Profile for Proggy McGee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Proggy McGee RSS Feed (Newark Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Similar Skin
Similar Skin
Price: $7.99
28 used & new from $6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually it's only 4.99 stars, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Similar Skin (Audio CD)
I'm on board with everyone else who are calling this a rock masterpiece. It just is. I like a lot of what these guys have done in the past, but I love this album. It's a long player like artists used to make in the past and can be listened to from beginning to end without the urge to skip a track. Sorry for rambling.

Refractory Obdurate
Refractory Obdurate
Price: $10.39
25 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased!, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Refractory Obdurate (Audio CD)
Not sure what to write that will do this album justice. I loved the energy of 16 Horsepower and respect the complexity of Wovenhand, but this new album brings both of those elements together in an amazing way! This is the Wovenhand album that I have been waiting for. Give it a listen. I think you'll be very pleased.

Kershaw 8700 Shuffle Folding Knife
Kershaw 8700 Shuffle Folding Knife
Price: $15.49
34 used & new from $12.61

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a saver!, January 27, 2014
It's a saver blade. It's the blade you carry on you to do the dirty work and it saves your expensive blade. I use this knife to open bags of calcium chloride pellets, which will eat right into steel, also when I'm outside and it's wet I'll pull this out and let it take the abuse before my nicer knives. It's pretty tough and I'm not afraid (especially for this low price) to pry a little with it. The bottle opener has come in handy exactly two times and the screw-driver not at all since I carry a Swisstool. The edge retention is average, but not great, but it's easy to sharpen so you don't have to waste a lot of time on maintenance. Seriously, if you carry an expensive knife you should also carry this and when the blade finally snaps, because you did something ridiculous you won't have to kick yourself.

Roky Erickson T-shirt
Roky Erickson T-shirt
Offered by Rockabilia
Price: $23.29 - $25.29

2.0 out of 5 stars The picture looks nice, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Roky Erickson T-shirt (Apparel)
I love the picture, but the shirt is super thin and fits like a sausage casing. I ordered a medium (I'm 5'8" and weight 165). All of my tattoos are visible through the shirt. Also, the return process is a pain and will cost you if you say it's the wrong size. So much so that I kept the shirt. Don't say you weren't warned.

Gerber 31-001134 Dime Micro Tool
Gerber 31-001134 Dime Micro Tool
Price: $16.44
58 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 5, 2013
I had this tool on my keys at work and the Leatherman Squirt PS4 on my car keys. I needed to use the pliers on the Dime to grab onto a plastic cap and when I squeezed too hard they snapped. I then got out the leatherman and it did the job with no problem. I would not recommend the Dime. Buy the Leatherman Squirt PS4 or if you're really wanting to upgrade, get the Victorinox Spirit X, which has amazing quality and engineering.

That's It (Amazon Version)
That's It (Amazon Version)
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary, July 14, 2013
This album easily stands among the best that were ever recorded in the jazz genre. A true, unexaggerated masterpiece. I believe that this recording should sit proudly in your collection among the greats. I am thrilled to recommend this to anyone who loves music and understands the value of an instant and undeniable classic. I have a massive collection of music, but continue to search for that one recording that will sit at the top of the heap as the very best, the go to album, the one that can't be denied, and I believe this one will be that cd. In fact, I smiled at the title, because I think that they realized the power of this collection as well. If you want to hear their greatest achievement, "THAT'S IT!"

Aura
Aura
Price: $7.78
30 used & new from $2.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Aura, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Aura (Audio CD)
I'm not a jazz expert and I won't pretend to be, but I know very well what I like and this is it! I'm usually a fan of progressive bands like Porcupine Tree and Riverside who will throw jazz elements into their music, but I haven't delved too far into jazz in and of itself until recently. I like Kind of Blue, I like Time Out, I like Giant Steps, but I really really like this album. Even though this was considered a late period Miles Davis album and not as strong as his early works, I have to say that, for me, none of that matters. This is an amazing, beautiful, and inviting listen that I will appreciate far into the future.

Bloodsports
Bloodsports
Price: $11.88
67 used & new from $4.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great songwriting, including lyrics!, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Bloodsports (Audio CD)
This is an absolute gem of an album start to finish. It's obvious that a ton of thought went into the music and lyrics. Sometimes when I see a very negative review claiming that the reviewer had to "stop listening halfway through" or some such thing, I just have to assume that person is telling the truth and really did only listen to half the album before writing their review. That's too bad, because given a full listen this album stands up to the rest of the Suede catalog quite nicely. I love the music, lyrics, production and just about everything about this album. It's a wonderful comeback from a great band and I hope they tour the States behind it. I'll be there!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool paper weight, February 8, 2013
OK, first the good: this knife looks nice and feels good in the hand. Next the bad. The knife came super and I mean SUPER dull. This has never been a problem for me before, I just sharpen 'em up on my Lansky system. But this knife just doesn't want to get sharp for me. I have sharpened alot of AUS8 before with no problem,but for some reason I can't get this to the level I like. Maybe, it's my problem, but none the less it just would not sharpen well. I won't send it back, because I've already changed it from its original condition, but I would never recommend this knife to anyone.

Condor Tool and Knife Fidelis 2 3/16-Inch Blade, Paracord Wrapped Handle, Kydex Neck Sheath
Offered by Stealth Rabbit
Price: $19.33
18 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money!, January 11, 2013
I bought this along with a Nemesis Hellion and they both arrived on the same day. I like this very much! The sheath is nice and it comes with a ball chain that's bigger and tougher that any other ball chain I have. I feels large in the hand for such a small knife and there's only a slight footprint under your shirt. The Nemesis Hellion, however has an even smaller footprint. I also like that it came prewrapped with paracord. I had to wrap the Nemesis myself. All in all a good value for the money and it's ready to go out of the box, unless you want to adjust the length of the ball chain, which is very long.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6