Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Leslie > Reviews

Browse

Leslie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 688

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leslie RSS Feed (Midwestern USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Milk & Co. Lindy Klim Natural Rejuvenating Masque, 3 Fluid Ounce
Milk & Co. Lindy Klim Natural Rejuvenating Masque, 3 Fluid Ounce

3.0 out of 5 stars Gives a smooth, polished look but a little too drying for normal skin, February 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have mostly normal skin but still like to exfoliate occasionally to remove dead skin cells for a smooth, polished glow on my face.

The Rejuvenating Masque goes on easily and dries quickly. It's creamy with a pleasant scent and I applied it using my fingers. It dries almost instantly, begins to feel tight and tingly, and turns white. After about 10 minutes I rinsed it off with warm water.

This was a little drier than I was expecting and would only use this once every week or two. However, it did a nice job and left my face feeling smooth and clean. I followed it up with a moisturizer. At times my skin can be a little sensitive, but I am happy to report that I had no adverse reactions to any of the ingredients in the mask.

TeckNet? Pack of 3 Battery Powered Motion Sensing LED Stick Anywhere Hallway Night Light, with a built in Motion and light Sensor - White
Offered by Hippidion.US.Store
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No wiring or electrical outlet needed, February 3, 2016
Motion Sensing LED lights are great to have in a dark hallway — especially in the middle of the night. No more stumbling around trying to find my way to the bathroom or down the stairs to the basement without turning on the overhead light.

While these lights do require three AAA batteries each, the plus side is there is no wiring or electrical outlet needed. My only hallway outlet is already taken up by a large smoke/natural gas detector, and the basement stairway has no outlet, so these are perfect for me.

The light will only turn on when it is dark and it senses motion and stays on for about 15 seconds after motion has stopped. It is a cool white light, slightly brighter than a nightlight, that is more than enough light for me to find my way around in the dark.

I have been using these lights for a month and a half and they are working fine. I'm pleased with their performance.

Disclosure: I received this product at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

Prevail Light Absorbency Regular Pads, 30 Count
Prevail Light Absorbency Regular Pads, 30 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, comfortable protection and at a reasonable price, January 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are perfect for those with stress incontinence and occasional leakage. However, they also work well as extra protection for those times when my period flow is heavy and a tampon could leak. In fact, on those days I prefer these to a panty liner because they hold more and offer better protection. Nothing worse than a leak when I am out on a hike or riding in the car.

These pads are comfortable, not bulky, and stay in place. The individual wrapping is a plus and makes them easy to carry discretely in my purse. These are light protection and at an excellent price.

TeckNet® POWER BANK Mini 3000mAh USB External Battery Pack- Ultra-Compact "Lipstick" Size Mobile Phone Portable Battery Charger for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS, iPod (Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5) / Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 I9300, S II I9100, I9000, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note / HTC: One Series, Sensation G14 XE XL, Radar, EVO 3D, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vivid 4G, Incredible 2, Rezound, Thunderbolt / Motorola Triumph, Droid / LG Optimus / Nokia N9 Lumia / Blackberry Z10 / Sony Xperia Z - Silver
Offered by Hippidion.US.Store
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and easy to carry but only provides a partial charge, January 29, 2016
This is a combination mini-flashlight and portable battery charger. It's lightweight, easy to carry, fits nicely in my bag, and looks cute.

The battery is charged via USB port either through a computer or external charger. The battery charges fairly slow, so I plug it in my charging station overnight, and it is ready to go the next day if I need it.

I like the idea of a small, portable battery. However, I have found the TeckNet Mini will only provide a partial phone charge. It does not have enough power for a full charge for my phone, a Galaxy S4.

With my phone at about 15% power remaining, I attached the charger. It increased my phone 40% in an hour and then stopped charging. Pressing the button on the charger turns it back on, but it only charges for a few more minutes and then stops charging again. The battery still had power because the flashlight worked. However, there is no indicator level on the battery, so no way to tell what power level remained.

I recharged the TeckNet Power Bank and tried again a few days later, this time using a different USB cable. Similar results: it charged for about an hour and fifteen minutes, and this time I got a 50% increase in phone battery. I have not been able to get more than a 50% charge out of this battery.

The flashlight is nice to have in my bag or purse. It only has a short range, but is more than bright enough to assist in finding something in the bottom of my bag or dropped on the floor of the car. The light works a little differently than one would expect. If it doesn't immediately light up, it's because of the way the buttons need to be pressed to get it to operate. It is not intuitive at all. Two firm, quick presses of the button on the end turn it on, two more presses sends it into strobe mode, and two more presses turns it off. That is the only sequence that works.

In conclusion, this works well as a mini-flashlight or as a backup to get a partial phone charge when on-the-go or in an emergency.

Milk & Co. Lindy Klim Natural Lip Moisturizer, Coconut Kiss, 0.44 Fluid Ounce
Milk & Co. Lindy Klim Natural Lip Moisturizer, Coconut Kiss, 0.44 Fluid Ounce

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, shimmery, and glossy but doesn't last very long, January 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very light lip gloss with a pleasant taste but it does not last long enough to act as a moisturizer to repair and penetrate the skin. After about a half hour my lips are just as dry as before I used it, and the lip gloss needs to be reapplied.

I like the way it looks on my lips - light, shimmery, and glossy - but it is not something I would choose to use in the dry winter months. To form a good protective layer it would need to contain more beeswax and less oils. I think this product would work better for me in the warmer summer months, however, there is no mention of it containing any sunscreen so I would limit using it to evenings.

InstaNatural Hydra Gel Cream for Face - Best Hyaluronic Acid Facial Moisturizer - Hydrating Water Based Formula for Dry & Extra Dry Skin - For a Boost of Hydration for Soft & Supple Skin - 1.7 OZ
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $49.95
4 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, clean moisturizer, January 24, 2016
I use the Hydra Gel moisturizer in the morning. It is perfect for use before applying makeup. It has a light, clean feeling, is easily absorbed and dries quickly. It gives my face a fresh, smooth look. I especially like that it is not greasy yet still hydrates my skin.

Lights Out: A Cyberattack, A Nation Unprepared, Surviving the Aftermath
Lights Out: A Cyberattack, A Nation Unprepared, Surviving the Aftermath
by Ted Koppel
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $33.06
31 used & new from $20.94

4.0 out of 5 stars A troubling look at the state of our power grid, January 24, 2016
Just the thought of no power for more than a few days gives me nightmares. Sure, we can handle a couple of days with no electricity, but according to this book, only one in ten of us would survive a year under those conditions. So how likely is it that this could happen? It depends on whom you believe.

Ted Koppel thoroughly researched the likelihood of an attack on our power grid and how it could be carried out, and his findings are troubling. There are multiple ways to take down a huge section of the North American grid, which is interconnected. Our government sees it as an unlikely scenario, and if it did happen it would be localized.

Some of this reminds me of Y2K where none of the doomsday predictions happened. But were they prevented because of the huge drive to correct deficiencies in the computer code? I think so. And while there is some scary stuff here, I feel it’s better for the public to know about our vulnerabilities than to stick our heads in the sand. The bad guys already know – we aren’t giving away any secrets.

A worthwhile read and an excellent choice to listen to. Ted Koppel did the narration and he didn’t disappoint. With perfect pacing and emphasis, he conveyed a needed sense of urgency.

Disclosure: Review copy provided by the publisher.

Classic Accessories 55-552-010401-00 Round Fire Pit Cover, 30", Black
Classic Accessories 55-552-010401-00 Round Fire Pit Cover, 30", Black
Price: $20.00
3 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice cover., January 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a perfect fit for my 29" fire pit. The fabric is strong and water resistant with an elastic bottom to hold the cover securely in place. There are elastic loops at the bottom to wrap around the legs of the pit but my fire pit's legs were too large. Nevertheless, the elastic plus the drawstring has kept the cover in place through several storms with high winds. The cover is "fitted" and goes on snug. Those with fire pits over 30" might want to go up a size.

Zoo Med AvianSun Deluxe Floor Pet Lamp
Zoo Med AvianSun Deluxe Floor Pet Lamp
Price: $40.98
15 used & new from $30.98

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but the design and quality could be better, January 22, 2016
After much research, I found very few options for this type of lamp. Despite the negative reviews, I decided to take a chance on the Zoo Med lamp because many of the negative ones were from several years ago and the product had been redesigned.

I ordered two of the lamps. One assembled quickly and easily. With the second lamp, we had trouble getting the two pieces of the pole to screw together - the threads did not match up well. Eventually we were able to get the two parts together, but you can tell it's a little "off" and leans just a bit. The stands on both lamp poles are a little wobbly and the pole tends to unscrew if I move the lamp. It's best left in one place, but I need to move one of them between two cages.

A nice feature is the gooseneck on the top portion. This works well to bend the lamp into the proper position over the cage. At about 6 feet tall, it fits over most bird cages.

I like the style of this lamp but am disappointed in its construction. I was hoping it would be a little more sturdy, but unfortunately this lamp is made mostly of plastic and has a cheap look and feel. Also, the base could be a little larger which would add more stability.

Despite these issues, the lamps do work and provide UVA/UVB light for my parrots - important because I live in a northern climate and they are unable to get direct sunlight most of the year. I've been using the lamps now for two months with Zoo Med Avian Sun Bulbs which I ordered separately.

Eyelash Growth Serum 10ML Best Lash Enhancing Treatment for Longer, Fuller Eyelashes & Thicker Brows - With Pentapeptide-17 & Hyaluronic Acid - Clinically Proven SymPeptide XLash Formula
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $79.95
4 used & new from $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, no side effects, but not much change in my lashes, January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After three weeks of use, I'm only seeing a subtle difference in my lashes. They appear a little darker and maybe a tiny bit thicker, but nothing dramatic, at least not yet anyway.

I have sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses and have had no problems other than the first time I applied it. I used too much and some of the serum ran into my eye. The only side effect from that was a little itchiness. Otherwise, the serum is easy to apply and after a couple of day's practice I could do it in seconds. When I applied the proper amount it absorbs quickly with no residue. Since it's causing no harm it's worth continuing for another few weeks to see if I get better results.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20