Profile for R. Hubbard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Hubbard RSS Feed (Oregon, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Graco My Size 70 Convertible Car Seat - Odyssey
Graco My Size 70 Convertible Car Seat - Odyssey

1.0 out of 5 stars Early Adopter Tax., May 15, 2014
I've had this seat for nearly a year. And I've finally had enough, and hopefully will be able to get at least some of my money back.

On paper it is perfect. I liked the pattern (I got Tina from another retailer), it had high rearfacing limits, easy no re thread harness, deluxe push on latch connectors, and a cup holder. Everything I wanted.

In reality, the harness straps are VERY difficult to tighten.

Now that warmer weather is here and my 22 month old is wearing less layers, I can see that it doesn't pass the pinch test. I can get three vertically stacked fingers under the shoulder strap. I always pull the slack up from her hips first, then pull the harness straps tight from the back of the shell, and then finally tighten with the crotch harness pull strap. It does not tighten enough even doing all this.

I just tried to front face the seat despite my daughter being 8 weeks shy of two. It will not install tightly front facing! It's impossible to get the right angle to get leverage on this thing.

This might be car specific - my sister in law has the same seat that works better in her minivan. Or if you don't ever untighten the straps, this is probably fine for you. I've tried that and it makes my daughter cry to try to force her arms through tight straps. :(

I have a 2007 VW Passat Wagon. This seat installed best rear facing out of several I tried - maxi cosi, my ride 65, Chico next fit. I have a masters degree, my husband is an engineer, and I always get my seats checked by a technician. This is my 6th graco seat and 12th overall. It is definitely the worst graco seat I've owned. I believe all their no re thread harness seats have this issue (in my car at least) as the Argos did the same thing. I liked the my ride 65 better but it wouldn't install well in my car (tech spent two hours and told me to get a different seat). Hopefully the next generation of this seat has the kinks worked out of it's design flaws, because it has serious potential. The harness strap is a deal breaker though. Beware.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 8:09 PM PDT

Thai Kitchen Pad Thai Rice Noodle Cart, 9.77-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Thai Kitchen Pad Thai Rice Noodle Cart, 9.77-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $16.13
6 used & new from $16.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Gross, May 9, 2014
This is painfully, disgustingly bad. The sauce is teriyaki. They used to make a decent microwave pad thai, in a rectangular container. What happened to it?!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2014 11:37 AM PDT

Red Vanilla Pure Vanilla 16-Piece Bone China Set
Red Vanilla Pure Vanilla 16-Piece Bone China Set
Price: $65.99
11 used & new from $58.80

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., December 4, 2013
We've been using them about a month so far. None have broken, chipped, or scratched. We'll see how the finish holds up. I always wash with Cascade Platinum, so hopefully that will help it.

I'm quite pleased with the set. They are classic and understated - the plates add just a touch of refinement to the table, even if it's just spaghetti.

The only thing I'm not super thrilled with is the shape and size of the mugs, but that's just a personal preference - I would have preferred more of a cappuccino bowl type shape, or that of a classic tea cup. But, that would put me in $70+ per place setting range. For the price, I am very happy with these dishes.

Dream On Me Bethany 2 in 1 Convertible Stationary Side Crib, Cherry
Dream On Me Bethany 2 in 1 Convertible Stationary Side Crib, Cherry
Price: $119.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay crib, SHADY manufacturer., April 4, 2012
The crib itself is adequate. We bought it because it was the cheapest cherry one on Amazon, at the time about $70. I would not pay as much as it is listed for now - nearly double. There are much fancier, more detailed crib designs out there in that price range.

When used in the toddler bed position, my toddler jumped on the bed (of course!) and the stabilizer bar snapped. It is cheaply made - not one continuous piece of wood, but rather had a seam about 1/4 into it where 2 pieces of wood had been joined together.

I stopped using the bed (thankfully this happened right as we were transitioning him to a twin size big boy bed) and contacted Dream On Me about getting a replacement. The crib had only been in use for 16 months or so (we had a different one for the first 6 months of my son's life that was drop-side... we replaced it with this one due to safety concerns). I was told by the contact at the company that they had the part in the warehouse and it would arrive within a week.

When I followed up that email about 2 weeks later asking where the part was, I was told it was out of stock, and to just continue to use the crib in it's broken state (!!!). Keep in mind, the part that broke is called a STABILIZER BAR.

I was a bit gobsmacked that an infant item manufacturer would tell me, in writing, to just keep using a broken crib. I attempted to locate a CEO or higher-up's email and found none, so I called the company to try to get an alternate email. The woman I spoke with was so rude she was bordering on being hostile and aggressive, and she jealously guarded any one else in the company's email address, and refused to give me contact info for anyone but this one person who I had already dealt with.

At this point I have forwarded the email to the CPSC and Consumer Reports. I wrote on their Facebook and have asked my friends to share about what is going on with their potentially fatal advice to use a broken crib.

I then heard back from this same person. She is now backpedaling and saying she never told me it was shipped and can make no guarantees. Her original email said, and I quote, "Therefore; you shall receive the stabilizer bar within next week."

I have never dealt with such a shady baby product company. I am looking to resell the crib as my son has outgrown it. I can't do that if it is broken. I also can't reuse it myself if it's broken. Hopefully they step up and send me the part. I have offered multiple times to pay for it, even though they offered it for free, as I know my son is the one who broke it, and I take full responsibility for that. Dream On Me's response though?

"The stabilizer bar didn't break due to a crib malfunctioning, but because the child was jumping in the crib according to your e-mail. Cribs are not made for children to jump in them. "

Yes, that's right parents: This crib is not made to be jumped on. This CONVERTIBLE crib that is mean to be used as a toddler bed. If your toddler ever jumps on it, evidently this company has no responsibility whatsoever for what happens to your child's life and limbs, in their eyes.

Caveat emptor. I would avoid this company's products if at all possible. I will update if and when I am able to obtain a replacement stabilizer bar to use this crib safely. Frankly, after the manner in which they have conducted themselves, I will never buy one of their products ever again even IF they do make this right.

ETA:

I contacted the CPSC regarding this company's deplorable behavior (lying and advising a parent to use a broken crib). The CPSC Compliance Officer was able to contact the company president. So, someone higher up than the misinformed, defensive peon whom I was dealing with (Jamie E.) is aware of what the official voice of this company is advising parents in writing to do. Unfortunately the stabilizer bar is out of stock and evidently will never be back in stock ever again.

I am left with a disposable crib - it's broken, I can't get it repaired. I can't resell it in good conscious. I can't use it again myself. I'm not even sure my local Goodwill accepts cribs. I will probably have to pay to dispose of this at the dump.

I have yet to get a single apology from this company - no apology for lying, for the potentially fatal advise to use a broken crib, for not having a replacement part available. Nothing but rudeness and disingenuous blame-shifting while they hide behind semantics.

I will NEVER buy another Dream On Me/Mia Moda product again. This company should just advertise for Graco, because they are sure sending my baby-related dollars their way.

Hopefully the CPSC takes some kind of action against them for advising parents to use broken cribs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2012 3:44 PM PDT

Gold Bond  Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion, Aloe, 14 Ounce Pump
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion, Aloe, 14 Ounce Pump
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $8.52
15 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop the search - this is your winter skin Holy Grail!, February 2, 2012
Many of the other reviews for this product are written by the elderly, on behalf of the elderly, for by other adults with some health problems.

Sigh.

I'm 29, and fairly healthy. Currently pregnant, but no biggie. I just have THE DRIEST SKIN EVER.

I live in Oregon, thank God, otherwise I would just peel away like an onion. I don't know how people in drier climates survive, I really don't. Do they DRINK this stuff?

Anyway. My skin is ridiculously dry. It's always been on the drier side, but something about this magical winter is just killing it. Might be extra sensitivity due to the pregnancy, I'm not sure. I have tried just about EVERY lotion, cream, and even oil, under the sun. This one is the BEST.

Let me run down my own personal reactions to the competition:

Aveeno - doesn't actually absorb into my skin, leaves it able to almost rub off after applying
Lubriderm - too dry, not enough moisture, leaves skin feeling taut
Vaseline - works okay, but greasy
Cetaphil (the tub) - GREASE CITY. Also when I used it on my face (where peeling & flaking is an issue) it broke me out.
Cocoa Butter (Palmers & Queen Helene) - same issue as the Aveeno, it wouldn't really absorb in and left me feeling like it was rubbing off
Bath & Body Works - combination of not moisturizing enough (Even the creams in the tubes) and the rub-off factor
Neutrogena - not quite enough moisture for winter time
Nivea - Definitely not moisturizing enough, and some of them smell a little TOO perfumey
Olay Quench - Has sparkles in it. Enough said.
Johnson's Baby Lotion - this is my go-to summer moisturizer. Mostly because we have like a gallon of it left over from when my son was born. It keeps the cracking at bay, but doesn't really do a 100% job.
Johnson's Baby Oil - I use this in times of desperation. Obviously it works great! Any oil would, I imagine. But... it requires a long drying time, potentially gets oil marks on my sheets/towels/clothes, and makes my hands super sticky. Also if my son were to run into my legs for a hug, he would slide right off me and probably land on the dog, which would then create a nasty oil-and-dog-hair situation. Use only for skin emergencies.
Vaseline (straight up petroleum jelly, not the lotion) - this is Skin-911 for me. In DIRE situations I rub it straight on. It has all the problems of baby oil though, but magnified. It works best if applied at night time under some cotton clothes or something... and be prepared to wash the sheets. =/

And more, I'm sure.

What the Gold Bond does though? Is amazing. It leaves my skin feeling HYDRATED. I've been using it for about a week now, religiously applying after each shower to my legs & hips (was getting odd blisters & cracking on my HIPS, omg I'm so geriatric.) and just did a calf-check... normally this would be alligator city. But, nope. Looks smooth and healthy. Feels soft to the touch, with no disgusting powdery dead skin flakes coming off in a poof of dust like I'm a corpse in a cartoon.

I don't find it to have any smell at all, which is a pity. I do like a nicely scented lotion now and then. I wish Bath & Body Works actually worked for my skin anymore... but maybe not smelling like a tween at the mall is a good thing, right?

As I said, I've been using it for a week or so and my legs are completely healed. I've also been trying to make a point to put it on my hands more often. I have some Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream that I really like to use, but never remember to put it on... since the Gold Bond absorbs so much more quickly and doesn't give me greasy hands, I'm more likely to use it. With a toddler, I do a lot of hand washing, so this stuff has really been a lifesaver this week. When I bought it (in desperation at Walmart, wondering if Depends are in my near future!) I had SIX cracks/open sores on my hands, mostly on the knuckles but 2 of them on the pads of my fingers, in the crack at the joint. I have used nothing else but the Gold Bond and they are all nearly healed. My hands also look nice and moisturized, no flaky skin there either.

In short, this is not a fancy lotion. It's definitely not one with pretty marketing or a flowerly smell that your girlfriends will ask about. But? It gets the job done BETTER than anything else, period. This is my new winter staple. Hopefully when spring/summer rolls around I can switch to something less heavy duty/medicinal. Neutrogena or Johnson's or something. But if you have SERIOUSLY dry winter skin, don't even bother trying anything else. This is what you need. :)
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 4:27 AM PST

Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Sports Bra Top #4490
Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Sports Bra Top #4490
Price: $34.50 - $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bra I have ever owned., January 21, 2012
This bra changed my life, and I'm not even kidding.

I was always large busted, but after having my first son, I was no longer able to just stroll into Victoria's Secret and buy whatever. Give me Nordstrom or give me death! While nursing I was an H/I cup (!!!)... thankfully after I weaned I went down to a more reasonable F or DDD. Haha. "More reasonable."

Anyway, I had a half marathon to train for and complete. My $10 Walmart special was not going to cut it. Time for the big guns. This bra is not for the faint of heart. The first time I put it on, I did feel a bit like I was in an iron lung. Luckily though, other than feeling SUPER SUPER SUPPORTED, it didn't hurt, chafe, or itch.

I wish something like this has been around or available to me when I was in high school, it really would have changed a lot of things for me. In middle school I was pretty active, played volleyball, etc... then in high school I "blossomed" big time and didn't even know they made sports bras other than what you could find at Target or Walmart (I grew up with a single father, bless his heart.)... if something like this had been available to me I'm sure I would have had a much better attitude about sports and athletics... instead I was stuck with painful bounce and feeling horribly self-conscious, so I decided to go be an Art Kid instead.

I used it exclusively all summer long to train in and for my event. I washed it once a week (which probably makes me the stinky kid in class, huh?) since I didn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on boob support and couldn't really afford to buy 3 or 4 for my 3 or 4 weekly runs. At first I was super duper gentle with it and very particular about how it got washed, but after awhile I just threw it in with everything else and it is fine. It even survives the dryer, which as another posted mentioned, has a helpful side effect of counteracting any stretching that it has from use.

The trick I use to get it on and off by myself is I do the top hooks and put it on like a tank top, then reach around and do the bottom hooks myself, just like I do with a regular bra. I've never had an issue with getting stuck! What a sight that would be, haha.

I am now a Shock Absorber customer for life. I tell all my friends (even the more typically-endowed) about it and can't say enough good things about this bra. I'm sure my rough washing routine will shorten it's life a bit, but I will definitely be replacing it with another one. If you are large busted, try this bra and you will not be sorry.

PS - I completed my half marathon! 13.1 baby, YEAH! :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 9:07 PM PDT

The North Face Cat's Meow BX Sleeping Bag Blue Ribbon One Size
The North Face Cat's Meow BX Sleeping Bag Blue Ribbon One Size
Offered by All great deals
Price: $189.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sleeping bag ever., January 19, 2012
I've been camping since I was about 5 or 6, and have owned a lot of sleeping bags over the years. Most of them were Coleman's or Eddie Bauer for Targets. This is the last sleeping bag I will ever own. It is AMAZINGLY warm and comfortable. Love the extra features too, like the glow-in-the-dark pulls, baffled zipper, watch pocket, and built-in pillow stuffing spot on the backside of it.

You will not be disappointed in this... it has kept me warm on an Oregon coast January camping trip (insane, I know!) I'm 5'6" and the length is perfect.

VENTURE JACKET WS F07
VENTURE JACKET WS F07

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 years of hard use!, January 19, 2012
This review is from: VENTURE JACKET WS F07
I bought a Venture Jacket way back in 2004, from Backcountry. Since then, it has been put to the test in the form of 7-going-on-8 Oregon rainy seasons. I use it nearly daily in the fall/winter/spring, and bring it on every camping & backpacking trip.

This jacket is AMAZING. Well, the one I had anyway. After 8 hard years of use, it is finally showing some wear. The HyVent DT is starting to peel away from the shell in places (the neck/hood fold and some places around the wrist... also this is the "old" HyVent, not made out of corn.) My husband actually has the men's version of the same jacket (Twinsies! Haha! Such a Newlywed Purchase.) and he noticed his was flaking off this fall, I hadn't yet noticed mine - but I went to look and sure enough it's starting to flake off.

We mailed it in to TNF to see what they will do about their Lifetime Warranty. This is the 3rd time I have mailed in something to them - and the other 2 times the items were fixed and sent right back. This time, I got a phone call. They wanted me to mail in the liner too.

(The version of the Venture Jacket that my husband and I both have is no longer made, but it was originally a 3-in-1 jacket that came with a fairly useless liner. It was just nylon with a sort of cheesy, ultra-thin perforated fleece and no hood. It zipped in, but not with the same size zipper - so this jacket line was NEVER compatible with the TNF Zip In System. My Denali has never zipped in to this jacket, moresapity!)

I am currently waiting to hear back on exactly what they are doing, but they did say they are sending a gift card. I will update this review with the amount & where it is to when it comes.

At any rate, I will be sending mine in after this winter as well, in all likelihood. I am pretty sad to see it go - I've had it for almost all of my 20's! I think I will probably replace it with another Venture. Maybe I can even get it in the same color! :) That is how much I love this jacket. Definitely worth the money - and you can't beat that warranty & customer service. I own a lot of TNF outdoor/camping products, and while they are never the cheapest option out there, they are all quality products worth ponying up a little extra cash for.

Maclaren Volo Stroller, Black
Maclaren Volo Stroller, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect toddler stroller!, January 17, 2012
My husband teases me about my passion for having a GOOD stroller. He calls me the Stroller Hoarder. My son is not quite 2 and we have had 5 strollers (not all at once though!), so I am experienced in comparing them and know what features I like in one.

Many advice articles on the internet said to avoid "big bulky travel systems" so that is what we did when I was pregnant and we had to select one. Later on, of course, I was GIVEN an older Graco Quattro Tour and practically wept with how much I loved it. This is the most importnat lesson in finding a stroller that will work for you: look at YOUR LIFESTYLE and what YOU do with strollers, not what bloggers in NYC want in a stroller. I live in the suburbs, occasionally shop at malls, and travel to mostly kid-friendly destinations these days, so a "big travel system" stroller worked great for us.

Alas, the time came when my super-tall son outgrew it. Just couldn't fit his little knees in there anymore. So it was time to retire it to Consignment Store Heaven.

Then I set about on the search for the perfect lightweight umbrella stroller. I have some friends who had raved about their Maclarens, but I also knew how much the urban bloggers love them, so was a little leery. However, after doing research, it basically came down to the Volo or a $15 Walmart special, with no features at all.

I decided on the Volo, for it's tall handlebars (my husband is very tall), mesh basket (which is tiny, but better than nothing), and the decent sunshade on it. I would advise anyone to shop around for a good deal. I got mine on eBay for $49 shipped, brand new in box as they were clearing out the prior year's stock.

As for the stroller itself? I really like it! Of course, within a week of owning it, I found out we are expecting a second child... figures, right?

What I Like:
-The tall, padded handles. Very comfortable for pushing!
-The easy one handed fold down
-How compactly it folds. I drive a Jetta, and it's great to have most of my trunk space back again!
-Super light weight!!! I haven't had to fly anywhere since we got it, but it will be much less of an ordeal than bringing the Graco, I'm sure.
-Great sunshade, that is detachable if you want.
-Mine came with a raincover, which is awesome! I've used it only once in Oregon so far this winter, and it did a good job.
-Brakes & wheels that you can lock or let swivel
-5 point harness that my kid can NOT unbuckle himself (...yet)

What I Don't Like:
-The storage basket is SUPER SMALL. But, for this size/weight of strollers, it's rare to find a basket period.
-It tips over REALLY easily if my son is out of it because it is so lightweight.
-The fabric shows dirt really easily (mine is white and blue)... I haven't tried to wash it yet or anything, but it will need a washing soon. I have never had to actually machine wash any of my other strollers ever.
-Definitely NOT for use on anything other than a smooth surface. Don't even try to take this on a bumpy sidewalk.
-I have the available cup holder/mesh accessory bag made by Maclaren. The cupholders are unusable for adult sized drinks, and it is hard to get in and out of the mesh bag.

All in all, this is a fantastic toddler stroller. I wouldn't use it with a smaller baby, or for my MAIN baby stroller. But my son is big enough now that we don't use strollers quite as often... and when we do, I enjoy using this one. It meets our needs perfectly and matches up with our lifestyle well. It is also stylish and cute, which is a plus!

I just don't know what to do now that we are expanding our family. I am a big stroller user (some people aren't - these people always remind me of Maggie Gyllenhall in Away We Go, hahaha), so will be getting a double for at least the first year. I am not sure if I will sell this one (for a possible profit even!) or keep it around since it was so cheap and it takes up so little room. Might come in handy when I have a 3 or 4 year old and a smaller baby, right? Haha. You can never have enough strollers!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2012 8:56 PM PST

Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat, Chili Pepper
Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat, Chili Pepper
Offered by Dot Com Land, LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Ugly but it works!, January 16, 2012
I got one of these after my son was outgrowing his Snugride and I had had enough of dealing with a Cosco Scenera (which is NOT a good fit in a Volkswagen Jetta due to the slant of the backseat.)

I spent an afternoon at Toys R Us and this was the only one I could get installed correctly. "Does it work in my car" is the number one thing to consider when buying a seat... I liked the Graco MyRide much better, but just couldn't get it installed securely! My particular car ('02 Jetta) has a super slanted backseat. The seat slants at about a 30 degree angle down into the floor. This makes it exceptionally difficult to install convertible seats in the rear facing position as the angle of the seat is thrown off. Also I consulted on the phone with The Carseat Lady and this was one of the seats she personally recommended to me (after knowing the specifics of my child's size and my car).

The Good:
-The cover has held up to multiple washings, including vomit!
-Lots of padding, it seems very comfy
-Adjustable angle - crucial in my funky little German backseat
-Big weight/height capacity for rear-facing

The Not-So-Good:
-It's ugly, I'm sorry but it is. It reminds me of a 70's Lincoln or something. Can only really describe the texture of it as "track suit velour." This means it instantly absorbs any spills like a sponge. I am not a "cow print" person either.
-Hugely bulky and heavy. I would not use this for traveling if I could help it.
-e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e.
-The little velcro things to keep the buckles out of the way when your kid gets in the seat that are so genius that they are a good part of the reason why I decided to shell out for this sucker? Yeah, they totally don't actually work. Same deal with the crotch padding. BUMMER. :(

Overall, it's a great, quality seat. I just wish I liked it. It fits my car and it's safe, so that's really all that matters, right? I wish it came with a cupholder though. A lot of the higher end baby gear tends to just not come with these luxuries (BOB's anyone?) that are really more like necessities. And, really, I wish they were more stylish. I know it's so silly and stupid, but it's just so dang ugly, I can't stand it!

My son is currently 22 months old, 27 lbs, and 37". He is still rear facing comfortably in this seat in my Jetta. We have another one on the way, and I think I might turn him around when he hits 2 just due to the logistics of my expanding belly and not being able to crouch down/reach in and buckle him much longer. I am not sure at what point he can use one of those high back booster seats (with the armrests & cupholders built in, typically) but I might get him one of those and use this for the new baby after it outgrows it's infant seat. I hope by then they have some better COVERS available. Do not use aftermarket covers as they are not flame resistant & tested to the same specs as the manufacturer's cover is.

Bottom line? If you have the cash to spend, don't care too much about something that looks nice, and are interested in extended rear facing, this is a good seat to get.

ETA: It's been a few weeks since I wrote this review, and in the process of researching which infant seat to get for my new baby, I have grown to hate the Britax more and more. Grrr. I have decided that I will be selling it as soon as my son front faces (he has about 2" left in height, so roughly 4 months the way he grows) and getting a Graco Nautilius high back harnessed booster instead. The disgusting sponge-like cover and lack of cupholder are just deal breakers for me. And that thing is so UGLY in my back seat. It is really all I can do not to return it right now under Amazon's 365-day baby item return policy, but my husband has assured me this is Pregnant Woman Crazy Talk, and we should just stick it out.

At least it's installed correctly, right? Sigh.

ETA AGAIN...

So I had to call up Amazon about a wrong item that got shipped out. When I was done taking care of that matter they helpfully asked if there was "anything else" they could help me with. I decided to just ASK about returning the car seat, to see what they would say. I mentioned how the straps don't work as advertised (velcro keeping them out of the way), the crotch padding doesn't stay in place, the cover doesn't stay on, and how my husband and I are just generally annoyed and displeased with the purchase. They didn't bat an eye, automatically created a RMA and told me I have 30 days to mail it back. Oh, okay then!

So, we are returning this seat. I know that I am in a HUGE minority by being unhappy enough with this seat to actually return it. I know that ALL my mom friends who are carseat conscious are absolutely in LOVE with their Britaxes and wouldn't buy anything else. I know that I am probably going to get comments on this review. But, the bottom line is, it didn't work out for our family. For our individual preferences, for our car, for our kid, for our lifestyle... this seat was just not a good fit (well it fit good in the car, but that's about it). We are going to return it and with our 80% refund get something else. I'm grateful that this seat let us rear face until 2 though.

My husband was trying to trash the seat calling it "crappy" and "horribly made" when I told him about how they sent us the RMA, and I had to stop him: it's not a bad seat. It's not. It's made of really high grade materials and feels very solid. It is a quality car seat, period. And it is definitely a safe seat, which is the most important thing of all. It's just not for us. :)
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2012 7:53 PM PDT