Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Girlfriend Recommends > Reviews

Browse

Girlfriend Recom...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 506

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Girlfriend Recommends "Leslie Dana Kirby" RSS Feed (Goodyear, Arizona United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Crystal Allies Gallery: Pair of Small 1lb - 3lbs Polished Agate Geode Halves Bookends w/ Authentic Crystal Allies Stone Card (Blue)
Offered by NEW SILK ROAD
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bookends, October 9, 2015
This beautiful pair of geodes make the perfect set of bookends.

BOON Fluffy Knitted Woven Throw Couch Cover Sofa Blanket, 50" x 60", Harbor Grey
Price: $42.15
2 used & new from $32.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, October 9, 2015
I loved the look of this blanket online, which was exactly the color that I was looking for. Or so I thought. The real blanket is a much brighter hue than depicted in the picture. Overall, we are quite disappointed with this blanket. It is scratchy and has a terrible smell resembling gasoline. Because of those factors, we never actually use it. I suppose it looks somewhat nice draped over our couch, but I can't recommend it.

Bose SoundTrue Headphones Inline Mic/Remote Cable, Mint
Bose SoundTrue Headphones Inline Mic/Remote Cable, Mint
Offered by Front Row Electronics
Price: $34.95
2 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to replace, but costly., October 9, 2015
My daughter loves her Bose headphones. In the year that she has had them, we have had to replace the cord twice. The first time was because her cat chewed the cord so Bose can hardly be held responsible for that. The second time I am not so sure what happened; it very well could have been the cat again. That silly cat really likes chewing on cords. In any case, I certainly am grateful that we have been able to replace the matching cord instead of needing to replace the entire headphones. On the other hand, it would be nice if they were a bit more reasonably priced.

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
by Jenny Lawson
Price: $13.86
163 used & new from $8.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly funny!, October 9, 2015
For an author who is probably best known for being funny, this is an incredibly deep book albeit in a very humorous way. What makes Lawson funny is her willingness to pull back the curtain on her life, her marriage, and her mental health issues. While most people in this world are working hard to maintain a facade of perfection, I really admire and embrace Lawson's openness about her anxieties and insecurities. What makes Lawson deep is her frank and honest account of her struggles with anxiety and depression. Because she is so honest about her own struggle, she has managed to make her readers feel less alone with their own difficulties.

While I didn't laugh out loud at this book quite as often as I did at her first, I will certainly recommend it more often. As a clinical psychologist, I think that many of my patients will benefit more from reading this book than any number of self-help books out there.

Thank you, Jenny!

Maybelline Pure Concealer #665 Dark
Maybelline Pure Concealer #665 Dark
Offered by Beauty Savings
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 9, 2015
Perfect little cover-up pencil. Apply it in the morning and it lasts all day. Great color!

People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Competitive Crafters, Drop-Off Despots, and Other Suburban Scourges
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Relatable!, October 9, 2015
Let's face it; parenting i snot for wusses. Actually, let's agree that there are plenty of mothers that will never admit this and will pretend indefinitely that they never find parenting exhausting, overwhelming, or confusing. Those are the mothers that I would like to punch in the throat. So I enjoyed commiserating with Mann's take on competitive parenting. Thought I must admit to feeling betrayed by her entire "craft basement" - geez! I will definitely recommend this book to my mom friends when they are feeling alone in their Mommy Fog.

Ketchup Is a Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves
Ketchup Is a Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves
by Robin O'Bryant
Price: $13.44
76 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Light-hearted and honest look at parenting., October 9, 2015
Sometimes I just want a lighthearted read. And one that offers a realistic assessment of motherhood is always welcome. For both of those reasons, this was an enjoyable read. I did enjoy the final chapter, which helps put things into perspective . . . even when your children are behaving like little demons, you are lucky to have those little demons of your very own.

Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot by O'Reilly, Bill, Dugard, Martin Unabridged Edition (10/2/2012)
by aa
Edition: Audio CD
44 used & new from $5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes History Interesting, August 14, 2015
I’ve been spending a lot of time in my car for my current job and I’ve reached a few conclusions:

1) Phoenix is entirely too scorching hot in the summertime.
2) Audiobooks are a great way to “read” while I’m driving.
3) Bill O’Reilly does an excellent job of making history interesting.
4) Where was Bill O’Reilly when I was struggling with high school history?

Okay, so admittedly, number one may not be at all relevant to this review, but it is still the first thing to come to mind when I’m getting into my car on a 115 degree day. However, listening to Killing Kennedy helped me keep my mind off the heat and the traffic.

The book is a non-fiction historical account. But it is written as a compelling page-turner, even though I already knew the ending. While the primary focus of the book is on Kennedy’s assassination, there is also plenty of behind the scenes peeks at the rest of Kennedy’s life. The book reviews how Kennedy turned a Naval catastrophe, the sinking of his ship by the Japanese during World War II, into a campaign platform. Instead of focusing on the defeat of his ship and loss of men, he emphasized instead his plucky heroism after the disaster. We also learn detailed information about the Bay of Pigs invasion and just how very close America came to being attacked with nuclear weapons. We learn about Kennedy’s many affairs, including his dalliances with Marilyn Monroe. And, paradoxically, about how much he genuinely loved and cared for Jacqueline and his children. He was a complex man and O’Reilly does a great job of painting an objective portrayal of the man, including both his strengths and weaknesses.

In addition to Kennedy, the book also follows the actions of Lee Harvey Oswald in the days and weeks before the assassination. The reader learns about his past as a U.S Marine, his disillusionment with America, his defection to the Soviet Union, his eventual return to America, and the distorted beliefs that precipitated the assassination.

Also covered, but with less depth, are the actions of Jack Ruby. While interesting, it is more difficult to understand what compelled Ruby to kill Oswald.

Despite my high school history teacher’s single-handed attempt to squash my interest in anything related to history by reducing his class to a rote recitation of boring facts, this book has renewed my interest in the topic. I now look forward to listening/reading the other books by O’Reilly, including Killing Lincoln, Killing Jesus, and Killing Patton.

Cast Iron Powder Coated Outdoor Patio Bench, Ivy Design Backrest
Cast Iron Powder Coated Outdoor Patio Bench, Ivy Design Backrest
Offered by SparrowEye Marketing
Price: $61.78
19 used & new from $61.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect park bench, June 4, 2015
This bench was easily assembled and is a gorgeous bench. I am so pleased with this bench, which was a gift from my mother, who also loves it. I love it so much, I just may buy another one for myself. The scroll detail is lovely and the bench is very sturdy!

Harbor House Coastline Queen Sheet Set
Harbor House Coastline Queen Sheet Set
Price: $98.99
5 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, June 4, 2015
I love the seashell details on these beautiful sheets. I also love the combination of the white sheet with the blue shells. Love them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20