your hair when you run your fingers through it - it's tacky and catches on your fingers. It also seemed to make my hair smell worse...Normally I can go several days without needing to wash my hair, but I could only go two days after putting this in because it smelled sweaty and oily.

I might use this if I only have to look good for a couple hours and won't have anybody else touch my hair.

Depo 441-2038R-AS Volkswagen Golf/Jetta Passenger Side Replacement Fog Light Assembly
Offered by AutoHalo
Price: $37.78
5 used & new from $37.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed inspection, June 27, 2014
I bought this because my dealer said that the cracked lens on my fog lamp would prevent me from passing inspection, and they offered to replace it for about $200. I searched online and eventually found this light.

The installation was insanely easy - the instructions are listed in the owner's manual. You pop off the plastic in front, then use the screwdriver that comes with your car's toolkit to undo one screw. Then you unplug the lamp assembly, plug in the new one and screw it back in. The plastic front goes back on and you're done. All in all it took me five minutes to replace the whole thing.

When I compared this fog light to the one that was still in my car, this one seemed a little dimmer. I don't live in an area where I ever used fog lights (the first time I turned them on was to make sure I had installed this one correctly) so that doesn't matter to me. My car passed inspection and I saved $160.

Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids (Silver)
Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids (Silver)
6 used & new from $31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not True Silver, June 27, 2014
I applied the silver hair dye to bleached and toned hair that was completely white. Coming out of the tube, this dye is somewhere between purple and blue (more on the purple side). After letting it develop for the recommended 40 minutes I rinsed it out and my hair was Old Lady Blue. Towards my roots it's a little more silver, but overall it's definitely steel blue. The color is fine - I've received a lot of compliments on it - but it's not silver. After shampooing it on the second morning, the blue faded a little, but not significantly. I'm hoping that within a week or two it will be more silver.

This formula was also pretty difficult to work with. It was thicker than dyes that come in tubs and bottles (Manic Panic and other brands like that). Because of that, it was incredibly hard to get on my roots. I have very thin, short hair and have never had this problem before. Even after applying a second time with specific attention to my roots I have spots where it just wouldn't stick.

The tube doesn't have a lot of dye compared to products at similar price points. I've been able to dye my hair 4 times and have plenty leftover with other brands, but I think I'll only be able to get 1.5 uses out of this tube. I'm not sure if it would be able to cover a full application for shoulder-length hair.

***
Edit: I got pushed into an extra-chlorinated pool and that was enough to take all the blue out of my hair and left me with perfectly silver hair. Not the most controllable factor, but it worked out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3