ARRAY(0xb074957c)

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Roy RSS Feed (Folsom, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Storebound Dash Greek Yogurt Maker (Blue)
Storebound Dash Greek Yogurt Maker (Blue)
Offered by BestBrandsClub
Price: $44.99
7 used & new from $35.17

5.0 out of 5 stars How to make Great Yogurt, April 12, 2014
I am amazed people complain about this maker. This maker is no different than other yougurt makers, but have auto shut off feature, which is I am looking for!

Here are the steps, which you CANNOT skip!

1. Fill the container(!) with Milk, not your cup, then heat the milk in your preferred container. I use measuring cups.
2. Cool milk to lukewarm.
3. Put 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt in container, crush it.
4. Put in half warm milk and stir, then fill the rest.
5. put mixed milk in yogurt maker for 4-6 hours but no more than 6 hours if you don't like sour yogurt. The longer the sticky it is.
6. Put yogurt in refrigerator. after 2 hours, done. you have great home made Greek yogurt.

You have to go through all these steps with any yogurt maker!

Poly Cotton Ruffled Bed Skirt with Split Corners, Twin, 18" Drop, Pink
Poly Cotton Ruffled Bed Skirt with Split Corners, Twin, 18" Drop, Pink

2.0 out of 5 stars Material too thin, March 13, 2014
I ordered this bed skirt for my daughter's new queen bed. The pink is lighter compared to the picture and the material is too thin. I can see the box spring through the bed skirt. I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Canon EF-M 22mm f2 STM Compact System Lens
Canon EF-M 22mm f2 STM Compact System Lens
Offered by Another Deal Site
Price: $159.95
22 used & new from $117.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Except glare, it is a amazing lens. Every EOS-M owner should buy one, if you don't have it yet., January 25, 2014
I would like to give it 4 stars due to glare, but for its price and build quality, I have it 5 stars.

It is small, light, with good build quality. Color is generally good, partially because of default settings in EOS-M. Sharpness is really really good, especially at f2, center is sharp enough that I won't hesitate to use f2 when it is dark. I have 5 primes for 5D2, including 3 L lenses. This lens is at least on par with 35L/85 for sharpness at f2. For other lenses, I would think about sharpness when I want to use wide open, but I won't with this lens.

Bokeh is beautiful, due to its 7 blades aperture. Given its actual 22mm focal length, bokeh is better than I expected, pretty creamy, way better than similar priced 50/1.8II. The 5 blade aperture on 50/1.8II not only produces pentagon shaped dot, but bokeh is also dry.

AF is slow, with EOS-M. MF is painful. MF ring is hard to use. You have to either choose full AF from menu settings. Or you set to AF+MF. Then you need to half press shutter in order to be able to turn MF ring to make MF work. So MF is practically not an option. But well, EOS-M is not designed for MF anyway.

Glare is a big headache. You must avoid light source on your side, otherwise, you can easily get picture washed. You should also be careful with back light for portrait.

Overall, just over 100 bucks is extremely good value. Build quality is good, picture quality is good, center is sharp at f2. It might not be an apple to apple comparison, but I feel it is way better than 50/1.8II in terms of wide open sharpness and bokeh.

Compare to 35L, 35L costs at least 12 times more. It has better contrast and color, AF is much faster. F1.4-F2 is very usable. They are not in the same league. If you have a 35L with 6D/5D2/3, great, but that should not stop you to get a EOS-M + 22mm as a back up camera or small camera to substitue an old DC. For serious portrait/landscape pictures, I would carry 5D2+35L. But in many cases when I don't want to or cannot carry the bit DSLR, I bring this one.

PS: I did not get the 18-55 as it is too bulky.

100Pcs/lot ERASER CLEANER MAGIC MELAMINE SPONGE CLEANING 10x6x2CM
100Pcs/lot ERASER CLEANER MAGIC MELAMINE SPONGE CLEANING 10x6x2CM

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, January 25, 2014
For quality I would give it 3 star, but consider its price, I won't hesitate to give it 5 star.

I love magic eraser. But it cost close to $1 a piece and it is almost for one time use. When I use it I have to be careful not to tear it, try to prolong the life span, but, it still goes away fast. It is great to clean up, but it is just too expensive.

This is not a complete magic eraser substitute. It feels a little soft, compare to magic eraser, it feels like traditional sponge. It is is a little smaller, but that's not a problem. In everyday use, it lasts a a little longer, but, you have to rub a little harder to get the same result. But mostly it would get job done, just not as efficient as the orginal magic eraser. So I would give it 3-4 stars.

But it costs just one dime a piece, and some times less that that, I no longer worry that I have to throw it away frequently. I just keep pulling out new one from the 100pc package. For the same money for 100pc, I can only get 6 pieces of original magic eraser, so i won't hesitate to recommend it.

You might still want to keep a few pieces original magic eraser, but you definitely want to get 100pc for around ten bucks and just throw away when it is not in good shape, for just a dime.

PS: Shipping takes 15 days which is not bad.

AST Camera Case / Cover Bag + Strap for Canon EOS M with 22mm 22 mm Lens Brown
AST Camera Case / Cover Bag + Strap for Canon EOS M with 22mm 22 mm Lens Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, but (see details), September 26, 2013
It is for 22mm kit and provides good protection.

But it is too bulky, much more bulky than the case for 18-55mm lens kit. Also, it won't attach to camera through tripod hole. So if you want to take picture, you have to pull camera out of the case to shoot video.

I won't complain as my friend got if for me from China for just $7.5. For $22, you should expect a better one.

Canon EOS M 18.0 MP Compact Systems Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and EF-M 22mm STM Lens
Offered by 6ave
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $320.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I would like to give it 4 stars, but the price I paid add a star!, July 21, 2013
I bought my 1st DC (Nikon 990) in early 2000 and I started to use DSLR since 2004. After I made the switch, I never thought about a DC again as I prefer the picture quality and operation speed of a DSLR. However, I always dream of a DC type of camera, with DSLR quality. I tried the mirror-less in the market, they are OK, but not as good as I expected. The size is still not small enough. RX100 is an interesting camera but relatively small sensor and higher price stopped me. G1X is not small but spec is good enough. However, sluggish AF makes me to think about it again.

Recently I find more use of a phone as a camera. This makes me to think about a DC substitute again. I would like to get a RX1 but price is way too high. Well, at the right time, Canon released a new firmware to improve the AF and priced down the EOS-M. For just 299 bucks, I did not hesitate to get a 22mm kit.

After one week use, I think I can make some comment.

Firstly, who should buy this camera: Those moved from DC and would like to get better picture quality. They don't want to sacrifice the portability, and don't mind a prime lens (35/2 effectively). Or DSLR users who want a small DC with DSLR quality and don't mind sluggish performance.

What you get: a tiny (compare to DSLR) metal body with a APS-C sensor (very large, compare to DC), very good touch screen, camera, and a fast and surprisingly good 35/2 lens.

What you can expect: easy to use interface with touch screen DSLR level picture quality, better bokeh with f2 prime lens (compare to DC).

What are missing: view finder (some people might care, but I DON'T), no internal flash (should not be a deal breaker for 22mm f2 lens, but sometimes it could be annoying).

Now it is the deal breaker, for many people, including myself. If you are a DSLR user and looking for a DSLR substitute, don't expect too much. The performance is kind of between a 5D2 and old school 990. It takes more than a seconds to start, it takes 0.5 second to focus (it should be faster with 18-55 though). And shoot to shoot time is close to 2 seconds. So this is not a camera for sports. And it is not a camera for faster moving objects.

Video is on par with other DSLR's, easy to use, but AF sometimes hunts even with face lock (I really miss manual focus). I am still trying to find out how to control focus and I don't know how to use manual AF yet (I will update this review once I find out).

Touch screen is superb. I used Panasonic GF2 and the touch screen made me don't want to use it. But the touch screen on EOS-M is much like a 2 years old Android smart phone (not as responsive as a HTC One) but still very responsive. It is easy to use, you can control everything (Aperture, shutter speed, ISO, AF, picture quailty, P/A/T/M mode etc.). You can easily zoom in/out a picture with 2 fingers just like a smart phone. Kudos Canon.

The 22mm lens is also good. I have quite a few Canon primes including the 50L. the 22mm one has better build quality than 50/1.8. The center is really sharp at f2. Corner softness and purple fringe is not bad. F2 is very usable. The aperture has 7 blades, compare to the 5 blade 50/1.8, it has better bokeh, no annoying pentagon shaped dots anymore. The color is OK, typical prime lens, of course. IMO this lens worth at least $150.

My wish list: Please make AF as fast as a Nikon 1 or Sony NEX. Make manual AF easier and enable complete AF for video shooting. Reduce the start up time and shoot to shoot time. Add an internal flash. This would be a killer DC.

Bottom line: The camera is as good as I expected. I just wish it would be better. But, it is very capable as a back up camera for DSLR user. I can bring it with me when I hike with kids, go to parks with kids. I don't need to bring a large camera bag (5D2 with 35L is not small). It meets my expectation and price is superb. i cannot complain anything with it. So I give it 5 start. I only hope Canon can make EOS-M Mark II a killer mirror-less, but I guess you would have to pay 3x the price I paid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2013 1:04 PM PST

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Ink Blue (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)
Price: $39.99
20 used & new from $24.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, February 5, 2013
I always buy OEM official case, for kindles or ipads. This is my 3rd official kindle case and I like it. It fits KPW and the cover can be used as power button so I don't need to use that tiny and hard to press power button on KPW.

One thing I have to complain is, the back shell is TOO thick and heavy. I hope the shell would be thinner and cover is more stiff to provide more protection. KPW is slick, thin and light, but with case on, it is too heavy/thick. So one star less.

Bend, Not Break: A Life in Two Worlds
Bend, Not Break: A Life in Two Worlds
by Meimei Fox
Price: $15.88
137 used & new from $0.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Liar, why no ZERO star!, February 2, 2013
A book full of lies from a liar. She should be sued!

Anyone older than 30's, no matter if he is pro or anti communism, would agree with.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2013 11:56 AM PST

Dyson DC28 Animal
Dyson DC28 Animal
Offered by L&Y Business
Price: $553.00
8 used & new from $185.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but read on, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Dyson DC28 Animal (Kitchen)
Pros:
Bagless
Not too heavy (compare to my trusted Windtunnel)
Powerful sucking
I assume quality should be good as with 5 year warranty
No belt change

Cons:
No self propelling and pretty hard to push, at this price!
Pretty noisy
Plastic feeling which means cheap
Sucking power is on par with Windtunnel at best

I own a Windtunnel for 12 years, and it is still working after a few belt change and I decided it is time to shop for a new vacuum. I have hard floor on 1st floor and carpets in bedrooms. So I bought a Miele from Amazon for 1st floor and decided to get a Dyson due to good reviews.

But I am a little disappointed. Its sucking power is among the best, bagless is also good though I can live with bag changing as 3rd party bags is not expensive at all. But at this price it does not have self-propelling feature which makes it hard to use. Also plastic structure makes it feel easy to break.

It is powerful, but IMO it is on par with Hoover Windtunnel, bagless is good, and no belt change is plus. But does that worth 2x the price compare to a Windtunnel with self-propelling feature, I don't think so.

So 3 stars for it, one star less for its steep price and one star less for no self-propelling feature!

Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim-Fit Case for Apple iPad 2 - Crystal Clear
Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim-Fit Case for Apple iPad 2 - Crystal Clear
Offered by W2 Corporation
Price: $4.87
23 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars for a little more than two dollars, it betters those cost twenty, August 29, 2012
it fits new ipad, invisible, and it holds the smart cover so I no longer worry that kids lift the smart cover and drop the ipad. highly recommend to those who have only smart cover.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5