Profile for Cormac Mac > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cormac Mac "Crime king" RSS Feed (London)

The Signal Block and Other Tales
The Signal Block and Other Tales
by Frank Duffy
Price: $12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Frighteningly fantastic., January 30, 2014
a beautiful collection of dark stories told by an original voice not afraid to take chances. Each story from Duffy is told in his unique writing and disturbing imagination. He is a master at pulling you in from the very beginning, and refusing to let go until each climatic ending.

No One To Hear You Scream
No One To Hear You Scream
by Julia Madeleine
Price: $15.26
15 used & new from $11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, October 25, 2011
Bought this after hearing crime writer Sam Millar giving it an excellent review. The plotting of the book was outstanding. Very creepy atmosphere and dread. The characters are very original, and not the usual two-dimensional we normally come across in these type of books. I'll certainly be looking out for more of Julia Madeleine books in the future. I might even get a Kindle for Christmas to read them on!

Noir Nation: International Crime Fiction No. 1
Noir Nation: International Crime Fiction No. 1
Price: $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Noir, September 25, 2011
This has everything in it, including kangaroos and snakes used as weapons. Very original as well as compelling, if slightly bizarre at times. This was sent to me by a friend for my birthday! He said I had a warped sense of humour, a bit like most of the writers in this anthology. Plus Irish crime king, Sam Millar, said he loved it. It must be sick!

Kiss Me or Die
Kiss Me or Die
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Kiss Me or Die (Kindle Edition)
Read this after hearing that crime writer Sam Millar had recommended it, and that was good enough for me. Not the usual type of book I go for, but I wasn't disappointed. This is a fast paced riveting novel with rich complex characters, a powerful plot line, and strong writing. Buy it.

Thorn in My Side
Thorn in My Side
by Sheila Quigley
15 used & new from $1.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Thorn in My Side (Hardcover)
Shelia Quigley is one of the most underrated crime writers out there. Thorn in My Side is an excellent crime book with all the ingredients of film noir movie. Terrific.