Profile for BubbeAlison > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BubbeAlison RSS Feed

Tympanum
Tympanum
Price: $20.23
14 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Live music at its finest..., March 9, 2014
This review is from: Tympanum (Audio CD)
Two extraordinary musicians get together in a gem of a recital hall in upstate New York and bring to bear the wealth of their experiences in a series of improvised musical conversations with great tenderness. A fantastic CD to take the chill out of our harsh winter and remind us of the joys of being human.

Sony HDR-CX220 HD Handycam Camcorder with 27X Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD in Red + Sony 32GB SDHC + Wasabi NP-FV70 Battery + Micro HDMI Cable + Carrying Case + Accessory Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars a great little first video cam, October 13, 2013
My mother gave me a couple of hundred dollars for my birthday. i then shopped for a camera with which I could record her telling her life stories (so sorry I didn't do it with my father). As I started to shop and see how expensive videocams were, I started getting nervous, until I came upon this little gem. Just the right price, fits in you hand, shoots photos and video. Its original battery is meager, lasts about an hour; the battery that came with the package I bought lasts most of four hours. Very happy.

WD My Passport Studio 2TB Mac Portable External Hard Drive Storage FireWire
WD My Passport Studio 2TB Mac Portable External Hard Drive Storage FireWire
Offered by DatabugLLC
Price: $213.00
5 used & new from $198.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love small and simple things., October 13, 2013
I bought this to replace two aging Iomega drives. I just plugged this in and it was easy to transfer everything, no problems, and smaller than my other drives. So far, so good!

Hohner Performer 37 Key Melodica - Black
Hohner Performer 37 Key Melodica - Black
Price: $56.30
15 used & new from $56.30

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, October 13, 2013
My first performing melodica was the Hammond 44, a Cadillac among these instruments, so I was spoiled. When I could no longer tune a particular note on it, I needed a performance replacement for not a lot of money, and so I gave this a try. The most important thing for me was to have a tuned instrument, and upon receipt, this was (at442, like most melodicas). Its 37-key range is not as large as the 44-key Hammond, but the F3-F6 range is as close as one can get. Like all other melodicas now since the Hammond has been discontinued, there is no pickup. I am truly missing that; I am now shopping for a pickup, because playing into a mic is not the same. I appreciated not having much trouble adjusting to the size and feel of the keys, though It does feel more like a plastic toy. Performing with it has been a little frustrating sometimes when I am playing a line and more than an occasional note does not sound because I am blowing too hard - it happens more with this than it did with the Hammond; I am trying to accommodate my breath accordingly. The tone is brighter, not quite as warm as the Hammond; I am the only one noticing that among the folks I perform with. I have not yet tried to open this instrument to check out the innards. The spit valve is not quite at the end of the instrument; I do not seem to be eliminating as much moisture as I did with the Hammond, not sure what this is about yet. Overall, this instrument is doing the job I needed as a performing instrument, for a very reasonable price. But I am aiming to get a MyLodica next...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 11:14 AM PST

Zoom H2 Handy Portable Stereo Recorder
Zoom H2 Handy Portable Stereo Recorder
8 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recording device for the price, April 5, 2008
I have been using this to record my trio gig in a restaurant and it has performed quite well. I LOVE that I can never rerecord over a recording (automatic saving). Downloading to my computer has been a little disconcerting - it is quite slow - but overall I highly recommend this product.

Jazz on a Summer's Day
Jazz on a Summer's Day
DVD ~ Mahalia Jackson
Price: $29.95
5 used & new from $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous bit of jazz history, January 4, 2007
This review is from: Jazz on a Summer's Day (DVD)
We got this after seeing the Anita O'Day clips on YouTube. We think she certainly was one of the stars of this event, but the entire documentary is delightful and inspiring, both for the music recorded and the recorded moments of the jazz audience in 1958. Worth owning!

Belkin FireWire 6-Port Hub
Belkin FireWire 6-Port Hub
Offered by Eonline
Price: $169.99
5 used & new from $89.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Careful what you wish for, January 8, 2006
I bought both the 7-port USB hub and the 6-port Firewire hub to work with my iBook. Needed more ports. No problem with the USB hub. I attached the Firewire hub, then attached my new Iomega external hard drive, and had a near-disaster which took me a full day to recover from. Turns out my new hard drive is not supposed to be plugged into a hub. No warning from Belkin about that possibility, and a warning from Iomega deep in the CD that came with the drive. So, MAKE SURE YOUR COMPONENTS ARE HUB-COMPATIBLE. That's the little lesson I learned.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2010 12:36 PM PDT