Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for Ink > Reviews

Browse

Ink's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ink RSS Feed

The Winter Sea
The Winter Sea
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to research the 1708 rising., December 7, 2011
This review is from: The Winter Sea (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I know a little, very little, about the Scottish struggles for independence from some other reading I've done but nothing at all about this period. After reading "The Winter Sea" I feel as though I should be looking more deeply into James the Pretender, his court in exile and his attempts to claim the throne of Scotland. Author Kearsley drew me in with vivid descriptions of present day and past Cruden Bay, interesting characters both real and imagined, likable and not so much, and an excellent story that brought history to life.

The Kindle version was well done, with few errors, contrary to others I've purchased.

"War Brides"
"War Brides"

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Terrible Editing, August 21, 2011
This review is from: "War Brides" (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book pretty well but have some negative comments.

I became engrossed in the separate stories of the women and was happy to find out what happened to them in later life, however the ending seemed like the author ran out of steam. She wrapped everything up, I guess, but left an opening for the women to find out that some people were alive who had been believed to have died, some were dead who might be alive, somewhere there was someone's child no one knew about and, oh, the bad guy was the obvious bad guy.

The editing was atrocious. I suppose for $.99 I shouldn't expect much but yikes! There were passages that were indecipherable. Even cheap books should be readable, Amazon.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2015 11:01 AM PDT