Profile for Josh Peters > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Josh Peters RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
SE 11" Rock Pick Hammer
SE 11" Rock Pick Hammer
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $19.63
5 used & new from $12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can stick it in lava, it's a good product, August 1, 2012
This review is from: SE 11" Rock Pick Hammer (Misc.)
Can I say more? my girlfriend is a geologist, and we took this with us on a field trip to Hawaii where we were allowed to stick it in lava and pull out chunks to harden and cool. The hammer came out looking just as it went in.
The spike end is flattening slightly from excessive use, as I would have expected any tool of this nature to do eventually, but it is still in relatively new condition all things considered.

24-piece Spare Cribbage Pegs & Instructions
24-piece Spare Cribbage Pegs & Instructions
Offered by Maple Landmark
Price: $6.30
2 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, August 1, 2012
A very fine set of cribbage pegs that fit all 3 of my cribbage boards perfectly. They are easy to grab hold of, and the color stays in the peg not on the fingers.

They might be unlucky though, I haven't beaten my girlfriend at cribbage since i taught her how to play with these... and I've been playing for years...

Physical Chemistry
Physical Chemistry
by Thomas Engel
20 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shape, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Physical Chemistry (Paperback)
The textbook came in great shape. This edition is lighter to carry (being not hardcover) but not a pain the backside (like looseleaf). My only disappointment here lies in amazon. When searching for this book, it gives you the option to see multiple sellers, and doesn't firmly establish that some of them may ship international editions as opposed to the US/canada version. I didn't find out until i received the text that it wasn't the standard that we use in our school.

That being said, since homework for MY course is online, this book will do more then fine and saved me a pretty penny!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2013 8:32 AM PDT

CliffsQuickReview Biochemistry I
CliffsQuickReview Biochemistry I
by Frank F Schmidt
Price: $8.96
60 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, August 1, 2012
It is widely known that owning only one biochemistry text is not enough to be successful in the program. This is an excellent SUPPLEMENT (not substitute) to a major label 1000 page text book.
1) its tiny, it nearly fits in my pocket
2) the diagrams are excellent, sometimes there are many to drive across a point
3) it is easy to read, there are no frivolously long words or complicated explanations of simple concepts. It hits the bull's eye, and then it moves on. Period. If there is prerequisite piece of knowledge that the author thinks you may stumble on, it will aside for a moment and explain that in the simplest applicable way possible.
I read 80 pages in 3 hours, for a chemistry major, it is almost hard to put down.

almost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better then brand name., August 1, 2012
We'll keep this simple:

It powers the computer
It doesn't over heat
It is slightly shorter then the manufacturer's cord, but an extension cord trumps this easily
It cost half the price of the manufacturer's cord that needed to be replaced after only a year!

I've owned 4 laptops
one is 7 years old, and still uses the same cord.
silly.

anyhow, this is a great product and i'd recommend this over anything that has a big HP on it...

40X Mini Magnifier Magnifying Glass LED Illuminate Jeweller Loupe
40X Mini Magnifier Magnifying Glass LED Illuminate Jeweller Loupe
Offered by Skque Products
Price: $5.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Geology Majors, August 1, 2012
My girlfriend is getting a bachelors in Geology, and we've purchased nearly half a dozen of these now since i got her the first one. The lights can flicker on some of them, but giving them a good tap usually settles this. The lights are ultra bright, enough so to be used as a flashlight in a pinch. It isn't always practical to hold a rock up to sunlight to analyze mineral content, so this has provided her a major advantage in class and in the field. We have to keep purchasing more of them because others in the department keep "borrowing" them!

Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Memory Card, Class 4 (RETAIL PACKAGE)
Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Memory Card, Class 4 (RETAIL PACKAGE)
Offered by DJI Electronics
Price: Click here to see our price
99 used & new from $2.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Card was fine, adapter came broken., August 1, 2012
The memory card worked flawlessly in my phone. In installed over 7 GB of music to it when it came, and it has been functioning perfectly since then. It loads a lot faster then the previous off brand card i was using, and hasn't shown any errors.

On the downside, The micro sd to sd adapter card that came with it was missing the write protection switch, and does NOT appear to be of the sandisk brand name. Like another purchaser before me, this product came int he small plastic shell case in an envelope, and the shell case was not sealed.

I fixed the write protection switch by placing a piece of scotch tape over it, wrapping it around the card and making sure it was on very tight so it doesn't bother my pc. I was then able to transfer files without a problem.

i don't know why these come unsealed, but i have a feeling it relates to how they also come damaged / missing pieces.

HP 2.4 GHz Wireless Laser Mobile Mouse (Black)
HP 2.4 GHz Wireless Laser Mobile Mouse (Black)
2 used & new from $42.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse i've ever owned, December 23, 2011
The mouse works exactly as well as i could ask. It is accurate and steady for small detailed graphical work and video games, and compact (but not a mini mouse). The contouring rivals much more expensive mice and is very comfortable. It is easily ambidextrous as it is perfectly symmetrical and the software included easily switches handedness. The compact USB receiver functions well, and keeps connection up to at least 15 feet (far further then i ever am from my laptop). The cover is flimsy and light but has survived a great number of drops to hard surfaces without being damaged. the mouse does take TWO batteries to function, though i must note that that the lights came on inside the mouse wheel when i had only placed one battery in it (further experimenting required). the back button works well with my internet browser (firefox) and so does the forward button, though i must say that putting on opposite sides of the mouse makes me much less likely to use it. The left and right scroll clicking is the coolest thing i've ever seen, and makes viewing large pictures (such as panoramas and high resolution images from my digital camera) a breeze to navigate. I purchased this mouse to replace a cordless one that i had forcefully dropped in anger, and i'm glad that it took the brunt of my frustration that night... otherwise i wouldn't have this wonderful mouse.

Master Lock 643D Combination Lock, 1-9/16-inch
Master Lock 643D Combination Lock, 1-9/16-inch
Price: $10.99
8 used & new from $5.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, December 23, 2011
Product functions exactly as described. The mechanism feels sound, and the combination was easy to program. The lock was bigger then i anticipated, but it still suited its purpose perfectly. I'm uncertain it would be secure against someone terribly determined to get through it, but it feels solid enough and functions well enough to deter someone.

MTECH USA MT-424BK Tactical Folding Knife 4.75 Closed
MTECH USA MT-424BK Tactical Folding Knife 4.75 Closed
Offered by DealSpecialist
Price: $6.80
12 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife, December 23, 2011
This knife is worth every penny of its miniscule price. It arrived on time exactly as described and has not left my pocket since it did so.

The handle is solid, with no frivolous gaps or silly patterns to make it look "cooler." It is larger the previous knives I've carried, the handle actually being large enough to fit the palm of a large mans hand. It makes it feel more secure when held, and not even the clip is the slightest bit flexible when squeezed tightly. The blade is sharper then i would have expected for the cost. I usually anticipate sharpening a knife shortly after purchase, but this one I will give quite a bit of time. the blade in the seat belt cutter is sharp enough to cut paper, but i haven't yet found a piece of material resembling a seat belt to try it on, nor a pane of expendable glass for the emergency breaker. It seems solid enough make a quick exit if the time game. The knife also looks attractive and came in a nice box. A great purchase I would and have recommended to others.

Page: 1 | 2