Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for BeeWee > Reviews

Browse

BeeWee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BeeWee RSS Feed (Hawaii)

Incase Pathway Field Bag Fits Up To 13-inch MacBook Pro MacBook Air CL60429 Olive by Incase Designs
Offered by 1to3shop-store
Price: $46.99
4 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shoulder bag for daily commute (with 13" laptop and iPad)!, May 28, 2015
This is, by far, the best laptop shoulder bag I've ever owned for daily commute and work needs. I've owned it for almost 2 years and it's also one of the most compact laptop bags I have. (I'd say I've bought 6-8 other laptop bags over the last 15 years.)

I originally admired this years ago at the Apple Store, but back then at $169, I couldn't justify the purchase. Found it and purchased years later on Amazon at about $85 and felt that was a great price. I've seen it now -2015- for as little as $45 (a steal)!

That said, this isn't the ideal travel bag, where you might need more room or more pockets to carry items for a longer trip.

What it does very well is keep my 13" Macbook Pro secure, with enough room for some other basic necessities (iPad or iPad mini, a Moleskin notebook & pens, my laptop charger, slim portable external hard drive, a few cables). This bag also has forced (or trained) me to pack lightly on a day-to-day basis, and therefore my shoulder and back appreciates this bag.

Other pros:
- the laptop sits vertically in the bag, and so the bag profile isn't wide, it's tall (easier for me over the shoulder)
- light-colored, nicely quilted/padded interior makes it much easier to find items (why go with a black interior?)
- magnetic clasps (not snap buttons, not velcro) are strong and secure, but easy to open/close
- extra exterior pockets (small items, magazines, even a small umbrella)
- single strap (only meant to sling over your right shoulder, so this could be a con for some)
- two zippered pockets on the inside secure smaller items
- high quality materials and construction (only slight wear and tear, and it ages well by my eye)
- looks great, clean simple design (and I still get asked and complimented about it)
- exterior material doesn't easily show dirt

Probably not great for carrying:
- laptop plus big bulky headphones
- laptop plus lots of papers or notebooks
- laptop and DSLR or large lens camera (unless it's super slim)
- water bottle(s) - maybe a small one squeezed in the outer pocket

I've used this for travel as an airline carry-on, but definitely not as the primary travel bag.
Overall, as a daily commute bag (and NOT for longer trips or carrying lots of items) I give it 5 stars.

mStand Laptop Stand
mStand Laptop Stand
Price: $42.95
73 used & new from $36.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly pricey, awesome stand. Perfect complement for Apple Macbook., May 21, 2015
Slightly pricey, but awesome, stable stand and minimal clean look is great compliment to my Apple Macbook.

Height is just about perfect and there's room underneath for my external hard drive.

The First Years Ignite Stroller, City Chic (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
The First Years Ignite Stroller, City Chic (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stroller, May 21, 2015
Love this stroller. We've been using this for a few years and it's our "go-to" travel stroller, even more practical than our (much more pricey, heavier and less compact) Bugaboo.

We have no regrets in taking this on long trips, airport check-ins are a breeze. And it's also great when we go to restaurants or other places that it can be folded up, and stand in a corner on it's own (you can apply the wheel's brakes), leaving a small footprint.

We love the zippered pouch pocket and cupholder near the handles.

Handle height is great for me (6'1") and my wife (5'7").

Bottom storage area provides plenty of room for our child's misc items.

For $59.99 on Amazon, this was an amazing deal. VERY HAPPY with this purchase, two years later!

EzFoto Dark Brown Simulated Leather Case for Fuji Fineix X100
EzFoto Dark Brown Simulated Leather Case for Fuji Fineix X100

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value alternative to more expensive Fuji x100 leather cases!, November 25, 2011
I've had this case for my Fuji x100 now for about two months and am very satisfied with it. I purchased my Fuji camera just before a big trip and wanted to get a 3rd party case for it. I looked at several leather case options, all of which were obviously more expensive. Since I wanted to really research those options well, and was running out of time before my trip, I opted to take a chance on this case as a "temporary" one. I figured I'd get a nicer, more expensive case later.

So during my 2.5 week trip, I found the case to work really well, be very well made (out of some decent quality vinyl or faux leather), and WELL WORTH the price I paid (which was just under $19.00 at the time via Amazon)!

So there are two main pieces to the case itself. The top piece attaches to the bottom piece via two snap buttons, and a magnetic piece embedded (and not visible) under the front lens area, to allow for easy opening and closing access to your camera. The top piece can be removed altogether, and you can simply carry the camera around with the included strap and the bottom half of the case. (I found this to be the usual method of toting the camera around while sightseeing.)

Overall, great fit for the Fuji x100, even when I added an adapter ring and a filter to the lens. I only wish there was an option for a case like this that could also accommodate the optional lens hood Rainbowimaging Combo (3-in-1) Filter Adapter Ring + Metal Lens Hood + 49mm Pro1D SMC UV Filter for Fuji X100, Replaces Fuji LH-X100 & AR-X100.

5-stars if it were a higher-quality material (like real leather), but otherwise a solid 4-star value for anyone looking for a decent quality way to protect their beloved Fuji x100. And if you can also get this for about $20, it's a no-brainer!

==========

UPDATE: 05/21/15

While the case still protects the camera, I've taken this case/camera with me everywhere and the vinyl (faux leather) brown covering is definitely wearing (or flaking/peeling) off around near the seams, and anywhere the case needs to bend (i.e. where the bottom buttons from the top half connect to the bottom half). Keep in mind I've had this almost 4 years.

The strap is suffering from the same wear and tear, especially the faux leather covering flaking/peeling off around where the strap meets my shoulder.

The inside of the case holds up amazingly well after all this time. It's a soft light brown suede-like material, and it's in near new condition after all this time, so I feel the camera itself has been nicely protected. (I keep the Filter Adapter Ring and 49mm UV filter on the camera all the time, so there is some slight wear inside the case where the lens is covered.)

Would I buy it again? Yeah. In fact I think I'm going to re-order this (still a deal at $19.99) and hope it lasts another 4 years.

Tamrac 3445 Rally 5 Camera/Netbook/iPad Bag (Brown/Tan)
Tamrac 3445 Rally 5 Camera/Netbook/iPad Bag (Brown/Tan)
Offered by TheImagingWorld
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A great travel bag for a camera (or two) plus an iPad (or two)!, November 25, 2011
I wanted something for travelling that could comfortably carry my Canon DSLR (EOS 7D) with the kit zoom lens (28-135mm), plus a 2nd smaller Canon 50mm lens, plus my iPad. And I didn't want a backpack, or a large messenger/duffel bag. In other words, I wanted to find the smallest, lightest option which could give me quick access to my gear.

At the moment, as far as I can tell, there aren't a *ton* of options that have a dedicated sleeve/area for iPad. But I'm sure that will change as the iPad is becoming increasingly popular.

Since purchasing the bag, I've actually been able to travel with the above mentioned gear, PLUS another camera (Fuji x100) AND a 2nd iPad (my wife's), all in this one bag. The inner compartment dividers are flexible and customizable enough for me to squeeze in both cameras, the extra lens and additional bits of gear. The flap opens at the top for pretty easy access to everything.

The inner vertical iPad slot actually was able to hold TWO iPads (one with the Apple iPad original case, the other iPad2 with a Smart Cover attached). It is a snug fit for 2 iPads, but, hey it works!

The outer back pocket was great for quick access for a magazine, guidebooks or maps, and the zippered front pocket area was great for carrying extra batteries, memory cards, chargers/travel European power adapters. There are also two side outer mesh pockets which, for me, held bottled water and snacks.

The wide strap has a nice padded shoulder piece, and the attached handle grip was handy (no pun intended) to have. I like the dimensions of this bag, and that it's smaller than the typical messenger bag or backpack.

I chose this brown color combination over the black one (which is also nice), simply because it was a little different than the typical black camera bag. (An unusual choice for me, as most all of my other luggage and bags are black, but I'm very glad that I didn't pick this one in black.) The exterior is very easy to wipe clean and doesn't stain easily.

What I don't care for is the velcro under the main flap. OK, so velcro is pretty commonplace and is handy at times. I found it very LOUD at times where I wanted to reach for my camera, while trying not to draw too much attention. It also cheapens the feel of the bag, in my opinion... I have another camera bag which has a little magnet sewn into the flap to keep it shut. The magnet is not strong enough to affect any electronics. And I've seen other bags that have an inner velcro flap-cover so you can have the option of "disabling" the velcro. (In fact I think I may modify the velcro swatch to accomplish this.)

So if not for the super loud (IMO) velcro, this would be a 5-star bag. Otherwise, I'm VERY satisfied with this purchase and have logged many miles with it thus far. Great value.

No Title Available

This review will focus mostly on the bag, as I rarely use the accessory package that came with it.

Fotodiox Inner Pinch Lens Cap, Lens Cover 49mm
Fotodiox Inner Pinch Lens Cap, Lens Cover 49mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Cap works well with my Fuji x100 + lens hood kit, November 25, 2011
I bought this via Amazon for under $1.00, and it works great with my Fuji x100 camera with my lens hood and 49mm adapter ring, plus Tiffen 49mm filter all in place.

The version which shipped looks slightly different than the image pictured on this listing, but functions very well.

Plus, for only about a buck, how can you beat it? I couldn't find anything like this at my local camera shop or big box retailer, at any close price!

Timex Men's T2N647 "Weekender" Watch with Black Nylon Strap
Timex Men's T2N647 "Weekender" Watch with Black Nylon Strap
Offered by AreaTrend
Price: $30.81
34 used & new from $28.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Understated timeless design + Indiglo = perfect casual watch!, November 25, 2011
I originally bought this watch and the nearly identical Timex Men's T2N649KW Weekender Gray and Orange Watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and it is one of my favorite watches. (See my other review on the grey watch elsewhere.) I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

I love the detailing of the strap bands as well, with the two metal bands that keep the excess strap in place. (These are typically the flimsy bands that wear down on my other watchbands - not a chance here!) The fact that the bands are easily interchangeable and replaced inexpensively is a bonus. You can easily change up the look of your watch.

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: one with the grey face (T2N649KW), this one with the black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 11:39 AM PDT

RainbowImaging Combo (3-in-1) Adapter Ring + Metal Lens Hood + Metal Lens Cap for Fuji FINEPIX X100, replaces FUFJIFILM AR-100 Adapter & LH-X100 Lens Hood

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value alternative to the (expensive) Fuji LH-X100, November 25, 2011
Yes, it's an inexpensive 3rd party clone. (I purchased this via Amazon for $21.) But I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, fit, and most importantly, the really good color match of the metal finish of the hood and adapter to the Fuji x100's own metal color. (I had read other reviews of similar products and was prepared to live with a compromise of a "not-quite-matching" finish. Not the case here - it looks great!)

I was also really pleased to know that this adapter ring works well with this inexpensive 3rd party filter Tiffen 49mm UV Protection Filter, which I purchased for $3, simply to protect the Fuji lens. Again, this wasn't entirely clear to me reading other product reviews for similar hood-and-adapter-ring combos -- whether or not I'd need to choose between using the filter or hood, OR being able to use both together. Answer: YES, with this product, you can use BOTH the Tiffen 49mm filter at the same time as the hood, which screws on last.

The metal lens cap would have been a much better design WITHOUT the "FUJIFILM X100" etched onto it, which, in my opinion, cheapens the look of an otherwise decently simple cap. This etched text, along with the fact that it is a "screw-on" lens cap, is the only reason this product combo gets a 4-star rating instead of a 5-star. (I don't use this cap, but instead prefer this Fotodiox Inner Pinch Lens Cap (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KETDW0) which I ordered via Amazon for $1!)

So, the only downside is that you can't use Fuji's very nice OEM metal lens cap while this product combo is attached to your x100. And you can't use it with a typical leather or faux-leather case (like this one I bought via Amazon - EzFoto Dark Brown Simulated Leather Case for Fuji Fineix X100 - while the hood is on.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with the look, finish and fit of the Adapter Ring and Lens Hood. I get a lot of comments and compliments with the Fuji x100 anyway, but when the hood is attached, it attracts a lot of interest and compliments, especially from other camera/gadget geeks like me.

For under $22 bucks, this deal can't be beat!

Timex Unisex T2N649 "Weekender" Watch with Gray and Orange Nylon Strap
Timex Unisex T2N649 "Weekender" Watch with Gray and Orange Nylon Strap
Offered by AreaTrend
Price: $34.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic looks + clean design + timeless typography + Indiglo = amazing value., November 25, 2011
I originally bought this watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and since then it has barely left my wrist. I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: This understated design with the grey face (T2N649KW), one with a black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?