Profile for Pot3ntial > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pot3ntial RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2
The Foolish Tortoise (The World of Eric Carle)
The Foolish Tortoise (The World of Eric Carle)
by Richard Buckley
Edition: Board book
Price: $7.19
107 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible message for children. What was he thinking???, July 12, 2014
This story is about a "foolish" tortoise that is unhappy with his station in life and tries to make a change to improve his lot. This could have led to a great message about self-improvement and self-development but instead the tortoise is called "foolish," and is put back in his place through unceasing failings during his little exploration. Instead of becoming motivated to develop his skills, he grows frustrated that he'll never be as fast or good as the other animals and finally goes home and crawls back into his shell.

I suppose you could interpret the story as a warning to not make big decisions without thinking through the consequences, but as we interpreted it, the message is defeatist and teaches kids to not be adventurous, and never leave what's comfortable for them or try new things. The main character even says "I wish I had not been so bold." If that's the message you want to give your kids, go ahead, but we instantly lost respect for the friends that gifted (re-gifted) this book to us as a baby gift. Complete rubbish.

Schwinn 20-Inch Loop Folding Bike, Black
Schwinn 20-Inch Loop Folding Bike, Black
Price: $207.05
5 used & new from $207.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike, good price, June 10, 2014
This is the newest model of the Schwinn Loop, and in a better color than the green one that Amazon sells. Why Amazon doesn't sell this model directly with prime is beyond me.

The bike arrived quickly, Is very easy to assemble and figure out. It folds down in less than a minute, but there is nothing included to hold the tires together when folded, so you need to have a bungi cord that you can use when you ride the train etc. The brakes came loose, but after watching some youtube videos it should be easy to fix.

For this price point, this is probably the best entry level folding bike you're going to find. A+.

U.S. Polo Assn. Men's Twill Cargo Short
U.S. Polo Assn. Men's Twill Cargo Short
Price: $16.99 - $30.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Shrink on wash., May 18, 2014
These were the perfect shorts upon arrival. But after my wife washed and dried them the first time they have all shrunken considerably to the point that wearing them is not really an option unless I want to look like a school boy. A real shame.

Canon PIXMA MX432 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Canon PIXMA MX432 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Offered by Dream in Red House
Price: $109.00
22 used & new from $40.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Jams Constantly, have to feed paper manually sheet by sheet!, May 11, 2014
This is the worst printer I've ever owned. I bought it because of the great Amazon reviews and couldn't be more disappointed. It jams paper all the time, literally 30 percent of the print jobs jam. And then once you have a jam, the machine doesn't open the tray from the front. No, you have to pull the machine out of its cubby on your furniture, lift it off the ground, pop the back tray off, and contort your neck and limbs to extract the jammed paper. And after doing this so many times, the machine has now stopped being able to feed paper to itself for print jobs, so now we have to insert each page of a print job one by one into the printer. This defeats the entire purpose of a wireless printer.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. We will never buy a canon product again.

simplehuman Profile Step Trash Can, Brushed Stainless Steel, 10 Liters / 2.6 Gallons
Price: $29.99
5 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., February 3, 2014
Perfectly hides smells, Perfectly uses grocery bags, Perfectly operating foot switch. Perfect trash can for cat litter and diapers. We ordered a second one.

Bose IE2 audio headphones
Bose IE2 audio headphones
15 used & new from $65.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable Wears Fast, Then They Break., February 3, 2014
I got these and thought they were the best headphone purchase I ever made. They were comfortable, fit great, and had wonderful sound. But then after a few months the cables began to get discolored, then they began to separate from the earpieces revealing exposed wires. I placed some electrical tape over the wires to hide this and try to protect the connection but these things finally gave out and now the right ear piece doesn't work.

For $130 one would expect that headphones would not fall apart with normal casual use. In fact, Bose only needed to choose a cable material that would not randomly dissolve when exposed to air and they failed at that task. If you are okay having to replace these every 1-2 years, go ahead, But for this amount I expect the product to last for a decade.

JW Pet Company Canvas Butterfly with Door Knob Teaser Catnip Toy
JW Pet Company Canvas Butterfly with Door Knob Teaser Catnip Toy
Price: $9.46
4 used & new from $3.46

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within 30 minutes., January 7, 2014
Cats loved it. But our fat cat broke the metal rod holding it to the door within 30 minutes. So we detached the remaining metal wire and now they just use it as a regular toy, but while it was attached it was a fantastic toy. If your cat isn't super strong and super stupid, then this could be great. Otherwise, wait until the company makes the metal wire stronger.

Winter 2ply Cable Knit Jeep Beanie Viisor Skull Newsboy Cabbie Ski Hat Cap Black
Offered by SK HAT SHOP
Price: $7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Lopsided fold over the brim., January 2, 2014
I used to have a large black Newsboy wool cap from this company that looked great and I loved. I loved it so much I ordered it again when I lost my first one. But for some reason they discontinued that color and only offer this model now.

It is very snug on my head whereas the picture seemed like there might be some space like my old hat. But the biggest complaint is that the folded material that goes over the brim is not symmetrical, so it looks sloppy and lopsided. It's a decent hat and is stylish enough for a man, but I wouldn't order it again.

Photive iPad Air Smart Case. Lightweight Smart Cover Case for the New iPad Air with Built in Stand. Front Back Protection for the iPad Air With Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature)
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $19.95
14 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPad Air case on Amazon., January 2, 2014
This is the one. I was going to order one of the top two rated cases in the search results before finding this case mentioned on the web as the best iPad air case. Boy am I glad I did. This is the lightest and most professional iPad case I've seen on the market and it comes at an affordable price. It looks great, shipped quickly, and the magnet is very strong. Highly recommend.

Delta Bicycle Strapless Toe Clips
Delta Bicycle Strapless Toe Clips
Price: $10.95
3 used & new from $10.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Great clips, but broke after 2 months., September 26, 2013
Yesterday when riding the pedal touched the ground and the plastic around the screw hole broke through and the clip came off in the middle of a busy road. Clearly, it is worth investigating different toe clips for my next purchase (but I may just try these again). But other than that, they fit well, and were flexible enough to be comfortable. They are a bit shallow at the opening which makes it hard to get your foot in easily. I like that they are strapless so if I had an accident I could get my foot out without a problem.

Page: 1 | 2