Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Warren T.D. > Reviews

Browse

Warren T.D.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 134

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Warren T.D. RSS Feed (Tucson, AZ USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Donegan LP-4 Replacement Lens Plate For OptiVISOR, 2X Magnification, 10" Focal Length
Price: $27.99
12 used & new from $18.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Glass maybe? Scratchable, definitely., July 16, 2016
There seems to be a great deal of confusion about what these lenses are made of. As best as I can tell, a lens plate with blue frame has glass lenses. A lens plate with clear frame has acrylic lenses. However, I notice that the product description refers to these blue frame lens plates as being made of acrylic. Sigh... I have a blue frame lens plate #7 and it's scratched. If it's glass, it is awfully lightweight for the thickness of the lens. The lenses can however be scratched, as the image in the photo description oddly illustrates. In any case, the optical quality of the lenses, whatever the material, is outstanding.

Smith Premium 190363 1-Gallon Multi-Purpose Sprayer for Killing Weeds, Cleaning, or Applying Insecticides
Price: $25.92
5 used & new from $25.14

3.0 out of 5 stars pumping forever to get a short time spraying, March 30, 2016
I am not impressed with this unit. It takes forever to evacuate the air. I don't feel as though the pump is working very efficiently. Noisy when pumping as well. The container is solid and the sprayer seems of good quality, so it's really the pumping component that seems low-grade.

The Fields of November
The Fields of November
Price: $13.99
42 used & new from $5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential Norman Blake album, March 30, 2016
This review is from: The Fields of November (Audio CD)
One of the classics in traditional music and a must-have for Norman Blake fans. That's the original "The Fields of November" I'm referring to. In this CD you get that album plus one called "Old and New." Whereas I give 4-5 stars for each track on TFoN, I would give 3-4 stars for tracks on OaN. Still great, but it's worth listening to the tracks for TFoN together, to get a sense of what a classic the original vinyl was. I only bought the CD because I've worn out the vinyl copy to the point that there are a fair number of pops and clicks.

Avast Free Antivirus 2015 [Download]
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 [Download]
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars unwanted popups and insertions, February 17, 2016
I used it for a while but got tired of meddlesome random popups in the lower right of my screen, and was especially incensed when an updated version inserted an ad for Avast into every email I sent via Gmail. Without asking me for permission. That was a no-no, Avast. That was a BIG no-no. You can turn it off manually in the settings but I don't care. Tampering with my email was a bad idea.

Orphan Black, Season 3
Orphan Black, Season 3
DVD
Price: $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good but still good, February 17, 2016
OB seems to be getting gory and the boy clones are distinctly unlikeable, compared to the girl clones. In short, I'm not enjoying it as much as previously. Also, there are hints of the same affliction that Lost had, in terms of the plot wheels starting to spin in the mud. I still enjoy watching Tatiana's characters, though. She still deserves a major award.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars at first, a flavor of plastic but now all is good., February 5, 2016
I just tried this unit out for the first time this morning. I was dismayed to experience a plasticky taste in my otherwise well-brewed coffee. I then took the coffee/filter out, rinsed out the carafe, and ran water through the empty machine. Sure enough, there was a strongly plastic smell in the water in the carafe. I will run more hot water through to see if it diminishes. If it does, I will update review. Otherwise the unit goes back. Which would be a shame. In many respects, I like the machine. It is attractive gray and stainless. The green led display is easy to read, the buttons have a good feel and are not too small. Save for the plastic taste, the coffee flavor was good. I got a good price for it. My only other gripes are minor: 1) a small opening in which to pour the water and 2) a short cord, much shorter than the Braun it is replacing.

Edit: I am upgrading my review from 2 to 4 stars. I ran vinegar then water through the machine for 2 cycles each, and the plastic flavor is completely gone, and the coffee tastes quite good. The small opening for pouring in the water still bugs me; someone was asleep at the switch in the product testing phase on that count. The 1-4 cup button can be used for any volume of coffee, to slow down the process and make for stronger, bolder coffee. It works very well, the taste is quite different. One other point to make is that this is a noisy machine from beginning to end. It doesn't bother me but thought I would mention it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2016 7:20 AM PST

Gillette Mach3 Sensitive Disposable Razor for Men, 3 Count
Gillette Mach3 Sensitive Disposable Razor for Men, 3 Count

3.0 out of 5 stars So sensitive, they cried when my puppy got lost, February 5, 2016
They didn't last as long as I'd hoped but the shave was decent.

HIC Silicone Replacement Gasket Seals, Fits Regular Mouth Canning Jars, 3.75 x 3.75-Inches, Set of 4
Offered by Sorillo Brands
Price: $5.51
27 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Next up, replacement knees and hip, February 5, 2016
These silicone replacement gaskets fit perfectly, and am hoping they last longer in the dry desert air than the rubber gaskets last. They are a bit thinner than the rubber ones but unlike other posters, I didn't feel a need to double them up. The seal seemed secure, as is.

World Gone By: A Novel (Coughlin Series Book 3)
World Gone By: A Novel (Coughlin Series Book 3)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Some literary conventions like the mysterious blonde-haired boy that appears periodically and then ..., January 27, 2016
I've read almost everything Lehane has written. In this novel, his strong literary talents are on full display. Some literary conventions like the mysterious blonde-haired boy that appears periodically and then mysteriously vanishes are exquisitely done. However, Lehane's talents are obscured somewhat by the plotting of bloodbath after bloodbath. Gratuitous violence is usually the strategy of a lesser writer, because our attention is captured by violence, something that is reflexive and most likely innate. We can't help but read it, watch it, listen to it. This is how television drama persists despite it being so low in quality in general. A lesser writer can have us overlook their literary failings by cranking the violence up. In this case, it just gets in the way of fine writing. It comes at the expense of fuller character development and richer exploration of interactions between characters, such as we saw in the first two books in the series. Beyond this issue, the plot lacks credibility. It's just too much to be real. Honestly, I felt like Lehane was given a violence-driven video game and paid to make a novel out of it. Or was angling to have all of this made into a movie that made him a lot of dinero. Bleagh.

Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall June 9 1962: Complete Concert
Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall June 9 1962: Complete Concert
Price: $14.99
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Tony Bennett fans, January 27, 2016
Reviews of this album seem especially strong for a Tony Bennett album. I don't really get that. It's wonderful but not more wonderful than many other albums of his. You will find a number of songs that I've not seen on other albums, and while I generally prefer studio albums, as live albums go, this one adds something for being live, which is worthwhile.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14