Profile for R. Dean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Dean RSS Feed (Cleveland, OH)

Timex Men's T54281 "Ironman Sleek" Sport Watch
Timex Men's T54281 "Ironman Sleek" Sport Watch
Price: $35.24
15 used & new from $31.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Low-quality construction detracts from appealing design, July 23, 2006
I bought one of these watches shortly after Timex introduced them. I was new to running at the time, and this was my first running watch. I chose this watch because I didn't need tons of bells and whistles, and the low profile of the watch appealed to me.

It worked great for about 10 months, and then one day it just...died. I think it was a winter day; I pressed one of the buttons before starting my run, and the display went blank. A new battery didn't help. It was still under warranty, so I shipped the watch (and a check for "shipping and handling") to Timex for warranty service. They replaced it with a new (or refurbished?) watch. After about 1 year, the exact same thing happened -- cold day, button pressed, dead watch.

Note that even though these watches carry a 1-year warranty, you still have to send Timex a check to get them serviced if they fail. This is spelled out in the very, very fine print of the owner's manual.