Profile for Leslie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 416

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leslie RSS Feed (Midwestern USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chemical Guys WAC303 Wheel Guard Rim and Wheel Sealant - 8 oz.
Chemical Guys WAC303 Wheel Guard Rim and Wheel Sealant - 8 oz.
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects rims and adds a shine, January 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Wheel Guard Rim and Wheel Sealant does what it is supposed to do - protect the rims and add a shine.

Using it was a little time consuming but fairly straightforward. After first cleaning the rims, I applied the product using a soft cloth. Then let it dry for about 10 minutes before buffing it off with a clean cloth. The wheels now have a nice shine and still look good several weeks later.

Other than it has a nasty smell - made worse because I used it in the garage - I am pleased with the product and the results. Next time I use it, though, it will be outside and also I'll use plastic gloves, because the smell lingered on my hands for a while too.

Quartet Dry Erase Markers, EnduraGlide, Fine Tip, BOLD COLOR, Assorted Vivid Colors, 12 Pack (5001-10VECR)
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Vibrantly colored set of set markers - great for my 'to-do' list, January 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a box of 12 vibrantly colored dry erase markers: 3 purple, 3 aqua blue, 2 pink, 2 lime green, and 2 orange. While all the colors are 'bold, the lime green and the orange are not as easy to read as the other three.

The markers give off virtually no odor, and what little there is dissipates quickly. The ink erases easily with an eraser or soft paper towel. Even writing that has been there for a few weeks will rub right off - just moisten the towel.

The markers are easy to hold and glide smoothly across my marker board. A nice feature is a clear area on the side of each marker so the user can gage the amount of ink remaining in the pen.

I like the variety of shades because I use the board for my 'to-do' list and can prioritize tasks by color. The markers are shipped bulk, without separate product packaging. I store my yet-to-be opened ones in a ziplock baggie.

The Birds of Pandemonium
The Birds of Pandemonium
by Michele Raffin
Price: $18.87
81 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Even those who know little about birds will find themselves captivated by these beautiful creatures, January 26, 2015
The roadside rescue of a single white dove was the beginning of author Michele Raffin’s journey into the world of birds. Soon her small aviary evolved into a bird sanctuary and, eventually, a conservation organization to rescue and breed birds that are in danger of extinction. I loved every minute of this delightful book. If I was a rescued bird, I would want to live at Pandemonium Aviaries.

This is an easy read and is written in a humorous and engaging style. I quickly found myself imagining the sights and sounds of the aviary – the birds calling and dancing in the morning. I could easily relate to the author’s love of birds – I volunteer as a wild bird monitor and at a rescue shelter for companion birds who have lost their homes.

Seriously, birds do dance! They have names. The have unique personalities and a story to tell. The author found it difficult to say no to any bird that needed a home and her aviary grew rapidly. Some birds were abandoned by their owners, some were rescued from bad homes, others were dropped off on her doorstep.

A few of the birds I was particularly fond of were: Sweetie, a tiny quail, who was meant to be someone’s dinner! Amigo, a Red-headed Amazon that ‘chose’ the author’s son as his new owner by picking the lock on his cage, flying to the young boy’s shoulder, and then preening his hair. And then there was Shana, a heartbroken Amazon whose owners didn’t want her anymore when she no longer fit into their lifestyle. I could go on and on because they are all amazing birds.

We experience the good and the bad, the highs and the lows, the thrill of an endangered species successfully breeding, and the sad times when mistakes are made, disease strikes, or birds die. But overall, an uplifting story of one woman’s unending devotion to her birds. Even those who know nothing about birds will find themselves captivated by these beautiful creatures.

Avery Two-Side Printable Clean Edge Business Cards for Inkjet Printers, Matte, Ivory, Pack of 200 (08876)
Price: $9.99
26 used & new from $8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality product with a professional look, January 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Avery Clean Edge Business Cards are a high quality product. Unlike some of the other products on the market, these card really do snap out cleanly with no fragments of paper stuck to the edge - very important for a professional look.

I already have a business card designed in Photoshop, so I imported it into the template in Word for a quick test. The design lined up perfectly on the screen, but my first attempt at printing was ever-so-slightly off in alignment, top-to-bottom. This was the fault of the printer, not the cards. The sheet of cards must be fed as a single sheet and the feed guides on the printer must be set snug, but not tight. Any 'play' in the feed will cause misalignment. A second attempt produced a perfectly lined-up set of business cards.

I used the ivory cards. The background goes well with my business cards which use pink and brown colors. It's a nice change from the basic white and stands out in the crowd.

The ability to print small quantities of business cards and to customize them as needed is very convenient. I checked the Avery online software and was impressed with the selection of styles available. Using the online designs is straightforward and easy to use. I also see the potential for many other uses. The online software has suggestions for designing gift cards, coupons, table seating cards - plus a large choice of graphics. Overall, a great product.

Dr. Blaine's RevitaDERM Psoriasis Treatment, 4 Fluid Ounce
Dr. Blaine's RevitaDERM Psoriasis Treatment, 4 Fluid Ounce
Price: $18.25
5 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief from eczema within days, January 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have very dry, sensitive skin that breaks out in annoying scaly red patches from eczema. It comes and goes, but winter is usually worse - so I was happy to give the Dr. Blaine's a try. None of the prescription medicines worked for me.

The lotion is thick and creamy with a buttery consistency. It absorbs into the skin within a few minutes. It is lightly scented - a bit of a medicinal smell, but it fades quickly.

Within three days I could see an improvement. After one week the itching and scaling is gone with only some faint redness remaining. What's important to me is that the itching and pain is gone.

I realize this is not a condition that can be cured, and I know it will never completely go away, so it's important for me to find a treatment that I won't mind using. I am very happy with the results.

Chemical Guys TVD20116 Vintage Series Natural Shine, Satin Shine Dressing - 16 oz.
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great results, January 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The product has the consistency of a lotion and was easy to apply. The result was a glossy, but not shiny, finish. It dried quickly with no greasy residue. Immediately, the faded areas were almost gone - I could barely see where they were. After an hour, they had disappeared completely.

We used the Chemical Guys Shine on the black exterior trim on our 2008 Chevy Avalanche. There were a couple of areas that were faded and I was hoping this would restore an even look - and it did work. After several trips through the car wash, however, it does begin to fade once again.

Westcott 8" Titanium Non-Stick Bent Scissor - Pink
Westcott 8" Titanium Non-Stick Bent Scissor - Pink
Price: $13.79
2 used & new from $12.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Razor sharp and comfortable to use, January 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These scissors have a comfortable handle that fits perfectly in my small hands. They are lightweight and open and close smoothly, and easily cut through paper and fabric. I tested them on cardboard and with only a little extra pressure was able to cut a straight line. They are razor sharp.

Where these scissors really shine is their non-stick surface. They slice through duct tape without getting stuck to it. No other pair of scissors in my house can do that.

And finally, I love the bright pink color - it ensures they won't end up in the wrong drawer or tool box for long.

Tattle Tea English Breakfast Black Tea Blend, 5 Ounce
Tattle Tea English Breakfast Black Tea Blend, 5 Ounce
Price: $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Flavorful, full-bodied tea with a smooth taste and light aroma., January 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The English Breakfast Tattle Tea is packaged in a resealable pouch rather than the usual tin. The dark color of the package keeps out the light and it does feel airtight when closed. The tea leaves are very large in size and have a pleasant aroma

For my first cup I used my single cup tea infuser. I filled it with a little over one teaspoon and in the water the leaves expanded to fill the entire ball. Steeping for 4 minutes (3 to 5 is recommended on the package) produced a nice, flavorful, full-bodied tea with a smooth taste and light aroma.

I steeped a second cup a little longer - past the 5 minute mark - to try for a stronger taste, but it added a slight bitterness so I would avoid oversteeping. At four minutes, it tastes the way English Breakfast should taste.

This tea tastes excellent. The leaves are fresh and high quality. I have been searching for a good brand of loose leaf tea and am happy to have discovered Tattle Tea.

George Foreman GRP4842R 2-in-1 Evolve Grill, Red
George Foreman GRP4842R 2-in-1 Evolve Grill, Red
Price: $114.36
9 used & new from $82.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile grill with many uses and interchangeable plates., January 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Evolve Grill is easy to use and perfect for making meals for one or two people. After a little experimentation with temperature settings and cooking times, I was able to make several of my favorite recipes that tasted just as good as with my outdoor gas grill.

The grill has several appealing features...

- The plates are removable and additional plates can be purchased separately.
- There is a lever to adjust the slope of the grill surface: Tilt it forward when cooking greasy foods to drain the grease into a drip pan, or leave it flat when baking.
- Cleanup is easy and plates are dishwasher safe. I put them in the dishwasher once, but they are just as easy to clean in the sink.
- It heats up fast - in five to ten minutes - and gets hot enough to sear the food, something you don't always find with an indoor grill.

Using the ceramic grill plates, chicken and fish were tasty and moist, and vegetables were delicious. Bacon came out perfect and with no greasy mess. I dislike frying bacon in a pan and had been microwaving it - this is infinitely better and tastier.

The waffle plates work well and make crisp, tasty waffles. The first few batches were not perfect, but once I figured out how much batter to add (too much will spill out the back when the lid is closed making a mess to clean up), how hot to make the grill (425 worked best), and how long to cook them (6 or 7 minutes), they were excellent. A minor quibble - the waffle plate should be divided into four waffles instead of two - these are huge waffles.

[One additional note for homes with pet birds -
While the grill plates are ceramic and PTFE / PFOA free, the waffle plates are not. which makes them unsafe for use around pet birds. I cook my waffles outside or in the basement. A bit of a pain, but safer for my bird. I love the way the this grill makes waffles - I just wish they offered a ceramic waffle plate as an alternative.]

OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel 3-Tier Shower Caddy 2.0
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel 3-Tier Shower Caddy 2.0
Offered by WineStuff
Price: $34.22
3 used & new from $30.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, large and well-made caddy... but at 27" long may not fit all showers, January 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
From the description and the photo, the OXO shower caddy sounded ideal. However, when actually put into use, I found it could be designed a little better, which would make it more functional.

On the positive side, the caddy is sturdy, nice-looking, made of quality materials with stainless steel framing and heavy clear plastic shelves. The top hook is well designed - it's easy to attach, fits snugly and stays in place. There is enough room to easily hold soaps, shampoos and conditioners for two people.

At 27 inches in length, this is a long caddy. It will not fit in all showers. I measured before ordering and knew I had enough clearance for it to fit. What I didn't consider was that anything I hung from the hooks, like my squeegee or bath sponge, would get in the way of the faucet as I only have an inch between it and the bottom of the soap dish. A better place for the hooks would be on the sides of the bottom shelf. This would keep hanging items from hitting the faucet and also get them out from under the soap dish where they also can get covered with dripping soap from the drain in the dish.

Even though the caddy has a nice big suction cup that holds firmly to the wall, it can still slide around. The suction cup is not mounted in place on the rack; instead, it slides an inch or so along the bar it is hooked to, allowing the rack to have some sway. This results in my tall bottles falling over and knocking things out of the caddy. Perhaps two smaller suction cups would keep it stable.

This did not work out in my main shower; however, it found a home in our other shower over the bathtub which has plenty of clearance between the shower head and the faucet.

Oxo makes a quality product and I really like the idea of a stainless steel shower caddy. I'll be watching for one that is designed better for my needs. This caddy may be perfect for other households - just be sure to measure before buying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20