Profile for Greg C. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Greg C. RSS Feed

Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal
Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome screen protector! Leaps and bounds above Zagg, February 13, 2013
I had a Zagg Invisible Shield on my GS3 originally. It had the orange-peel surface and greatly reduced sharpness of the screen, as you will often see with that product and other bad screen protectors. What is the point of having a beautiful display that you want to protect if by protecting it, it loses its beauty? It also had the slightly tacky feel so your fingers did not slide on the screen like they should. I will never buy a Zagg screen protector again.

I read many reviews on many different screen protectors including the Spigen Curved Crystal, Ultra Crystal, Ultra Nano Optics and Ultra Nano Crystal, as well as other brands, and all seemed to have their pros and cons for different reviewers. I finally decided to go with the Curved Crystal because I wanted full display coverage, which none of the others offered, and any complaints people had about it were no different than common complaints about other products. After installing it, I could not be happier with my choice.

First, the display clarity and quality is like the bare screen. Colors are vivid, lines are sharp. This is what a screen protector should offer - protection without interfering with the purpose of the display. Along the same lines, it also does not change the feel of the screen. When I first installed it, it was very very very slightly tacky (not even close to Zagg's tackiness). I was a little concerned, but given the vast improvement over Zagg, I was willing to accept it. However, after giving it only one day, that tackiness has disappeared, and I imagine it was originally due to the plastic packaging that is adhered to the protector while in the box. When I used my phone this morning after only one night, the surface felt like glass, just like you want it to.

Since I have only had the protector on the phone for a day, it obviously has not seen a lot of use so I cannot review its durability over time. However, because of some of the reviews I read before I bought this product, I tried tapping my fingernail on the screen at various levels of force, and have seen no temporary or lasting marks, as others had reported in their reviews. I did not make every effort to leave a mark because I do not want to deliberately damage the screen protector, but I did give it a try with successful results - no damage.

Finally, the installation was very good, better than other dry installs I have done. (I will say to the credit of Zagg's product that I surprisingly liked their wet install. It made removing air bubbles much easier for me.) The Curved Crystal went on very easy and lined up much better than other dry installs have for me in the past. I think this is due to the curved shape of the protector, allowing it to almost guide itself into position, to an extent. It still requires careful placement, especially in order to avoid air bubbles and dust particles, but it was much easier than other dry installs I have done. In addition the cutouts for the speaker, camera, and home button are exact, which helps and is helped by the precise alignment of the protector to the phone.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this protector: great display quality, seemingly solid (but not time-tested) protection, Gorilla Glass-like feel, easy install, full screen coverage - everything you want in a screen protector. I will definitely look to Spigen for screen protection for any future phone of mine and will recommend their products to anyone looking for great screen protection.

New Girl Season 1
New Girl Season 1
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious show, fantastic writing, December 29, 2012
This show has instantly become one of our favorites. If you like witty comedy, I think you will like this show. The plot, characters, acting, and writing are all tremendous. My wife and I can't wait for new episodes of Season 2 to start in January!!

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and New Charger for GoPro HD HERO3+, HERO3 and GoPro AHDBT-201, AHDBT-301, AHDBT-302
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $19.99
24 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, incredible price, December 22, 2012
I used these batteries in the GoPro Hero3 Black Edition shooting 720p @ 120fps while skiing where the maximum temperature outside was at most 27 degrees Fahrenheit. I got just about 1.5 - 1.75 hours of run time out of the camera, which I was satisfied with, given the conditions. Once this battery died, I put the factory battery in, which died noticeably faster than the Wasabi. Also, it is really useful to charge one battery while still being able to use the camera unplugged, which is why this set is perfect.

I paid about $30 ($25 + $5 shipping before they were Prime-eligible) for this set, and it was DEFINITELY worth the money. Two batteries, wall charger, and car adapter for that price is unbeatable.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2012 12:51 PM PST