Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Joosby C. > Reviews

Browse

Joosby C.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 136

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joosby C. RSS Feed (scottsdale, az United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Bragi The Dash, App Enabled Headphones, Black (B1000-0001)
Bragi The Dash, App Enabled Headphones, Black (B1000-0001)
Offered by ETMIND
Price: $349.99
4 used & new from $299.00

4.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 6s Plus, impressed so far, positive experience, May 18, 2016
Mini review, positive experience

Mine work great, surprisingly so. Have been anticipating truly wireless buds for years but obviously the negativity out there has been scareing me off. I decided to just give a go in a situation I could always return if unsatisfied. I'm just not seeing the negative issues others are and I'd be the first one to admit if I was. Really leads me to believe these must really be at the mercy of your device.

I'm using on a iPhone 6s Plus and no dropouts here. Inside I get about 20 feet of range solidly. Outside they worked just fine in right pocket with no dropouts. The process of switching pockets gave a dropout but once in left pocket it seemed stable as well. This was streaming Apple Music. Haven't used internal player yet.

I was also concerned about audio quality but so far in my opinion, they sounded better then what I was fearing from some of the reviews. I've tried my fair share of in ear wireless sports sweat proof buds in my life and they sound as good as most of them. They get about as loud as my beats powerbeats 2 wireless. Latest jaybirds probably got a little louder but I just couldn't get a good seal on them or at least a seal that would stay. I do wish they had the ability to get ever so slightly louder but it's more then acceptable so far. The phones volume was independent of the dash so jacking up both independently got it louder then I was expecting. Quality wise not as good of a punch as the beats but it's not so wide a gap that it overcomes the fact the Bragi are wireless.

The audio transparency is a odd but cool feature, no issues on the touch and swipes. Will try swimming, my set came with leash included. Did not try the set or even connect it until I had updated the fw to current 1.4 level so I'm guessing I missed quite a bit of the issues to date. Against them, I will say the update procedure was extremely convoluted, especially the length of time it takes. That was way too long.

Did not try the sports features yet, use a Apple Watch for that but will try none the less. I'm totally at peace with 2.5-3 hours of use time for something with this type of form factor and tech. The inclusion of a charge case mitigates the lower time. End of the day, it's not so low that it crosses the line of being pointless to be truly wireless. Under 2 hours then I'd probably get it. SAMs club had another pair too that is wireless but the form factor was god awful bulky.

I will again reiterate, I do not discount the issues others are having. I truly believe that they are legit. Just saying, for me, on a iPhone 6s Plus, the bt signal has been strong enuf, the volume loud enuf, the features good enuf, the fit is sealed and not slipping out so far. These aren't going back. I'm not going to have to use a armband outdoors. Can't wait to try to swim with them. I would have quickly ripped these with the rest of you had it failed on me. But with my particular phone, the didn't fail, they exceeded expectations.

The Order: 1886 - PlayStation 4
The Order: 1886 - PlayStation 4
Offered by J&S GAMES
Price: $19.28
206 used & new from $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars negatives are there but you might like it anyway, February 24, 2015
As the title says, the negatives are there, 5 star reviews are ridiculous and shouldn't be taken seriously but I really wanted to see what the graphics were like and gave it a whirl. Surprisingly, I ended up enjoying my time with it and at the end of the day, it is what matters. As reported before, it's a cross between telltale and gears of war.

For the cons, it doesn't reinvent the wheel gameplay wise which wouldn't be too big a deal but for such a short game, it still manages to get monotonous. One of the cool things should have been the wolf battles yet you fight packs of them only 3 times and in all 3, the battle was almost exactly the same down to room and design. The end battle also was a straight regurgitation of a previous battle. While visually it looks great it doesn't wow and I attribute that mainly to the black bars. It's pretty obvious they are there to get the visuals to where they are at but to me, it was an awful lot of real estate to lose and hampered the visual effect for me. Part of visuals for me is scope, this doesn't give you that feeling of scope with the bars. It just feels constraining. I played on a 65inch tv.

Ultimately like it's been said before, the designers were so in love with their story, they sacrificed too much to tell it. Much has been said about the length but I didn't find it to feel too short mainly because for the time they had in the game, it wasn't used very well. Too many QuickTime events and story clips. It has 16 chapters yet chapter 11 is the last real gameplay chapter. 12-14 was mostly 25 minutes of story clips then the last two had a few sporadic fights and QuickTime events. They had the story but clearly struggled to make a game out of it. It was tell the story at all costs, those costs were gameplay, flow, length etc.

All of that said, I bought for 50$ used and traded back a day later, finished, for 30$ so for 20$, I felt like I had decent time with it. I felt I got value, something I would have never gotten at 60$ with no trade in. The story itself wasn't nearly as engrossing as the designers felt it was but it was told extremely well and it was fun for me over the course of a day experiencing it. My real rating would probably be 3.5 stars if that was possible. It's not the 1 star game you might see, not even close to being that bad but like I said before, 5 stars is ridiculous as well. For something that falls in the middle it really becomes a value based issue, if you can play it without being out 60$ total, you might surprisingly enjoy it. I to my surprise did.

Learning Resources Colored Safety Goggles (pack of 6)
Learning Resources Colored Safety Goggles (pack of 6)
Price: $18.74
28 used & new from $15.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, November 11, 2014
Fits the bill as being cheap goggles that will serve the purpose for elementary to junior high level chemistry. Gives the coverage to the sides of the face that teachers will ask for.

Salomon XR Mission CSWP J Hiking Shoe (Little Kid/Big Kid),Lake/Light Green-X/Flou Blue,5 M US Big Kid

4.0 out of 5 stars Son loved em, November 11, 2014
Wanted something durable and without laces and to that end its fit the bill. He goes thru laces superquick so got tired of going that route. If any complaint, not the easiest system to tuck away so they hang out and risk the same damage he does to the laces except with the caveat that if he does that to these, its not as easily replacable as the laces.

ChiChinLighting® 6 Pieces Pack LED Candelabra Bulb Daylight 6000k E12 Candelabra base led bulbs Dimmable 60 watt Replacement High quality LED Lights
Offered by ChiChinLighting-USA
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as bright as I had hoped but this is ..., November 11, 2014
Not as bright as I had hoped but this is a tough set of specs to currently fill right now out there as in being that color with that style of fitting while being moderately affordable.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen® [Thin Fit] Exact-Fit [Crystal Clear] Premium Clear Hard Slim Case for iPhone 6 Plus (2014) - Crystal Clear (SGP10885)

4.0 out of 5 stars Filled the need required of it, November 11, 2014
Was what I was looking for, a very minimalist case to prevent scratching on the back while being clear to show it off some. As with any clear case on the market, it will show wear and tear much much earlier then other cases out there. I think I would have also preferred it to completely come around the top and bottom instead of leaving those exposed but for the price its great value for those just strictly looking for what I outlined in my first sentence.

Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepad Made for Apple iPod, iPhone, and iPad  - Black
Price: $49.99
87 used & new from $38.85

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as you can currently get for ios, November 11, 2014
Best of the lot so far. It has the least amount of compatibility issues among bt controllers that have cropped up on ios 8 and 8.1. The build is very solid, feels good in the hands. On the negative end, not a fan of the detachable but not folding arm extension for holding the phones. You have to manually screw and unscrew when not using as opposed to the folding design of the moga rebel. Also, its not rechargeable, unlike the moga rebel. But as I mentioned before, it works and doesn't disconnect, again, unlike the mogal rebel.

as a note, I am using it on a iPhone 6+. if you use on a iPhone 6, the arm extension holder mechanism with block out the volume buttons on the phone when you center the phone onto the controller. Ways around it obviously but felt I should mention it.

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet (WiFi)
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet (WiFi)
53 used & new from $205.00

3.0 out of 5 stars From a IOS and former Shield Portable user's perspective, August 2, 2014
to cut to the chase, while a nice device, I think some of the reviews here are exaggerated a bit. I found in general the device to still be rough around the edges as far as bugs go and I found quite a bit of reviews ignore the shortcomings. Given my time with the 1st generation shield, I believe the experience will get better though, not sure anyone on android updates like Nvidia did with their device.

In comparison to the portable version before it, I found the tablet to have worse speakers. The portable really pounded out the noise, I thought it was better then the tablet, I actually thought it was disappointing sound given the talk about it. Games sounded decent, but music apps did not sound the same. I wasn't able to score a shield controller yet, but not having one connected to the device feels weird given it's a gaming device. Conversely, having the extra screen real estate was a huge upgrade. The display is definitely not up to snuf against the higher quality tablets but to be honest, the difference isn't very big. I wasn't able to score a shield controller, trying to play with a moga was a nightmare frankly, that's more moga's fault. the battery life is very, very bad. As I was setting up regular apps, I plugged it in and frankly the battery meter barely budged, under load the charge hardly if at all keeps up with the load being put on it. The proc and graphics hit on the battery is very massive. it hurts the device as a functional tablet. the moving apps to a sd card feature while nice in theory, is still full of bugs as well. I love making folders on the home screen for my apps yet any app upgrades to those apps on the home screens that have been moved to the sd card will result in that icon disappearing. That happens on the shield portable too. In general though at the end of the day, what the shield portable performs like today as compared to launch is night and day and I would expect the same from the tablet. Right now, it's mostly snappy but lags at the weirdest moments but over time I would hope that gets smoothed out.

From a ios user standpoint, the android tablet experience is better but there is definitely a refinement to the experience that's still missing. the biggest gain by going android is still the biggest negative as well too as the more you load your device with apps that use api's generally closed in ios, the bigger the hit you take in performance. It can still be a hard balance at times, after I had thrown quite a few apps on it, my tablet experience was hit and miss, had hitches, lags, just a general lack of smoothness. I loved jailbreaking my ios devices but I always inevitably went to stock os because the performance hit for all the tweaks just built up and killed the experience. For the tinkerer in me, android is my jailbreak, fun to play with for a few days but as I load it up, it just starts to run like crap. for other ios users, there are still apps to auto import and export calendar and contacts but nothing for bookmarks.

Gamestream and grid are the same experience, but again the bigger screen helps and hurts...nice to have the real estate but then again you see the flaws as well more prominently. End of the day, you are buying this for the same reasons people bought the portable version, for gaming. It's still a niche product, switching to the tablet format hasn't changed that because the form factor is bulkier then top end tablets and battery life is significantly underwhelming compared to the competition. Most tablets stink outside, this one is unusable outdoors. This version doesn't tangibly add much to the pc side experience and in some ways by need to have a external controller, it takes that experience backwards. this is fundamentally a android gaming upgrade by virtue of the graphics upgrade, all the while giving you a quality, albeit on a very short time frame, experience as a tablet. It's a better tablet then the portable by a country mile, battery issues included. It's debatable on if the graphics upgrade makes it a better android gaming device given the portable has a built in controller. It's the exact same pc streaming device. At a 100$ cheaper, the portable is a damn good value, bang for your buck in my opinion. That said, what this tablet is 6 months from now will probably widen that gap in the tablet's favor given NVidia's track record with support for the portable.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2014 9:50 PM PDT

Powerbeats 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphone - Black
Powerbeats 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphone - Black
Price: $138.77
35 used & new from $98.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the same Beats anymore, much better..., July 9, 2014
I think by now most logical people know that Beats has typically been a style over substance at a premium price company. Their last few devices starting with the Pill XL to the Studio Wireless to the Solo 2 and now the Powerbeats2 have significantly changed that approach with a much better emphasis on substance now. I have these 4 devices and could not be more pleased with them, I am glad to add the powerbeats2 to the collection.

At 200$ they are on the highest end of the sports Bluetooth spectrum but you do in fact get quite a rich and balanced sound for it with about as secure and light fit as I've seen in the category. I have frequently tried whatever this category offers up and have aggressively tried to replace my jaybird bluebud x's for which I personally struggle with to get a secure fit that stays once I get moving around at the gym. Sets like these are very fit dependent to operate well and fits are very subjective to each individual. For me, I didn't get the noise isolation of the bluebuds but then I didn't have to fiddle constantly to maintain the fit while at the gym like I do with the bluebuds as well. The Powerbeats2 sounded louder, fuller, more balanced while the bluebuds had much more emphasis at the lower frequencies. Both sound great though and have no other equal in this category. The audio differences while not negligible, are not day and night either. I thought more than the others, the powerbeats2 had a decent sound even when not securely fitted, sealed unlike my experience with the blueant pump hd.

I miss the complete seal, noise isolation I could get with the bluebud x's fitted with comply tips, but then the more balanced, fuller sound of the powerbeat2 while having a fit I am not constantly fiddling with have these as my Bluetooth exercise set to beat....Everyone will have different experiences with these sets as it's all about the fit. I have had better fits but I've never had a fit to where I don't have to fiddle with it again and again and I've never had a fit to where even if not completely sealed, the set still sounds very decent. The Powerbeats2 addressed these issues for me and after working with the bendable earhooks a bit, my seal has gotten much better as well. In time I will explore if I can get comply tips for these(the bluebud x ones are too big) and I believe it'll then become my perfect set.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2015 6:27 AM PST

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
Price: $24.05
138 used & new from $16.14

3.0 out of 5 stars functional but silly design, flawed, March 7, 2014
While they work as advertised, it just seems silly to have to buy this in the first place. When compared to the ps4 controller that had this functionality built in, its a tough pill to swallow to have to attach this eternal adapter that just bulks up your controller when it shouldn't. Tried it with the stereo headset from Microsoft and the polk 4shot(both of which I reviewed as well) and the quality was average I felt. When trying premium cans I had, the sound got better but not as good as those cans should sound leading me to wonder if the adapter itself was not delivering as good as sound as it could. I again, felt I got better sound thru the dual shock 4 with same headphones. I also got occasional static using the adapter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14