Profile for d3tH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

d3tH RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Diamond TVW750USB ATI Theater HD 750 USB TV Tuner
Diamond TVW750USB ATI Theater HD 750 USB TV Tuner
Price: $33.33
89 used & new from $30.69

4.0 out of 5 stars I had no issues, September 17, 2010
I downloaded the current drivers prior to receiving the tuner, as suggested in other reviews. Windows 7 x64 Ult. seen it right off.

I don't care for the media viewer they provide. Looking at the pictures, I knew the remote was gonna irritate me, so I also purchased an MCE remote. The thing works perfect with Windows Media Center here.

Ortek Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $16.90
8 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars bleh, September 16, 2010
It took me some time to realize changing channels with the # pad, for over the air, for channel 5.1, 5*1 and enter, the mouse is a little laggy, but overall it works here, win 7 x64.

Corsair 60 GB Reactor Series TRIM Supported 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive (SSD) CSSD-R60GB2-BRKT
Price: $199.99
2 used & new from $195.00

3.0 out of 5 stars 60gb Reactor, July 10, 2010
I had trouble getting Windows 7 x64 installed (Vista too). Corsair's tech support over the phone gave me an email address, they never emailed me back.

The solution seems to be that the drive must be plugged into sata 1 or 2 and the motherboard must be set to IDE raid mode. Windows will not run in AHCI mode without a registry change, the registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci there is a key called 'start' the value was set to 3, changed it to 0, now Windows will load with AHCI enabled on the motherboard (ahci allows for hot swapping of sata drives).
I was using a sata II drive for Windows, the windows experience index went from 5.4 to 6.9. with a very fast boot time. Linux Ubuntu x64 has a very incredible boot time.

Overall I am very pleased with the improvement of Windows performance. The seq read speeds have benchmarked (using Crystal Disk Mark 3) at 220.9 MB/s, the write speeds are not a high as a more expensive drive, 107 MB/s,. For the price with the rebate (if it comes) it is well worth it tho.

The other reviewer was having trouble with the drive, I have not had that issue of the drive needing to be unplugged for the bios to see it.

Only 3 stars because Corsair's tech support seems non existent.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2011 6:54 AM PDT

Philips DVP5992 1080p HDMI Upscaling DVD Player with USB 2.0 and DivX Ultra
Philips DVP5992 1080p HDMI Upscaling DVD Player with USB 2.0 and DivX Ultra
5 used & new from $39.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Video, May 28, 2009
Read the other reviews, a few are spot on.

I flashed it to get long file names, yes ac3 audio and 780 will lock it up and you need to unplug it.

Other than that, I'm very pleased, does play avi/divx and about any disc I toss in there. I really like the USB port, I can put all kinds of video on an external. I think I read the disc has to be fat32, that I don't really care for.

Overall, it does what it claims it'll do.

Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with   Core i7 and Core i5
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Core i7 and Core i5

5.0 out of 5 stars Power, May 28, 2009
I purchased this a few months ago so I can SLI two video cards. I have a mid-tower case, and there is almost too much cord for it. It runs quiet and I have had not problems with it. It was on sale for $80 when I got it and am happy with it.

I like the connectors, they give you something to grab onto. I also noticed the sata connections seem tight, on my old power supply they were loose and sloppy and you'd have to be careful you dint unplug a drive by accident.

I am pleased enough that I am considering buying corsair SLI memory.

22.5" Charcoal Kettle Charcoal Grill
22.5" Charcoal Kettle Charcoal Grill

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, May 28, 2009
Was weary of this BBQ for the price. It came on time, the box was a little beat up and taped together.

All the parts were there, easy to put together. I was shocked, solid metal. Sure glad I shopped till I found this one. Came to $60 with shipping, but worth every cent.

Saitek R660GT Force Feedback Wheel (PW12U)
Saitek R660GT Force Feedback Wheel (PW12U)

4.0 out of 5 stars Saitek Tech Support, May 28, 2009
I had trouble with this wheel. In games such as need for speed series, I could not set the controls, the menu would scroll to the bottom. Race Driver GRID was just undriveable. The games I did get to work were a blast.

I emailed Saitek and received a quick response. 'downloaded DXTweak. The link says DXTweak V2, You actually get version 4.30.229.'
Set Brake to Min 0, Cen 512, Max 1024
Set Gas to Min O, Cen 256, Max 512

It worked! Everyone who has tried it just laughs, I feel I got my moneys worth.

Cons: I don't care for the ethernet cable from the pedals to the the wheel, it could have had a connection on both ends, could be trouble if it breaks, same as with the usb from the wheel, a cord that unplugs would be better. What if my box was farther away? For these reasons, only 4 stars.

Pros: I had no problem installing Saitek software/drivers on Vista x64