Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Peter C. Savely > Reviews

Browse

Peter C. Savely's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter C. Savely RSS Feed (Chicago, IL USA)

Soaked, Slathered, and Seasoned: A Complete Guideto Flavoring Food for the Grill
by Elizabeth Karmel
Price: $16.87
64 used & new from $0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Never loan it to anyone!!, July 9, 2009
Because if you do, you will never get it back. I am on my third copy now, because my freinds keep "forgetting" to return the copy I lent them.

First, page through the book. Second, spend the next hour trying to decide what you want to make first!! I have used recipes from this book at least twice a week since I received it in early May. Everytime, the finished product has been a great success.

Easy to understand that I have been a huge fan of Elizabeth's for quite some time now. Her recipes are at the same time inventive and straight forward. This latest book has easily become my bible for upping the ante for every BBQ I host or attend.

The added bonus is the story line behind the recipes. Makes reading a cookbook fun.

This is a definate must have addition to Elizabeth's other books, Taming The Flame and Pizza On The Grill

Pizza on the Grill: 100+ Feisty Fire-Roasted Recipes for Pizza & More
Pizza on the Grill: 100+ Feisty Fire-Roasted Recipes for Pizza & More
by Bob Blumer
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Quick and Fantastic, May 26, 2008
I admit, initially I thought pizza on the grill would be a little intimidating. Like how does it not fall through the grates? But Elizabeth Karmel and Bob Blumer know their stuff. The book is layed out great, beginning with step by step instructions for preparing the basic dough to setting up the grill. Also included are several shortcuts which can be used to cut down the prep time without sacrificing any of the goodness!! The recipes are organized and easy to follow. You will be amazed at the wide array of toppings for just about any kind of pizza you can think of. This is definately not your local pizza parlor eats.

The only advice I did not follow was to try it out first, before inviting guests. I entertained for six people and made three pizzas. The total prep time was about an hour and the cooking time was less than twenty minutes. The outcome....FANTASTIC. All of my freinds were raving about how great it tasted. And when they saw me make it, in awe of how easy it was.

Bottom line you cannot go through the BBQ season without this book. Your family and friends will be amazed and delighted. Sure to be the hit of any BBQ, either as a starter, main course or dessert!!