Profile for Sheree Wu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sheree Wu "Co-Author of ANGELIC FORCE" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley)

Maxboost Ambrosia iPhone 5S Battery Case / iPhone 5 Battery Case [Matte Black / Black] - 2400mAh External Protective Battery Charger Case Extended Backup Power Pack Cover Case Fit with Any Version of Apple iPhone 5 5S (Apple MFI Certified, Lightning Connector Output, MicroUSB Cable Input)[100% Compatible with iPhone 5/5S on IOS7.0+]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek Design, Speedy Delivery & Excellent Quality, February 28, 2013
First, I am surprised at the speedy delivery of the product.

Second, the sleek design of the protective case makes me feel pampered. I ordered purple/white and the color is an understated beauty.

Last but not least, the batttery indeed fulfilled its promise.

Overall, I am satisfied with the purchase and I highly recommend the seller.

Skagen Women's 563XSBLW Studio Leather Watch
Skagen Women's 563XSBLW Studio Leather Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-Key Elegance, July 30, 2009
I have been looking for such a watch for a long time. This is something simple yet elegant. It says intelligent but not bookish.

Skagen Women's Studio Leather Watch #380SSLW
Skagen Women's Studio Leather Watch #380SSLW

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and Stylish, July 30, 2009
I love this watch. I have small wrists and the watch is light enough. Plus, I don't have to adjust the strap!

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
by Mitch Albom
Price: $8.44
1085 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Treasure, September 15, 2006
What are the things I have to do in this lifetime? Is there anything I don't do and I then will absolutely regret later? I believe everyone knows his or her own answer, which is hidden in the corner of his or her own mind or heart. We don't want to face, and we don't want to think.

Morrie's words sweep that corner for us, lead us to look at our lives from a new perspective, and help us bravely face that hidden mission of our own lives.

On the other hand, I do believe everyone comes to this earth to learn different tasks and to experience different episodes. Therefore, we all have our own needs to fulfill, and Morrie's needs are not necessarily other people's needs. As long as we learn to examine ourselves honestly after reading this book, then this book achieves its ultimate goal, which is inspiring.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven
The Five People You Meet In Heaven
by Mitch Albom
Price: $17.55
2979 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Imperfections Still Allow the Overall Simple Beauty to Shine, September 14, 2006
I was deeply touched by this simple yet delicately-woven story.

Mitch Albom writes well because he uses simple words to speak to general public's minds. He does not try to play the word game; rather, he worked hard not to use difficult words which he feels will block the story. Therefore, the story itself is a seamless flow and the reading process for readers is as smooth as the story itself.

Yet, the author throws in his observation or philosophy at readers at the right time. They all look effortless and yet are very powerful. For example, at the very beginning of the book, the author cleverly creates suspense by first describing what Eddie was doing and commenting, "Had he known his death was imminent, he might have gone somewhere else. Instead, he did what we all do. He went about his dull routine as if all the days in the world were still to come."

Even the Blue Man is able to say something very philosophical yet not absurd to his role: "People often belittle the place where they were born. But heaven can be found in the most unlikely corners."

And enlightening sentences like these uttered by the Captain surely makes the readers think: "Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning."

In addition, I almost applauded when I read these words stated from Ruby's mouth: "Things that happen before you are born still affect you. And people who come before your time affect you as well. We move through places every day that would never have been if not for those who came before us. Our workplaces, where we spend so much time--we often think they began with our arrival. That's not true."

Expressions like the fore-mentioned are numerous. I am enchanted by Mitch Albom's imagination and wisdom.

If there is any cliché, I feel that the author could have been put more efforts to depict the general father-and-son relationship. I can understand that Eddie was struggling with the relationship with is father. The author uses the Blue Man to strengthen this kind of impression and help the many readers who feel like to improve their relationships, and the Blue Man, therefore, would say something like "Fathers can ruin their sons, and I was, in a fashion, ruined after that." This obvious empathy is, in my opinion, a little too shallow.

Another too general statement is as follows: "All parents damage their children." Again, I can not understand why the author wants to play up the false statement. Even though it is written to serve as a contrast to what Eddie finally understand, it is still a quick sensational remark, which could have been rewritten in a more convincing tone.

After Life: Answers From the Other Side
After Life: Answers From the Other Side
by John Edward
359 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Growth for John & the Readers, August 28, 2006
After I recently read After Life, I am immensely moved by the last chapter Papa, Can You Hear Me?. It must have taken John a lot of courage to open up and tell a true story about himself and his father.

John frankly stated that it was hard to mend the relationship. For some people, they probably would cover things up and just colorfully paint the difficult relationship: After all, their fathers are dead, and nobody can refute with them. Instead, John chooses to honestly recount the relationship. The readers therefore can see his struggle as well as his father's.

Then we can also read John's interpretation of the good-bye from his father. We can understand that so far the way he handled the issue is the best he can do under his own frustration. He does not dwell on the past, and he does not dream about something useless.

Apparently becoming a father changed John's view on life, because in the book I see the humble wisdom replacing the young cockiness. In this book John grew into a humble father who had experienced the toughest struggle. Now he rises as a true phoenix after bravely consuming the old him. John displays real confidence thanks to the self-examination rather than naïve blindness.

I appreciate his growth.

George Anderson's Lessons from the Light: Extraordinary Messages of Comfort and Hope from the Other Side
by George Anderson
Price: $12.98
280 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Collaboration of Love, August 28, 2006
I love this book because it is a compilation of true stories from various families.

Mr. George Anderson displays his own preferences and style when communicating for the departed. He does not like the word "reading." Rather, he calls the communication "discernment." We can tell that he is very precise on his profession.

Mr. George Anderson also emphasizes that the most common manifestation besides the visitation in dream states is the smell. I found it fascinating because when I did research for the book I coauthored, Angelic Force, I also found the similar phenomena.

Mr. Angerson honestly talks about his view of reincarnation. It is quite enlightening to the readers because it is indeed his deep feelings after these years of working with the spirits. Take this amusing yet sincere pagragraph as an example:

"The thing that frightens bereaved people the most is the fear that their child, spouse or parent will reincarnate before they themselves get to the hereafter. This is not the case. Imagine arriving in the hereafter only to be told, 'Sorry, your wife just reincarnated five minutes ago.' While it sounds funny, it is a very real concern of the bereaved. The hereafter has told me with certainty that this does not happen. It takes eons, I have been told, for the souls to come to such a point of spiritual understanding that they decide to return to the earth and live through another set of spiritual lessons. Because we travel in these large 'families' to and from the earth, the souls that are in the hereafter will wait until everyone has returned before even considering the decision to return to the earth. It could also take a few lifetimes on earth for the process to happen. Also, the rush to leave the hereafter is not as great as it sounds. Many still remember fully well how difficult it was here and are not in a hurry to leave, unless returning to the earth would be the best way to experience a certain spiritual lesson. In any event, they promise us they will be there to greet us when it is our time to pass."

In my opinion, the sincerity of this book is the factor which moves readers tremendously.

Homedics Paraspa Select Heat Therapy
Homedics Paraspa Select Heat Therapy
Offered by Hoje61
Price: $99.98
2 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Pampering Experience, January 19, 2004
I was looking for a stylish yet practical Paraffin bath equipment. HoMedics Par-120 is it! It is wide enough to put my size-7 foot in (jusst made it) yet it is not too gigantic.
I have dry hands and flaky soles which really embarrassed me when going to yoga classes or acupuncture sessions. Now I feel that I do not have to feel uncomfortable to go to these activities. Besides, since I am a writer and I constantly use keyboard, the treatment relieves my wrist and finger tension tremendously.
The treatment is fairly clean and convenient. I had expected to be messy after the wax is removed. But to my surprise, it was easy to clean up.
The instructions said remove the cover for 15 minutes after the set-up time is reached. I found if you want to aim at the suggested temperature of 121 -131, you need to wait for the wax to cool down for at least 20 minutes in northern California during winter.