Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for S.Sollers > Reviews

Browse

S.Sollers' Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S.Sollers "S.Sollers the bookworm" RSS Feed (New York, USA)

The Ivy
The Ivy
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The "It" Series of the Year!!!, October 22, 2010
This review is from: The Ivy (Kindle Edition)
I initially hesitated The Ivy, because I've read some conflicting reviews online. After reading it, all I can say is that, the people who didn't enjoy The Ivy don't know what they were talking about. This was a fast, fun, funny and a very interesting read. Sure not everything that goes in the book (the drama, ALL the cute boys and the gossip) might not be realistic, but it is FICTION people! Everything else about the book felt real, including the insider details about Harvard and the characters it presented.
I'm sure all of us have felt insecure about our standing in a new environment at one time or another. What Callie goes through once she arrives at Harvard is very relatable. She is confused and messes up, but tries her best to fix her mistakes. The side characters are HILARIOUS and they play an integral role in pushing the story forward and this wouldn't be a fair enough review if I didn't say anything about Callie's romantic interests. Wow! Who knew Harvard was full of such hotties ' I absolutely couldn't decide if I was team Clint or team Gregory. Both were perfect in their own ways and I also really really liked Matt in a best-friendy way.
I honestly loved The Ivy. It was the best distraction ever; it made me want to go to Harvard and actually know these people! I absolutely cannot wait for the second book and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this series was picked up for a TV show or something.

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games)
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $8.94
1958 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow Start, but Stick Through It, October 21, 2010
The beginning of Suzanne Collins' second book in the Hunger Game trilogy was slower than I expected and definitely slower in comparison to the first installment in the series. Nevertheless, the action quickly picked up as our beloved characters were once back thrown back into the Hunger Games. Even though I wanted to shake up Katniss and wished her to make up her mind about her feelings and her future often times, the author did a fantastic job building up the characters, emotions and their relationships even further.
This was a very satisfying read and I absolutely CAN'T wait to get my hands on the last book of the series.
These books have definitely been one of the best I've read for a while.

The Hunger Games (Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Book 1)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $6.70
2472 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST current YA reads, October 19, 2010
This was just spectacular. I'm speechless...
Brutal, raw, emotional. The world Suzanne Collins created is so magically scary that I couldn't put down the book as I was more and more involved in the story and enchanted by the beautiful writing. The characters are developed to the full; the scenes are described magnificently. I felt I was in that arena, watching the fightings, the killings and all the drama.
How on earth does someone come up with such an idea for a book I don't know, but God Bless.
I was fortunate enough to start reading the book when the following two installments were already out, because otherwise I don't know how I would have waited.

Firelight
Firelight
by Sophie Jordan
Price: $14.23
140 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Grasping Story, but Has Been Done Before, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Firelight (Hardcover)
I knew going into this book that I'd really enjoy it. Hey, I'm one of those obsessive-compulsive people who devoured the Twilight series in one sitting. My soft spot isn't the paranormal action per say, but the unattainable love not in between 2, but 3 people.
In fact, I wasn't very keen on the draki/dragon history of the novel. I absolutely cannot understand (and Jordan's description didn't really help) how a dragon can be "oh-so-beautiful", but I'll let it slip. I'll also oversee how two very young people can be so in love at first sight. There was no build-up to that. The two kids see each other in a cave, and BOOM!

BUT just leaving all these unrealistic aspects aside, the book is VERY VERY entertaining and you will not help but pine over two dangerously handsome boys who are both vying for Jacinda's attention.
I think this is a very Twilight novel, but it is a good one and it will continue to do well.

I recommend it whole-heartedly to all paranormal and brooding paranormal love-triangle fans!