Profile for mac > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mac RSS Feed (Indiana USA)

New Balance Men's MT910 Trail Running Shoe
New Balance Men's MT910 Trail Running Shoe

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Shoe, April 14, 2012
This is the worst shoe I've ever worn. I've been buying nothing but New Balance for a little over 10 years and these almost soured me on the whole brand. They killed my feet for the first two weeks like nothing else I've ever experienced. I have never had to "break in" a new pair of New Balance shoes before but I just figured these were a bit different and let it go. Not only did they hurt my feet but they made the weirdest squeak noise every time I took a step. The pain finally subsided after the first month but the squeak endured for many more. Now I've had these shoes for roughly a year and they are falling apart. Where the fabric meets the shoe cap on both shoes and on both sides it has almost completely ripped away. The top half has also started to separate from the bottom half. The mesh covering the outside of the shoe has also ripped and frayed away. I work in retail and was looking for a comfortable and versatile shoe that I would be walking in a lot. I've always bought trail runners but this is the first pair I've ever had any of these problems with. I still have a pair of 810's that I've had for half a decade that I still wear on occasion and they fit and feel comfortable. After only a year of wearing these my feet feel like I've been walking on spiked lead all day. Do yourself a favor and buy any other New Balance shoe.

Hamilton Beach 47454 BrewStation Deluxe 12-Cup Coffeemaker
Hamilton Beach 47454 BrewStation Deluxe 12-Cup Coffeemaker

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, September 10, 2011
I will start this off by saying I am in no way a coffee afficianado or snob. I enjoy one or two cups of regular old pre-ground Folgers or Dunkin Donuts coffee with some generic Walgreens french vanilla creamer in the morning. I dont own a coffee grinder or french press and most of my coffee mugs are standard 8-12oz white ceramic with lots of chips. I received this coffee maker as a gift a little over 2 years ago. It was one of the best coffee makers I've ever owned. I really liked the fact that there was an internal carafe and I didn't have to pour the coffee. The internal warming plate also ensured my coffee never had the burnt flavor even after sitting warm for 4 hours. I always used a paper filter inside of the gold tone filter because the grounds always slipped through and cleaning without the paper filter was a mess. The problem I had with this device was the same as a lot of the other reviews, the dispensing flapper. One morning I went for a second cup and noticed the coffee maker was surrounded by a moat of coffee. Upon further inspection I saw that every time I pressed the button to open the valve to dispense the coffee, the plug didn't seal properly thus releasing a tiny, but steady, stream of coffee. When I contacted Hamilton Beach they didn't have any problem with the fact that I'd received it as a gift because they had a standard procedure for when this happened. You had to fill out a form and then (at your own expense) ship the holding tank back to them along with enough money to pay for a new tank and shipping back to yourself. I won't say exactly how much it would've ended up costing me but I can tell you it was more than the total price of the Cuisinart DCC-1200 I bought to replace it. Overall it produced a good cup of coffee but I like drinking said coffee from a mug and not from my kitchen counter top. This device will make me reconsider all of my future Hamilton Beach purchases.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2012 8:06 PM PST

CST 6817 Fuel Cap Boxed
CST 6817 Fuel Cap Boxed
Price: $10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, its a gas cap, July 10, 2010
This review is from: CST 6817 Fuel Cap Boxed (Misc.)
Arrived and fit exactly as stated. Description says its an OEM product, however mine arrived sealed in a nice box as opposed to just wrapped in bubble wrap.

SanDisk Cruzer Micro 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-016G-A11
SanDisk Cruzer Micro 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-016G-A11

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, June 29, 2010
Well all the other reviews are correct, this thing certainly won't be winning any speed contests. I average about 4.71MB/second. My Sandisk 4&8gb easily cleared 14MB/second. I was also pleased that it didn't come preloaded with any U3 software at all. Excellent.

Umbra Magnetter Wall-Mount Organizer, Natural
Umbra Magnetter Wall-Mount Organizer, Natural

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, June 22, 2010
The holder itself is a great product. Its able to hold multiple Netflix envelopes as well as my 2nd gen Kindle all at the same time. I didn't have to change my keyring to one of the three included for the magnets to hold my keys but they are nice extras to have. It holds my dozen keys and car fob without any problem. The only reason I gave this product 4 instead of 5 stars is because of the wall anchors. They aren't worth the packaging they're shipped in. They are made of some super cheap plastic and the first one I pushed into the hole I drilled bent in half when it met any resistance. Just as bad though, they don't have a lip so when you're putting the screw into the anchor if you push too hard the anchor just pushes right into the wall. I appreciate that they send mounting hardware with it but save yourself some trouble and a headache by stopping by your local hardware store and pick up a pack of sturdy wall anchors with a lip for a buck or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, May 7, 2010
I put this on everything from tacos to eggs in the morning. Its the most delicious seasoning in the entire world.

Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) Black
Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Ok, May 7, 2010
I got this about two years ago when I first ordered the Kindle. It is extremely easy to use and is more than bright enough to allow you to read books or your Kindle anywhere. The only problem I have is with the construction of the neck. After two years it can barely hold up the head. It seems like most of the time I have to clip the light somewhere behind me or somewhere above me and completely straighten the neck out otherwise it will will just slowly fall. I guess after two years of on and off use I shouldn't be too surprised but just keep that in mind before you purchase this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 9, 2008
This product is a wise investment for anyone with a fair amount of hardwood/tile/laminate cleaning to be done. I use this thing every weekend to clean my kitchen and bathroom. The only thing you have to make sure to do before you use this is to sweep very well through that area. I can fill the water reservoir and its almost exactly enough to clean my kitchen, bathroom and front door entrance. The only thing I wish it had was some sort of light or sound to let you know its hot enough to use. You turn the switch to "On" and then you just have to stand there until it starts steaming which can get a bit annoying. But overall its a great product with very sturdy construction and I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 23, 2007
Very nice product, it was a bit smaller than I expected but I should've just checked the product details. It seems quite durable, its fallen off the front of the dishwasher a few times (our fault, not the magnets) and it doesn't have a scratch on it.

Philips Norelco 7735X Cool Skin Lotion Dispensing Shaver
Philips Norelco 7735X Cool Skin Lotion Dispensing Shaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, October 23, 2007
I used this razor for about 9 months and it gave me the worst shave of my life. I don't have a heavy beard by any means, and yet this thing still managed to yank out every hair on my neck, one by one it seemed. The only thing consistent about this razor was the razor burn it gave me every single day. The lotion dispenser is difficult to press while shaving and you need multiple presses for the entire shave. Not to mention the refills are quite expensive for something that is basically just lotion. Using this in the shower only made the shave worse as the hairs on my face swelled and were harder to cut by this already useless product. I only continued to use this because I don't have enough time before work to wet shave and I didn't have the money for anything else. The battery finally just stopped holding a charge after 9 months and I was so happy to be rid of it. I bought a Braun Pocket Go Braun 370- Pocket Go battery operated electric shaver. and was so happy with it that when I had the means I went ahead and bought Brauns top of the line 9595 Pulsonic Braun Pulsonic System 9595CC with LCD Screen and it provides me with the best shave I've ever had. I'll never waste my money on another rotary shaver, especially not one from Norelco.