Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for V. Carpenter > Reviews

Browse

V. Carpenter's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

V. Carpenter RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I Think My Facebook Friend Is Dead (Amazon Studios)
I Think My Facebook Friend Is Dead (Amazon Studios)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really creative, fun & entertaining!, February 3, 2012
Just finished watching. Overall it was a very creative, fun and entertaining film. Really great job on such a low budget, heck even better than alot of large budget films out there. Storyline was believable, the audience (majority of us either partake in Facebook, Farmville, or at the very least have heard of them) can relate to it and it's a clean movie with a happy ending. I rate it two thumbs up! The other reviewer that complained about the black limo with the thug rolling up in the beginning should have given the movie a chance because it actually relates to the real character in the movie. Once you get to the end the beginning pairs in line perfectly when you see who the villian is IRL. I wish that Farmville was more playful like that in actuality (I'm a Farmville player myself). Great cast of characters, Mo Bu (sp!) was great (adorable), the interaction between all the characters flowed nicely. Give this movie a chance. Really liked the soundtrack as well, nicely done, A+!

Dangerous Beauty
Dangerous Beauty
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Entertaining, teasing, romantic movie!, January 12, 2012
This review is from: Dangerous Beauty (Amazon Video)
I was pleasantly suprised to see several well known actors in this one. Yes, it is a chick flick romance movie. It has a nice storyline, keeps your interest and the actors/actresses draw you in that you can feel their emotions. A sweet story starting out with two lovers destined to be together but their social rankings keep them apart. Love however triumphs with a very happy ending. I would definitely recommend this and I would watch it again and again. I love Jane Austin stories/movies and (minus the cortesan storyline) this is right up there with them.

Good Dick
Good Dick
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Good Dick (Amazon Video)
This was a chick flick (no guy would sit through this). The movie itself is incomplete. The ending creeps up on you and just leaves you hanging. Sure it kept my interest and I kept wondering WTH the main character hadn't just left the psycho chick yet (obviously he's a leech in it for the shelter). Had they flipped the movie and taken the ending portion of the story and stuck it in the middle of the movie it would have made more sense and been the climax point, then tack on the usual sappy love story romance toward the end after she turns around. The cover to this Amazon Instant video is very deceiving, no idea where this image came from but it was nowhere in the movie (the male character touching the female character in this loving glance is nowhere to be found anywhere!). The female character is more like a rabbid dog waiting to attack if he were to touch her like this as portrayed on the cover.

The Change-Up
The Change-Up
DVD ~ Ryan Reynolds
Price: $3.74
158 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Change of pace, loved it!, November 18, 2011
This review is from: The Change-Up (DVD)
Are ya'll kidding me? How anyone could not like this movie is beyond me. I loved it! It's a great change of pace to have 2 men switch bodies. These are two of my favorite actors and at first I wasn't expecting much when I first started watching but there were times I literally burst out LOL! C'mon this is a classic "chick flick" and if it weren't for the full $19.99 price on it I would buy it today. I will definitely be purchasing this one to add to my movie collection as soon as the price drops on it. Ryan Reynold's and Jason Bateman did a terrific job switching roles (especially in the beginning). I liked Olivia Wilde from watching House, M.D. and she did a good job in this as well. Fun comedy with some really funny scenes. Love it & highly recommend it!

The Hot Girl's Friend (The Flirts! Short Stories Collections Book 1)
The Hot Girl's Friend (The Flirts! Short Stories Collections Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute short story!, September 20, 2011
This is such a cute short story. It reminds me alot of the movie "The Truth about Cats and Dogs". Smart and witty brunette with the attractive tall blonde ditzy friend. The characters are very likeable and I was left wanting more. Now I'm downloading some of her other short stories in hopes that their just as good as this one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Discontinued!, September 24, 2008
I have worn this Vanity Fair 75-134 styly bra for YEARS!!! I have tried many other brands and styles and I always resort back to this one. What I want to know is WTF did the company discontinue this style in Black?!? WTH are we supposed to buy now to replace this bra in black? I'm down to my last black one and needless to say it's on it's last living run and will need to be replaced soon. I plan on contacting the company in the next day or two about this. I've searched high & low online and the black is NOWHERE to be found. I feel like Peg Bundy in that episode where her favorite bras were discontinued and AL drove to several towns before finally finding it for her.

Shelcore - Deluxe Teether Set
Shelcore - Deluxe Teether Set

5.0 out of 5 stars 9.5 mth. old LOVES this teether!, May 21, 2008
DHL dropped off our Shelcore vibrating teether set. I'm LMAO at my 9.5mth. old baby boy. I washed the teethers and gave him the vibrating one. He's getting a kick out of this thing. Normally I give him a teether (have several different kinds) and he'll chew on one for a few min. then just toss it in the floor. It's now been 10-15 min. and he is NOT putting this thing down. He puts the vibrating side in his mouth (AHM! clamps down and just kinda grins while making it vibrate in his mouth). Takes it out, looks at it for a sec., puts it back in (chomps down on it fast), and does this over and over. He's getting the biggest kick out of this slight vibration. I called my dh to lol & tell him about it, he said that it prob. gives our baby that vibrate noise in his mouth/head (think Chester Cheetah~ "iiiieeeieieieieieieieiiiii").

Definitely worth the few bucks I spent on it and so far seems to be his favorite teether at the moment.

Rachael Ray Brick Garbage Bowl
Rachael Ray Brick Garbage Bowl

3.0 out of 5 stars Garbage Bowl idea is great!, March 13, 2008
I love the idea of a Garbage bowl when I was watching an episode of Rachael Ray cooking up something tasty. I have used a bowl for "garbage" every since. However, unless you're just a fan of RR and want something that has her name on it or something that she endorses I can't see paying any $ for a new bowl to use for garbage. I have various stainless steel bowls in my kitchen, I just grab a bowl from out of our cupboard to use as a garbage bowl. It saves time when you're cooking to have a bowl to toss in scraps, egg shells, plastic wraps, etc.. and then dumping the "garbage" out when you're done preparing your meal.

To the poster who wrote a review saying to just go to the garbage can this is the entire idea of a garbage bowl. Instead of making dozens of trips to the garbage can while you're preparing your meal you simply use any bowl as a garbage bowl, when you're finished preparing your meal, go dump the bowl contents into the garbage can. When you're chopping veggies, trimming the fat off of meat, etc. it just saves you time from running back and forth (not to mention washing your hands after each time you touch your trash can if you don't have a trashcan with a step lever).

Kuhn Rikon Epicurean Garlic Press
Kuhn Rikon Epicurean Garlic Press
Price: $22.79
26 used & new from $21.94

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST! ***** 5 STARS! *****, March 13, 2008
I purchased this Kuhn Rikon garlic press several years ago from my local Le Gourmet Chef outlet store. My inlaws thought I was nuts for paying $50+ for this garlic press. I was sick and tired of going through cheap garlic presses having them break and fall apart so I finally bit the bullet and purchased this one. It is by far worth every penny I spent on it! I love it! It is a nice, solid, heavy garlic press. You won't be disappointed in the least. I highly recommend it. If you're unsure about spending this much on a garlic press let me be the first to tell you that it really will last years! I use mine regularly and it is still as perfect as the day I purchased it. To wash it I pop it in the top rack of my dishwasher (put the handles in the open position so that the entire thing gets washed). Another plus to this press is that the piece of metal where the clove touches & presses through flips up so that you just wipe off the leftover clove (unlike other presses where you have to dig out the leftover clove). I HIGHLY recoomend this press & would rate it higher stars if I could.

Hasbro Playskool T.J. Bearytales Animated Plush Bear
Hasbro Playskool T.J. Bearytales Animated Plush Bear
Offered by LAGinnovations
Price: $158.35
45 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute & entertaining item, January 2, 2008
TJ is a cute and entertaining bear. I agree about his speech, it's a bit muffled but still easy to understand. I purchased TJ for our baby boy (he's about 6 months old now) because I love reading to him and he seems to like when I make silly sounds/etc. when reading to him). I thought he would really like TJ and so far he seems to like him. However, I would hold off paying full price and wait until you can catch them on sale at TRU or Kohls. I purchased our TJ for $19.99 online from Target during their toy sale before Christmas. Kohls has had them marked down to $20 online as well. I definitely wouldn't pay Amazon's full asking price but for $20 he's a good buy. The books are a bit expensive, I purchased a total of 14 books here/there, but if you go to Hasbro's website you can get some good deals on them there (esp. when they run their toy sales online). Overall TJ is cute, entertaining and very animated.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3