Profile for Avatar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Avatar RSS Feed (San Francisco)

Page: 1 | 2
Sharp PN-K321 32" Edge LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms
Sharp PN-K321 32" Edge LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms
Offered by Galactics
Price: $2,535.31
23 used & new from $2,522.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for almost two hours, then died., June 20, 2014
I need an ultra-high res monitor that can rotate to vertical (portrait) so decided to try this one because Apple sells it for use with my new MacPro. Got it up and running horizontally (landscape) and used it for about two hours over a couple of days. Then decided to try it in portrait orientation as this is how I plan to use it most often. Set the screen on my Mac to 90 degrees then, carefully, smoothly, with no bumps or jarring, turned the monitor 90 degrees. Within five seconds the screen went blank and the green "power" light went out. I could not revive the monitor no matter what I tried (or Sharp tech support suggested). I did not have the monitor in an enclosure, just on top of a desk, so no chance there was overheating from poor airflow. The power cord was plugged into a high quality surge protector. There is a slight hum when the monitor power switch is on, so I know power is getting to the monitor. I am exchanging it for the same model in the hope it was just a bad unit, but if the next one gives me a problem I will give up on it. I'm down for two weeks due to having to send this one back and wait for a replacement unit to be sent! I also hate that the stand only allows horizontal OR vertical mounting. The stand should be designed to allow users to rotate it 90 degrees as needed — not either/or. Also note that Apple told me I will not be able to use the monitor in its highest resolution until Yosemite is released "sometime" this Fall (wish I had known that prior to purchasing). Sharp sells a very similar model with touch screen that would require the unit to be handled much more roughly so one would think it should be more robust than this.

Wilton Armetale Scallop Shell 6-Inch Square Napkin Holder with Weight
Wilton Armetale Scallop Shell 6-Inch Square Napkin Holder with Weight

1.0 out of 5 stars Missleading size, July 2, 2012
I purchased this item because it said it was 6 inches square. I measured a standard napkin - 6". So I expected the product to be built to hold standard napkins. When it arrived I realized the dimensions relate (though are not accurate) to the outer dimensions. Standard napkins DO NOT fit in this item. Might be okay for cocktail napkins, but description should specify.

Apple iPod touch 32 GB (1st Generation)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod touch 32 GB (1st Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
8 used & new from $54.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Very intuitive to use, September 14, 2008
Excellent product. Works as advertised. Was better than I thought it would be. Just kind of expensive and a bummer that a new improved model came out just a month after I purchased it.

Speck ArmorSkin Case for iPod touch 1G (Black)
Speck ArmorSkin Case for iPod touch 1G (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Skin good, face protection horible, September 14, 2008
The skin itself works well and is reasonably easy to take off and put on. It came with a flimsy piece of plastic that was supposed to work as a protector for the face of the iPod. It did not stay in place and was worthless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic sailing knowledge, September 14, 2008
Though this is geared toward introducing kids how to sail it was just as informative for me as a "grown-up" newbie sailor. Good for parents who want to learn to sail along with their children. It was just what I expected it to be, arrived on time and in good condition, so five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good clock, September 14, 2008
Easy to set up. Works well. Keeps good time. Hasn't broken yet. Cheaply made, but looks okay.

Asian Furniture & Decor - 32" Japanese Secret Drawer Scholars Chest Tansu Cabinet #VC364

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, functional, September 14, 2008
I've seen much better made furniture and also furniture made much worse. This is "mid level quality". Looks nice. Came well packaged. No damage at all. No assembly required. Arrived on time. I appreciated that the back was wood with the same finish as the rest of the piece. I'm reasonably happy with the product though I was hoping for higher quality for the price.

l'Inexplicable
l'Inexplicable

5.0 out of 5 stars Why one star just because she has the same name as someone else?, January 28, 2008
This review is from: l'Inexplicable (Audio CD)
I first learned of THIS Aimee Allen after hearing the very last song at the end of the title credits on the remake of the movie "Hairspray" where she sang "Cooties". I thought it was a great song so I looked her up and found a couple of albums by her. I love her soulful, southing voice and arrangements. I purchased two albums on iTunes and wanted to send the CD of "l'Inexplicable" as a gift to someone else who would appreciate it. I would have probably given her four stars (four and a half?) because I think her voice could be stronger, but I was mad at the only other reviewer who gave her one star with no criticism other than she has the same name as another musical artist.l'Inexplicable
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2011 7:43 AM PST

Salton RA3A 3-Cup Rice Cooker
Salton RA3A 3-Cup Rice Cooker
3 used & new from $35.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior product, June 29, 2007
Worked fine for one year, then just stopped in the middle of cooking rice for no apparant reason and with no warning signs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shirt. Very large., January 4, 2007
This is a well made shirt. Graphics are great. One-Size-Fits-All is equal to an extra large. I bought this for my 12-year-old son but it was much too large. No other sizes were offered. Would have liked a smaller size.

Page: 1 | 2