Profile for N22Tango > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N22Tango "Film tonight at 10" RSS Feed (Central, TEXAS)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Dorcy 41-1071 180-Degree Wireless Motion Sensing LED Flood Light, 120-Lumens, Black Finish
Price: $17.16
47 used & new from $17.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, but cheaply made from our friends in CHINA!, September 20, 2014
I bought three of these at first to help illuminate a few dark spots on a ranch we have, and these lights work so well (wow they are bright) that I bought 3 more. They almost look like security cameras having either wifi or cellular connection capability and I installed three near our gate on the highway to illuminate and possible deter scoundrels from coming onto our property.

One word of caution though, like a lot of stuff being made in China, these lights are cheaply made. Very thin plastic inside the housing serves to hold the batteries (it takes three D cells) and I broke one of the tiny tabs that help clip and hold the lid onto the battery compartment and which serve as a way for all the batteries to connect to provide the 4.5 volts that power the light. There is no way to repair this cheap plastic when broken (and trust me, they are easy to break) and probably if the batteries need replacing in the dead of winter, the plastic when cold will probably break even easier, so be gentle as possible when changing the batteries. Other than being made in China and very cheaply at that, I like these lights a lot.

Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement Kodra Nylon Web Deluxe Inner Duty Belt (Medium, Black)
Price: $15.23
11 used & new from $11.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy to live with, August 30, 2014
Perfect work belt, comfortable and easy to get into the loops on my blue jeans even having arthritis in my hands. I was hoping since this belt has no metal in it that I could easily pass through the TSA inspections at airports, but they still make you take this belt off. However, this belt is much easier to slip on and off than my old buckle style with the metal clasp.

American flag sun shade. Keep your car cool with an American sun shade
American flag sun shade. Keep your car cool with an American sun shade
Offered by Designcovers
Price: $16.25
2 used & new from $13.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Tear-ible product, August 30, 2014
Lasted 4 weeks, then started splitting at the folds and the long tears in the material started getting worse.

HD Spy Pen Hidden Camera Camcorder Mini DV DVR Video Business Portable Recorder
HD Spy Pen Hidden Camera Camcorder Mini DV DVR Video Business Portable Recorder
Offered by iCrown Direct
Price: $9.99
34 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars #1. Some guy in China (while he was in ..., August 30, 2014
#1. Some guy in China (while he was in a bar and drunk) wrote the instruction manual on a cocktail napkin and the same night, mailed the cocktail napkin to a print shop.
#2. Some other guy in another part of China at a print shop in the woods, printed the "instructions" a on a very small piece of paper, the information that the drunk guy in China wrote, and the guy at print shop used the smallest font in the world in order to squeeze all the convoluted instructions onto the small piece of paper.
#3. This device is not recognized by my iMac running OS 10.9.4 and thus, this Spy Pen is totally worthless, unless you have a PC and your eyesight is as keen as that of a eagle.

(UPDATE... This device IS recognized on our Dell PC but the files will not open and it has now made our PC run very slow. If I were you, please understand that a lot of people have written ONE STAR reviews here on Amazon about this worthless product and save yourself grief and agony and keep your money AND DO NOT BUY THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK MADE IN CHINA...)

GE WattStation Wall Mount EV Charger - Indoor, Hardwired (7.2kW Level-2)
GE WattStation Wall Mount EV Charger - Indoor, Hardwired (7.2kW Level-2)
Offered by GE Industrial Solutions
Price: $599.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Grief Exasperation (stay away from GE), August 29, 2014
(PLEASE NOTE ON 9-20 I HAVE EDITED MY REVIEW... I would have rated 5 stars but they get knocked down one star because of their "MENU FROM HELL"... I Finally got my replacement GE WattStation. It was like pulling teeth going through GE Resloves toll free number and then their "Menu From Hell. They finally sent me a replacement WattStation by FedEx ground and I packed up the dead WattStation in the box that the new one came in and GE paid to have it returned, but I had to call them and get their shipping account number for Federal Express. I had to go though their "phone menu from Hell a 5th time to speak to someone to the the account number and off it went. About 9 days later, GE Resolve sends me an email reading "Your defective unit has not been received... I'd call them and give them the FedEx tracking number, but I don't want to go through the "phone menure from Hell" ever again. I'd send then an email with the tracking number, but GE does not communicate two-ways with customers in this manner. Any email you get from GE Resolve has a warning that you can not send them an email back... The only thing you as a customer can do is to call them, and go through HELL with their selections of numbers on which department to contact. If you ever need to call them, make sure you have had a lot of coffee, and a pencil and paper to write down what selections of number you need to push on your phone so you can actually speak to a human being... My new GE WattStation is finally installed and I LOVE THIS CHARGER... I hate the MENU FROM HELL though.)

I have two of these. Yes, they are large, but they are very robust in the way they are constructed. They probably would work well and be reliable in a war zone for our troops. One of my GE WattStations I have installed at a ranch I have 45 miles away and the other one is in my garage at home. 20 months after my first one was installed by an electrician, the WattStation died. I had the electrician come back out to trouble-shoot and everything is fine on the wire side and the internal fuses inside the GE WattStation are good. BEWARE... Although my WattStation failed and I have contacted GE five times, even if you have evidence of your receipt and the receipt from your electrician. I talked to someone named Mark at GE, he took my e-mail address, sent me an e-mail asking for the serial number and a few other details and I sent the info back. No word from them. I called and spoke to a second GE rep, gave him my service number Mark provided and still no resolution. The GE Warranty is a a pain, but they do honor the three year warranty.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 7:20 AM PDT

Miniature Single Lens Full HD 1080p Dashcam with GPS - Mini0801
Miniature Single Lens Full HD 1080p Dashcam with GPS - Mini0801
Offered by OKiDEAL
Price: $63.32
20 used & new from $63.32

4.0 out of 5 stars A guy in a bar in Shanghai translated the manual from Chinese into English and he had too much to drink that night!, August 1, 2014
Although a drunk guy in a bar made the translation from Chinese to English late one night on a napkin and the print shop in China decided to make the manual as small as a postage stamp, the engineer in China who designed this little camera did his homework and he/she made a great little dash-cam!

I have a problem with cameras (I love dash cams and have a collection of them) and I have to admit I am enamored with this little rascal for several reasons.

1st and foremost, this camera is the best one I have for attaching to the windshield in my car without making a big blind spot. It is a "demure" little camera and so small, it might fool you in regard to what it can do and the quality of the picture it makes. Although this camera is "HD" the video quality might be a tad less than true HD but the average motorist really won't see the detail and besides, we all buy these things thinking if we get into an accident, we just need some footage to show to a police officer (or a trial jury) and all they need to see is the other guy running a red light or stop sign and the jury won't be trying to measure lines of resolution or evaluating the contrast ratio.

Using the supplied double-sided sticky pad that comes with this camera, I placed mine just a smidgeon below and to the left of the rear view mirror on my windshield. It's easy to see and I can access the several buttons on the backside where the small LCD screen is located.

The LCD screen (while small) offers really good clarity of the road scene that the camera is capturing. Note, that you can depress one of the buttons near the LCD screen to take a looksie of what the camera is recording but shortly, the screen goes back to black (like most dash cams I have used).

This dashcam, unlike all my others, has a pre-installed memory and basically you don't really need to insert a mini-memory card, unless you are bent on recording you entire road trip to grandma's house on the opposite side of the USA. If you install this camera for liability concerns, the built-in memory is all you need because the camera will start recording over old footage that you captured early in your trip. If you do get into an accident, just make certain you turn this camera off so that it won't keep recording and then shoot over the scene of an accident that you might wish to preserve.

The manual is terrible! If you are a Baby Boomer like me (needing a large print Bible) you'll go nuts trying to read the small print. And, you'll also go nuts trying to understand the darned manual because I suspect when the guy who translated it from Chinese into English was in a bar in Shanghai and had way too much to drink as he was explaining the functions of how this little jewel works. Don't worry though, the camera is fairly easy to figure out and if I was able to set the time and date, you will be able to set this camera up too.

One thing to also note... when I ordered this camera, I saw the words "GPS" associated with the description here on Amazon. I thought I was going to get a snazzy Google Maps view of where my car was driving, like a more expensive "VisionDrive VD-8000HDS I have (the roads show up on the VisionDrive when the memory card is downloaded into my computer, and with this camera, only the Latitude/Longitude is displayed, which means very little to the average person who knows nothing about "Lat/Long" as a pilot or military person might understand.

Bottom line, I'm delighted with my purchase (so much in fact that I probably will buy another one to put in my back window) but just be advised about that drunk translator in Shanghai who explains in the manual, "gobblygook" about how this camera works.

Thera-Band Foot Roller
Thera-Band Foot Roller
Offered by Vesalius Health
Price: $9.81
29 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars It provided me great relief from my recent foot injury and keeping this ..., July 30, 2014
This review is from: Thera-Band Foot Roller (Sports)
It provided me great relief from my recent foot injury and keeping this in the freezer before each use added to my comfort.

Tweez'em Stainless Steel Ingrown Hair , Splinter Tweezer By Majestic Bombay
Tweez'em Stainless Steel Ingrown Hair , Splinter Tweezer By Majestic Bombay
Offered by Majestic Bombay
Price: $8.50
2 used & new from $8.50

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't get the point of thes tweezers like I used to with my old ones made in Italy, July 30, 2014
I've had better tweezers that work better than these, but I think my old ones were made in Italy and were aligned at the tips better than these, which I suspect are made in China. The tips don't align up as good as they can for gripping hair or splinters, but they can do the job with repeated attempts when placing them at the source.

The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot,Black,9 M US Mens/10 M US Womens
The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot,Black,9 M US Mens/10 M US Womens
Price: $99.99
11 used & new from $99.90

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots made for walkin', July 30, 2014
I got so tired of getting wet feet each each morning when I stepped out into my year and did chores and those days are gone now that I have a pair of MuckBoots.

My feet stay comfortable and dry and I find when I have walked through mud, the MuckBoots are easy to clean off with the swipe of a stick or a knife.

The only thing I'd like to see on the MuckBoot is a small tab on the back heel that would allow me to step on it so that I could step out of the boot without having to bend down and hold the boot, or pull it off with my hands.

The fit was perfect and even after wearing these boot nearly all day, my feet never ache. There wasn't a need for a break-in period like some boots (combat boots in the Army) I had years ago.

Borg BAB901KD-95 Dial Scale
Borg BAB901KD-95 Dial Scale
Offered by THE SOURCE.
Price: $19.50
33 used & new from $12.78

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't "weight" to step on this scale everyday!, July 30, 2014
We have had a digital scale for the past 5 years and it requires first placing a foot on it to turn it on, then removing your foot and then stepping on the scale and waiting a brief period for a read-out showing your weight. It was accurate, but since I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, doing this routine of tapping on the scale and then stepping on it and holding still trying to maintain my balance was tricky.

Our new Borg has made things easier for both of us. I simply stand on the Borg and I get nearly an instantaneous readout of my weight, without having to stand on a small spot with worrying about loosing my balance.

Although I must admit, the numbers on the Borg are a tad difficult for me to see because they are very small (might be partly due to my bifocals) it takes me a moment to see where the dial has honed in for my weight. This probably won't be an issue for someone having good eyesight, but I thought I'd just toss this in for Baby Boomers like me who don't have the sharp vision we might have had when we were younger.

The Borg is attractive and makes a small foot-print in my bathroom. I looked at other scales that looked like they were the size of a pingpong table and decided to go with the Borg because it looked like the perfect size and would not cover a lot of floor space.

I'm happy with the purchase and so is my wife.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8