Profile for N. Demasky > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Demasky RSS Feed (Tampa, Fl. USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Living Language Chinese, Platinum Edition: A complete beginner through advanced course, including 3 coursebooks, 9 audio CDs, Chinese character guide, complete online course, apps, and live e-Tutoring
by Living Language
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $161.10
26 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Language Course!, October 5, 2014
I bought this program to use in conjunction with my University course in Chinese Mandarin that's taught in full immersion. I wanted a program that gave explanations in English.

First of all, there's material in The Living Language program that isn't covered in my class, which is fantastic. I've used some of that extra material, which has impressed my teachers (all of which are native speakers of Chinese).

The online material is a really nice addition, and helps in memorization. I haven't used the e-tutoring yet, but I plan to.

I would recommend this course over Rosetta Stone, just for the price alone.

Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker, White
Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker, White
Price: $62.10
39 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT MACHINE!!, August 12, 2014
First off, let me state that I did not purchase this product from Amazon. However, I am a frequent Amazon customer and I feel it is appropriate to leave a review of the item here.

This little bread maker is absolutely FABULOUS!! Seriously!!

So much quality for so little money??

I purchased this machine back in May, and use it at least three times a week to make bread. I'll never go back to store bought bread again.

I've used the Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Dough, and Bake cycles. Every batch has turned out consistently fantastic. I feel the machine has already paid for itself.

To make bread, just insert the ingredients (liquid, then dry, then yeast). Select the cycle, select the loaf size, select crust color (light, medium, dark) press start. Walk away.

It's that easy.

I've made White Bread, Honey Grain Whole Wheat, French Countryside Bread, Pizza Dough, Pasta Dough, and Banana Bread. All came out great.

Don't bother with the more expensive machines. GET THIS ONE!! You won't go wrong!

AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
Price: $143.30
78 used & new from $118.97

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT processor!, August 9, 2014
EXCELLENT processor!! Very, very fast. Haven't had any problems with it overheating. Easy to install. This can easily overclock, although I've had no need to. Will purchase AMD from now on. GREAT price too! VERY happy with this unit!

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with Boost and OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Cards 11220-00-20G
Price: $168.99
29 used & new from $154.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a WONDERFUL graphics card for the price, August 1, 2014
This is a WONDERFUL graphics card for the price. I can play any game on it at max settings, and it runs smooth. I've had no problems running Skyrim at all. Highly recommend. At this price point, this graphics card is a steal!

Casio CAS PX150 BK 88-Key Touch Sensitive Privia Digital Piano with Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action
Price: Click here to see our price
33 used & new from $380.00

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT starter digital piano for the money, June 20, 2014
First of all. I would like to state that I did not purchase this piano on Amazon. However, I am a frequent Amazon customer, and feel it is appropriate to review the product here. I will review the product only, and not the seller.

This piano is excellent value for the price point. The scaled weighted action of the keys, does a pretty nice job at replicating the action of a piano. If you're looking to learn classical music, you will be able to develop finger strength on this instrument. The simulated ebony/ivory key tops, though not important for playing, is a nice and surprising feature to have at this price point.

The piano, for the most part, is pretty intuitive to use. You use the function button for just about every action you would like to complete.

The built in metronome is a life savor!

There is two-track recording available. I haven't figured out how to make full use of it, and am learning as I go. It's great for doing duets with yourself. Record one part, then record the other part on top of it.

As far as sound reproduction is concerned. At first, when playing the piano through its native speakers, I was initially disappointed. It sounded a little canned, and a bit tinny. HOWEVER, when I played it through headphones, the quality of the sound changed DRAMATICALLY. It REALLY sounded like the real thing through headphones! A rich, and dark low register, and a bright high register. The upper keys of the piano actually ring when you press them, just like the hammer hitting the string on a real piano. VERY impressive!

If you plan on using this instrument for any kind of performance, I would suggest investing in a good amp for it.

There are 18 different tones on this particular model. Five of which are Grand Piano sounds: Concert, Modern, Classic, Mellow, Bright. The rest of the tones are as follows: Electric Piano, FM E. Piano, 60's E. Piano, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Strings 1, Strings 2, Pipe Organ (GREAT for Bach), Jazz Organ, Electric Organ 1, Electric Organ 2, Bass 1, Bass 2.

You can split and layer any combination of TWO tones.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this piano as a starter digital piano for any student on a budget.

I would also recommend that you shell out the extra $$$, and purchase the optional stand (I THINK it's called the SP-67 but don't quote me on that), and also purchase the optional SP-33 triple pedal board. These make a MAJOR difference in the overall look/feel of the piano.

Pros:
Ebony/Ivory feel keys
Scaled/Weighted key action
Full size (88 key) keyboard
The fact that there is a triple pedal board available at this price point is AMAZING!
The sound through headphones does a GREAT job at replicating the real thing.

Cons:
There is no LCD screen, so some features are a little tricky (recording, for instance).
There is no direct to USB recording available either, although you CAN hook the piano up to your computer.

Overall, this is the BEST digital piano available on the market at this price-point (depending on what you're looking for). If you're looking for a synthesizer that has hundreds of tones, then you might want to look elsewhere. If, however, you're looking for an entry level practice piano to learn on and you're on a budget, then this is PERFECT!

I would absolutely recommend this.

eBay
eBay
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App!, March 26, 2014
This review is from: eBay (App)
Works like a charm on The Kindle Fire HD. Just sold an item. Listed the item, and did everything through this app rather than the computer. Works great! Thanks!

Magic Academy 2: Mystery Tower
Magic Academy 2: Mystery Tower
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun, and addicting!, August 4, 2013
I don't particularly like hidden objects games, but this game is a lot of fun. I totally enjoy the storyline, and the puzzles are quite challenging as well! Well worth the money!

Dungeon Hunter 3 (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Dungeon Hunter 3 (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun!, July 23, 2013
Very fun game to play. Especially if you're looking for an epic way to kill time, that isn't going to break your bank!

Finale 2012 Academic
Finale 2012 Academic

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful software, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Finale 2012 Academic (CD-ROM)
So after using MuseScore for as long as I have, I finally decided it was time for actual Notation software.

This software is VERY useful, once you get over the rather steep learning curve. You can pretty much do just about anything in Finale 2012. The instrument sounds are pretty good for MIDI quality, and the VST sounds are MUCH better. If you go into Score Manager, and change the instrument playback to SOLO instruments, they'll actually play back with vibrato!

If you have a Smart Music subscription (just $30/year), Finale 2012 is fully integrated. You can create accompaniments in Finale, and fully import them into Smart Music which can help make practicing more productive.

Scanning is terrible, don't even bother.

Finished printed sheets do look excellent though! It really is publisher quality!

My advice when learning how to use the software, take already existing sheet music and enter it by hand. This is probably the fastest approach to learning how to use Finale. DO NOT get frustrated when learning the Software. You can find pretty much any answer on how to do something online, or in the program itself.

The user interface can be counter intuitive at times, but there are plenty of tutorials (in the software itself) that will show you where everything is. Once you learn the program, it's actually fairly simple.

Overall, this is a VERY good program. MUCH better and MUCH more useful than MuseScore.

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful device!, July 22, 2013
This is a great device. I've had mine for about 6 months now, and I use it nearly every day. Video quality is fantastic, and the speakers... Oh my gosh they're great! I can check email, write papers with the OfficePro App, play games, check Facebook, read books, listen to music etc. etc. etc. Oh, and there's very little setup. Seriously.

My only reason for giving this 4 stars instead of 5, is lack of a back camera. There's a front camera ONLY. This may be a deal breaker for some customers. You can't use the camera directly, as it was intended only for Skype calls. However, there are free and paid apps out there that will allow you to take photos and HD quality videos.

That's honestly my only nitpick. If you're looking for a tablet but don't want to break your bank, then this is the one for you!

Page: 1 | 2