Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Literati > Reviews

Browse

Literati's Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Literati "Literati" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Offered by Sunrise Outlet
Price: $8.95
2 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Ties, July 30, 2014
Tie is as expected, though a bit shinier than the picture showed. But not a problem. Good quality, easy to zip!

Melissa & Doug Wooden Alphabet Magnets
Melissa & Doug Wooden Alphabet Magnets
Price: $11.46
180 used & new from $6.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely impressed, though useful!, March 31, 2014
Bought them for my 5 yr old to play with letter forms and words. The magnet is not too powerful and they tend to fall off the fridge when he is using them -- they are also very flat so they can sometimes be difficult for him to pick back up. I wasn't impressed with the letter shapes either. They are not standard uniform shapes throughout the alphabet. Some letters have large middle sections -- while others seem irregular and small. I am also not a fan of primary colors so I plan to spray paint the letters blue and gray to match my decor. Overall, for the money, I should really not complain, though I felt I should mention my honest opinion.

Vegetable Literacy: Cooking and Gardening with Twelve Families from the Edible Plant Kingdom, with over 300 Deliciously Simple Recipes
by Deborah Madison
Price: $24.84
94 used & new from $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Vegetable Illiteracy, August 23, 2013
With such a title I expected much more in the way the book was written. While I appreciate the information shared on each vegetable family and the recipes presented, I can hardly look past the poorly written rhetoric. The introduction alone has no fewer than three grammatical errors. The book is in serious need of an editor. Maybe the next edition will go through a review process prior to publication.

I also find it difficult to get too excited over recipes with no picture to accompany them. So many readers are visual and I believe cookbooks should try their very best to present each and every recipe with a photo. This cookbook has very few photos.

80-pack Velvet TouchHanger Clips in Black
80-pack Velvet TouchHanger Clips in Black
Offered by BisonOffice
Price: $40.66
7 used & new from $30.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Hanger Clips, August 23, 2013
Excited to finish my closet I ordered the clips merely to hang skirts. They are slightly chunky, awkward, and slip off the hanger easily. They feel delicate, as though they may break if used too often or forcefully. They also do not hold heavy items, nor can they hold multiple skirts as other clips may. They do leave a black velvet residue on lighter items, but it easily wipes clean. Overall, not entirely impressed. The slim-line hangers are far better than the clips that accompany them.

The World's Best Memoir Writing: The Literature of Life from St. Augustine to Gandhi, and from Pablo Picasso to Nelson Mandela
by Eve Claxton
36 used & new from $5.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Memoir, May 18, 2013
I teach memoir. I primarily used this text for writing examples. A few memoir excerpts were useful as prompts to get students to imitate/mimic the style or thought process. Unless I was writing/teaching memoir, I don't feel I would read this for pleasure. I would rather spend time reading the individual memoir in their entirety --- those I find most intriguing.

The Memoir Project: A Thoroughly Non-Standardized Text for Writing & Life
The Memoir Project: A Thoroughly Non-Standardized Text for Writing & Life
by Marion Roach
Price: $10.92
76 used & new from $2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Memoir, May 18, 2013
Useful for writing memoir. I teach memoir and found a few prompts I can share with my students, though I would not require this book for the course. Author has a very distinct voice and walks readers through her thought process, while reminding us that this has worked in her classes, teaching nearly 800 students. It is a very short book. Can be read in one day.

Fox Racing Rockstar Zoom Beanie Black One Size
Fox Racing Rockstar Zoom Beanie Black One Size

3.0 out of 5 stars Zoom, May 18, 2013
Beanie is good quality and color. It fits weird, however. It doesn't keep the nice slouch that is shown in the picture. Reminds me of a smurf hat. I guess you need a lot of hair to get it to stay. Anyway, like it.

AP Achiever Advanced Placement Exam Prep Guide: European History
AP Achiever Advanced Placement Exam Prep Guide: European History
by Chris Freiler
129 used & new from $4.08

4.0 out of 5 stars AP Euro, May 18, 2013
Chose this to accompany my son's high school AP Euro course. He said it was very useful and would have liked to have it on hand throughout the course (I purchased it one month prior to the exam). He took the test and claimed it was easy, though results aren't back. We will see. Textbook was a benefit, regardless.

Writing About Your Life: A Journey into the Past
Writing About Your Life: A Journey into the Past
by William Zinsser
Price: $12.06
130 used & new from $3.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Memoir, May 18, 2013
I teach memoir and am familiar with Zinsser's "On Writing Well" which includes a bit of memoir. I found this book vey familiar, as Zinsser's voice is so recognizable. There are a number of chapters that are an expansion of "On Writing Well" which is nice to see. There are no writing prompts or assignments, however. This book covers a few writers' decisions, techniques and mindset for memoir writing, with several examples from his own life experiences. It is his memoir, in essence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6