Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Robert S. > Reviews

Browse

Robert S.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert S. RSS Feed (Altoona, PA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Grace USA - Gun Care Steel Punch Set - PS7 - Gunsmithing - Steel Punches - 7 piece - Gunsmith Tools & Accessories
Price: $33.99
21 used & new from $33.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mushroomed the tip without leaving a mark on a new brass hammer, May 23, 2016
Reviews must be fake. Didn't put a mark in my new brass hammer yet somehow the tip on the largest punch mushroomed out. Didn't budge the pin and I wasn't trying hard. Worthless

Schecter 2848 4-String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Aged Natural Satin
Schecter 2848 4-String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Aged Natural Satin
Price: $669.00
4 used & new from $669.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother with this one., January 19, 2016
Length:: 0:17 Mins

It looks, in person, like an entirely different bass than the website pictures show (Amazon and others)... I mean it looks similar... but I swear I got a cheap Chinese knockoff the assembly was so bad. I wanted to like it, the sound was what I was after (and it took a tight setup just fine with no buzz), but it was painfully annoying to look at in person and made me sick to my stomach when I thought about how much I paid for it. Fit and finish were the worst I’ve seen in a bass, ever, bar none.

The J pickup was just flopping around in the body like someone forgot to put foam under it, a screw on the battery compartment and 3 screws on the front were annoyingly crown stripped during tightening (meaning that there were dangerously sharp edges…) The other screw on the battery compartment was sticking out like no one bothered to screw it in more than half way, yet the head was stripped sharp too..

On the front the gap between the control plate and the pickguard where the pickguard was cut out for the control plate was so wide and awkward looking that there is no way any time at all was spent trying to even get them close.

The finish was cracked on both sides of the neck pocket, there was a smudge of black paint on the top/back side of the neck. Oh.. the "Ebony Block Side Markers and Inlay" are just painted on. No inlays. That's a straight lie from Schecter right there.

The finish on the side of the neck toward the body had a crack forming in it that you could feel an edge. Given a week or two this probably would have started peeling or cracking off.

In total, it may not sound like much if this were across 4-5 basses, but all on one bass? I don’t see any longevity in the thing with it being assembled without so much as a single crap given. These are things that are unacceptable at this price point. If you think otherwise, you know nothing about basses above the $300 level or have been so lucky I probably wouldn't bother playing the lottery if I were you (all your luck is used up).

I could have easily fixed all but the neck being off center, but why should I have to tear apart and repair a ~new~ bass, even if the neck was on center? That's stuff you have to do to a $150 abused bass from a pawn shop, not a new one.

No joke, I have cheaper basses… one, a Squier less than half the price… that were better put together than the bass I received. An MSRP of $949 (on Schecter's site) $899 (on Amazon) is absurd, a retail price of >$500 is only slightly less so. It’s a true crime to be selling this Model-T Session bass at more than $200.

Garbage!

PS: I've been playing bass for 25 years, I've owned great expensive and cheap basses. This one is the worst. I've been doing setups for myself for 20 years, I have all the gauges and tools to do the job right. I left the plastic film on the hard plastic parts so any scratches on the pick guard and such are just on that film coating

Odyssey ARPVLP3 3 Space Fine Perforated Panel Rack Accessory
Odyssey ARPVLP3 3 Space Fine Perforated Panel Rack Accessory
Price: $17.92
4 used & new from $17.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as pictured, September 19, 2015
Just received mine and it is just similar to the one pictured. The folded back section is solid not perforated. Also the holes only cover about 75-80% of the panel, not nearly the whole thing as pictured.

10 Watt LED Waterpoof Outdoor Security Floodlight 50W Halogen Equivalent
10 Watt LED Waterpoof Outdoor Security Floodlight 50W Halogen Equivalent
Offered by westlakeusa
Price: $8.39
15 used & new from $5.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Not grounded at all!!!, May 1, 2015
Ordered 4. I had to return one because it was missing the gland connector (seals the wire to keep weather out). I opened the remaining 3 up to replace the 9" wire with something useable and found that none of the 3 I opened had the ground connected to anything.

I repeat: The ground wire (yel/grn) was just laying haplessly in the case connected to nothing! So don't trust this around water or any place that it (or the conductive thing you mounted it to) may get touched by human hands.

Verified that blue is marked live (on the converter's circuit board) and brown is marked neutral on the three units. Not that it really matters though because the lines go directly to a full wave bridge rectifier..

Cosmos ® 1 Pair Black Color Replacement Earpad Ear Pad Cushion for Sony MDR-7506 and MDR-V6 Headphones
Offered by kinmingzhu
Price: $6.92
20 used & new from $3.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, not even passable., April 1, 2015
You can almost say these fit on my Sony MDRV6's. They are much smaller than the original; changing these headphones from being almost over-ear to being definitely on-ear headphones. Bass response and comfort is reduced greatly now because of that and the thinner, stiffer padding making for a poor ear seal. Looser fitting on the headphones themselves than the original covers (they rotate freely even when installed properly). The only thing these have going for them is price.

That said I'll be continuing to order the Sony originals from now on and call this a lesson learned.

Sennheiser PC 350 Special Edition High Performance Gaming Headset (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $143.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A $120 headset should work every time and sound amazing for all kinds of uses. These are crap., March 20, 2015
DOA. Microphone would not work. I do know quite a bit about how to operate a microphone (not muted, etc), it is not my computer, preamp, or any other part, the problem is this headset. Several other microphones work quite well with my setup, from expensive condensers to the classic SM58, the mic in this headset was DOA. When I metered the microphone connector it is reading a complete short (0 ohms) on any combination of tip, ring, and sleeve (in both muted and unmuted boom positions) so there is definitely something wrong with quality control as this should have been picked up before it left the factory.

A $120 headset should work every time and sound amazing for all kinds of uses. These are crap. It is a true shame because I have a few Sennheiser microphones that are pretty good.

Took quite a bit of EQ, even through my Magni 2 headphone amplifier, to drive these things at anything close to acceptably flat. They are definitely tuned around the human voice only. The headphone side is only good for voice, everything else suffers badly. Only people who have no clue what good sounding headphones sound like will be fooled by these (or those embarrassed about spending $120 and getting a cheap piece of crap).

Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060021-WW
Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060021-WW
15 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Some questions answered, March 11, 2015
I had some pretty important questions about this item before I bought it and had trouble finding the answers. I'd like to start this review by going over them and what answers I found after open the box and getting hands-on with this cooler. I'll also upload a few images that explain a bit more than the pressers on the Amazon page. It installed fine in an Antec P-280 case, except the logo is upside-down if you want the wires facing away from your RAM and don't want clearance issues with the hose side of the radiator and the back of the case. So I have the radiator hoses on the right heading down and the pump/block I have the hoses to the left making the logos on both the radiator and pump upside-down (only way this was going to fit in this case). This isn't a problem with the unit per-se, so no stars can be deducted.

1. How long are the cables?
The Fan/Pump wires:
These head straight out of the "side" of the cooler on the side that has the two hoses. The 3-pin wire that goes to the motherboard is 11" long. The 4-pin wire that goes to the fans on the radiator are 12" long and it has two connectors, placed in-line, on the end. Neither of these seem to be socketed on the block side and are permanently attached. The fans themselves have an extra 12" of wire so there is ample wire there in total to do many things to hide them.

The USB:
The USB connection that is part of the "Corsair Link" feature is 27" from end to end, laid flat. I'd say it is a usable 24" given that you'll need a bend at the motherboard end. One end is a motherboard style header block, the other is a 90 degree USB mini. When the 90 degree USB mini end is plugged into the cooler the rest of the USB wire heads off in the same direction as the permanently attached wires for the fans and the motherboard fan header.

2. How heavy is this thing?
The radiator, with the fans installed is the weight of 2 hard drives. The pump/CPU block is the weight of 1 hard drive. Over all it is way lighter than it looks (which is a good thing).

3. What about the thermal paste?
The thermal paste seems roughly the same as the stuff that came on the stock Intel heatsink. The provided paste is applied already to the bottom of the block in a circle. It is fairly easy to scrape off with an old credit card. I will be using Arctic Silver 5 for my install. The finish on the bottom of the block is as good or better than the stock Intel cooler.

4. Now whats the word on the hoses?
They are fairly stiff with very little give on the radiator end. They rotate on the block end enough to permit installation, but I wouldn't test their rotational durability beyond that. They seem to be sized well in length for a radiator mounted on the top, but few if any cases are proportioned right to have this as a front-mount. They recommend mounting the fans in an intake configuration, but up top that doesn't make perfect sense. You'll be fighting convection that way and will require more airflow to keep the ambient temp in the case lower. More fans/airflow equals more noise. Intake configuration would give you a little more cooler air to work with, but I'm always on the side of getting heat out of a case as fast and efficient as possible.

5. Screws man, tell me about them screws!
The hardware provided is good. The radiator has threaded holes for mounting the radiator to the case and the fans to the radiator. Just be sure to not cross thread these as the radiator seems to be entirely aluminum and the thickness of the threaded holes is only 2-3mm and could easily be stripped by a strong hand on a screw driver or a cross threaded screw. The block attachment thumb screws are a "black chrome" finish and are quite easy to get started and feel very sturdy when in place.

6. This has to be loud.
Yes you can hear it running no problem. The pump has a distinct noise to it that can be heard over the rest of the fans I have. My case is 3-4 feet away right now and I can definitely tell it is running (lowest pump speed right now, but no difference at top speed). Before I could barely tell it was running. The only way I would describe this as whisper quiet is if I had a few 120mm fans running above 1500rpm. I expected this and it doesn't matter to me as this is in my gaming rig and I'll be wearing a headset. If you are thinking about using this in a Home Theater or entertainment PC in that realm, skip it. This will bug you.

After thinking about how Corsair has built this for a little bit there are a few "improvements" that I'd make if I was on Corsair's engineering dept.

1. I would have run the cabling for the radiator fans and the USB port under sleeves on the hoses and brought them out at the radiator. This would allow for alternate power sources (e.g. SATA connector) as I'm not a fan of driving two fans and a pump from one motherboard header. The system doesn't appear to be user-serviceable anyway so having the hoses and wires sleeved together isn't going to harm that. It would just make the entire package seem a little more "high end" (it already feels high-end, but this would "extend" this feeling).

2. If #1 was not an option I would have at least socketed the remaining wires on the block side.

3. I would have included two pump top plates with each having the logo flipped from each other. Or I would have designed it with a symmetrical logo plate that could be reverse by the user (on both the radiator and pump).
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2016 6:05 AM PDT

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
Offered by Firemall LLC
Price: $219.99
49 used & new from $219.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, the 5-star reviews are wrong., March 4, 2015
I bought these to replace a set of Sony MDRV6 headphones as my "kick around" set of headphones since my current Sony's are almost falling part after many many years of rough treatment. I thought it'd be a nice upgrade.

These are quite possibly the worst headphones I ever heard. 15-28000hz? I'd believe 20-10000hz. There are no highs above 10khz when I listened to these headphones with music I've been listening to for years. I did a sine wave test and there was no sound above 10khz (not my ears either since I can put on any other set of my good headphones and easily hear to 19khz). These are going back and I'm getting another set of Sony MDRV6 headphones since I know they will do above 10khz.

These color the sound so much that 18db of boost above 8khz did almost nothing to resolve the muffled sound. A good set of headphones will not do this. You want things like this to give you as close to "flat response" as possible. If it "colors" the sound it is junk. The sound stage was nonexistent; there was good separation, but zero depth to any music I listened to.

If someone had done a blind test of these on me and asked what I thought they paid, I'd have to say $5 or $10. They look great, but headphones should sound good first.

So sad that a $90 set of headphones pull the pants down on the M50x's and spanks them all day long.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2016 4:57 PM PST

EZM Deluxe Triple Monitor Mount Stand Free Standing Supports up to 3 28" (002-0020)
Offered by EasyMountLCD
Price: $350.00
4 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to assemble and very strong., April 22, 2014
Using it with 3 24" Dell U2412M monitors. All three fit well with ~plenty~ of space off both ends (over 7" of room left on each side bar). I have no doubt this could fit 3 28" monitors. This is a heavy beast of a stand when assembled with monitors so plan accordingly. I had mounted all three monitors on the stand while it was still on the floor and it was too heavy and awkward to get into position. Luckily the mounts for each monitor are quick and easy enough to allow adding the monitors after the base is in position, even with the limited space I had. The bottom plate is a solid piece of 5/16" steel that weighs a good bit more than it looks.

Bottom line: I won't ever need another triple stand.

Cocoweb Smart TT-DL01 (Piano Black) Versatile Dimmable Natural Light LED Desk Lamp (4 Lighting Modes- Reading, Studying, Relaxation & Bedtime, 5- Level Brightness Control for each mode, Touch Sensitive Control Panel, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/1A USB Charging Port)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as bright as I had hoped, can't get the right color light., April 22, 2014
The lamps use as a piano light might be ok, but I was hoping that this light would be a little brighter because I am using it as a desk lamp. Its about equal to a 25W incandescent bulb, maybe even a little dimmer than that. At the lamps lowest setting it is about equal to a 4W nightlight bulb.

The 4 settings of light color mixing are either way too cool or way to warm. I could probably find the perfect mix if I could adjust each warmth independently but you get 4 choices. Really cool (study), cool (reading), warm (relax) and really warm (sleep). If I could rename them they would be (in order as before): Cheap 80's office fluorescent tube (study), Cheap CFL (reading), Incandescent bulb with dimmer set to 50% (relax), and Orange (sleep).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7