Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for John C. Moran > Reviews

Browse

John C. Moran's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John C. Moran RSS Feed (West Palm Beach, FL)

Rotisserie Grilling: 50 Recipes For Your Grill's Rotisserie (How To Rotisserie Grill)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Addition to My Grilling Library, May 9, 2012
I've been following Mike's blog for a while now and have been eagerly awaiting the publication of this cookbook. I agree with Mike's early statement in the book that there is a gap in the literature when it comes to rotisserie grilling. This book is a welcome addition as it focuses solely on spit-fire technique. The recipes are easy to follow, with lots of photos. I was particularly interested to read about the benefits of wet brining and dry brining, which Mike is a fan of. Could Mike Vrobel be the next Jamie Purviance or Steven Raichlen? I say yes. He's definitely a rotisserie guru.

Faith Beyond The Trials
Faith Beyond The Trials
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Debut Novel, June 1, 2011
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are interesting and the legal scenes are spot on. John and Anna Taylor have everything going for them, but all it takes is a momentary lapse of judgment to turn their lives upside down and inside out. The resulting journey these characters embark upon is frightening, cautionary, insightful, and inspirational. Although this book is told from a Christian perspective, it is honest and doesn't seem preachy. This is an impressive debut novel.

Chalk
Chalk
by Bill Thomson
Price: $7.99
59 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old loves it., August 14, 2010
This review is from: Chalk (Hardcover)
My 3 year old son loves this book. The illustrations are stunning. The book is action-packed without a single word. The fact that my son can help tell the story really makes it special. It's like "Goodnight Gorilla" in 2010. I rarely write reviews, but I think this book is great. We will definitely check out everything else by Bill Thompson.

Midnight Rambler: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Carpenter series Book 1)
Midnight Rambler: A Novel of Suspense (Jack Carpenter series Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fast-paced, stay-up-late page-turner, May 8, 2010
I've enjoyed Swain's Tony Valentine novels and recently learned of his more recent character, Jack Carpenter. I'm glad I did. This book is fast-paced and was difficult to put down. I tore through it. It's a hard-hitting suspense novel with creative twists that keep it fresh. I'm from South Florida, and Swain (also a Floridian) does a great job capturing the seedy side of paradise. The scene in Disney World is spot-on.

I read this just after finishing Stephen King's "Under the Dome." I'm a big King fan, but I didn't love "Under the Dome." It just took too long for something big to happen. "Midnight Ramber" was the opposite. It seems like something big happens on every page. Highly recommended.