Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Pennsylvania)

I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and convenient daily devotional, October 5, 2012
Thirty-one good devotionals that each focuses on a different one of God's promises to us. These are just the right length for me. Each morning I spend about 5-10 minutes to read, study and meditate on that day's devotion. The topic for that morning becomes my theme for the day. For example today being the 5th the topic/theme is to be grateful to God for all of his blessings. So today whenever I had a free moment I did just that.
I plan for this to be my morning devotional for the next 12-15 months. Each month with each re-reading and meditation I will go further and deeper with the daily themes than I did the month before.
I am also keeping a notebook in which I will write my thoughts and insights. I have a section at the end where I am recording every time I see God's hand at work in my life. In just five days I have nine entries.
If you are looking for a daily devotional that is upbeat, inspiring and designed for someone with a busy life then this may be what you are looking for.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 12:13 PM PST

Philips Norelco QT4070/41 Beard Trimmer 7300 (Packaging May Vary)
Philips Norelco QT4070/41 Beard Trimmer 7300 (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $49.95
28 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, February 21, 2011
Prior to purchasing this beard trimmer I read many reviews. I read the negative ones more than I did the positive ones. Those reviews had me quite concerned about buying this product. So concerned that I contacted Norelco directly. My conversation with them put my mind at ease and I did make the purchase.
I am glad that I did buy this. I purposely bought an expensive trimmer because I wanted to buy quality. I find this to be high quality.
I trim my beard 2 times each week and have done so for at least 4-5 weeks. The battery still has a good bit of the origingal charge left.
I have found the trimmer to be easy to handle and I have been able to keep my beard looking good.
I heartily recommend this trimmer.

Now Foods D-Ribose Powder, 8-Ounce
Now Foods D-Ribose Powder, 8-Ounce
Price: $20.99
16 used & new from $18.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Ribose a great source of energy for me., April 3, 2010
I have been using ribose for almost two months. I use two teaspoons full in water three times each day. I take it before breakfast after lunch and then after dinner. On days that I exercise I use two teaspoons right before I exercise and then two right after.

I don't use caffeine. Ribose does not make me jittery. I have notice sometimes if I take it too late in the day I might have a little trouble falling a sleep.

I have notice that I seem to sleep more deeply and seem to dream more. I usually wake more easily in the morning.

With regard to exercise I have noticed that I can exercise more vigorously and tend to sweat more. One word of caution is that I have had a some minor joint discomfort and I believe a touch of tendinitis. I attribute to exercising a little too vigorously I guess that even though my muscles can generate more energy my joints and tendons were not ready for it.

All in all I am most pleased and I don't dare miss taking it.

A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
by Daniel H. Pink
Price: $9.04
688 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Skills to flourish in our changing world, December 2, 2008
I am always looking for ways to be more productive. Being left-handed I became interested in this book when I saw the sub-title "Why Right-Brainers Will Rule The World". I thought: "finally, my day has come!".

What I found was not quite a "recipe book" for success but rather a new and different way to look at the world.

The book is replete with references to resource materials (many of which are found on the Internet free of cost). Now on my second reading I am taking the time to visit these resources to take my understanding of my fledgling new skill set to a deeper level.

When I really like a book I buy extras to give to friends. Of the five extras that I bought I have given them to; a school superintendent, a financial services businessman, a nurse nearing retirement, a newspaper editor and an attorney.

If you want to learn what you will need to do differently or better to excel in our changing world this book is for you.

EconoPower: How a New Generation of Economists is Transforming the World
EconoPower: How a New Generation of Economists is Transforming the World
by Mark Skousen
Price: $16.43
126 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Economists Rule, July 14, 2008
This was my vacation book this year. Good, fairly quick read. Short chapters. Gives insight to seeing beyond the numbers.

The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind
The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind
by B. Alan Wallace
Price: $12.59
77 used & new from $8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Meditation doe result in positive changes, April 5, 2007
I am not yet finished reading this book. I have found it interesting. I have endeavored to read it with an open mind.

I was a little disappointed early on when I realized that with my life as it is now I would not be able to attain the seventh step of meditation. To do so would require months of meditation. My life and commitments as they are now just does not permit that.

Despite that I feel that I have benefited from the techniques that are taught. I do know that I will need to re-read this book in order to get all the benefits from this that I want.

Since beginning this book I do feel that I have been sleeping better. I am more aware of my dreams. I am more relaxed. I do believe that meditation in conjunction with other lifestyle changes have resulted in lower blood pressure readings. My blood pressure was good. It is now excellent.

If you are a person of faith do not fear that this will harm your relationship with God. I am Catholic and have been also reading a book on contemplative prayer. I have found the two to be quite compatible and while reading these books my faith has deepened.

If you are interested in strengthening you mental capabilities or deepen your faith I would recommend this book. Be sure to read it with an open mind.

Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to Transform Ourselves
by Sharon Begley
130 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Whetting the appetite, March 5, 2007
I found this book very interesting. It gave me hope that even at the advanced age of 52 I can still change and improve my brain.

I was looking for pracitcal things to do. I didn't find them here. I wasn't supposed to. I learned in an e-mail from the author that this book was not intended to be a self-help book. Through the appendix and other references I was pointed in the right direction and found a very good book that is an excellent manual to help me begin meditation.

The knowledge gained from the first book gave me the understanding of why and how the meditation works and what it is doing for me.