Profile for B. Jones > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Jones RSS Feed (Rexburg, Idaho)

Anker® New Laptop Battery for HP Pavilion DV4-1000 DV4-2000 DV5-1000 DV6-1000 DV6-2000 CQ50 CQ60 CQ70 G50 G60 G60T G61 G70 G71 Series, Fits P/N 484170-001 EV06 KS524AA KS526AA HSTNN-IB72 - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/48WH]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value; I am pleased!, October 11, 2012
I would say "great value" but someone else said it first. The battery came quickly and installed with no trouble, and after charging overnight, it has been reliable. I've only had it in the computer for two weeks, but all indications are it will be very satisfactory--at a fraction of what it could have cost elsewhere!;

Rayovac UltraPRO Alkaline D Batteries, ALD-12, 12-Pack
Rayovac UltraPRO Alkaline D Batteries, ALD-12, 12-Pack
Price: $15.72
28 used & new from $9.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Warranty, October 5, 2010
I tried to use a mag light that didn't work and when I opened it up, I found the batteries had corroded dreadfully. It took treating with mild soda water to remove the batteries at which point, I found that I had damaged the reflector in the process. The batteries were Rayovac Dec 2016.

A second mag light worked but I could only remove one battery due to corrosion. Again Rayovac Dec 2016. Their warranty requires sending the original packaging and the original receipt. Really, who keeps those things around for small purchases?

Update: I heard back from Ray-O-Vac via email and per their instructions, mailed the damaged flashlights with batteries included. I was pleasantly surprised to receive later a check to cover the cost of replacement. Then, a couple weeks later another package arrived with replacement batteries.

I am pleased with their efforts to reconcile the issue and must conclude that i must have bought a defective set of batteries.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2014 4:22 AM PDT

Remington MS2-270 Men's Rechargeable Shaver, 2 Super-Flexing Foils And 3 Position Trimmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Remington Shaver, March 10, 2007
I purchased mine at a department store a few months ago at a close out sale. For me the shaver has given quite a close shave, though I do have to pass by more than once. One problem has been the battery's inability to hold a charge (3 to 4 shaves with a sudden stop when it runs out of charge. A Braun shaver I own goes for about a week between charges. The other concern has been the need to replace a screen after too short a period of use.

Compared to the Braun, the Remington is noisier, provides a closer shave, less convenient in holding a charge, but more convenient in that the shaver itself can be plugged in to charge where the Braun requires a charging stand, and the Remington apparently goes through screens more quickly.