Profile for Nik > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nik RSS Feed (Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TOTMC® USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter for Windows Xp/2000/ Vista/ Win7/Win 8
TOTMC® USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter for Windows Xp/2000/ Vista/ Win7/Win 8
Offered by NO1SKY
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $12.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Unprofessionally made software, April 19, 2015
I wanted to return this item, but after some struggle, I managed to make a copy of my family VHS tape, so it kinda done the job.
However, this product has a feel like a result of student project, rather than commercial software.
The hardware is EzCap, in the EZCAP packaging, so you might as well go to the source.
The software is awful.
It crashed my PC (Win 7 Pro 64 bit) several times. The on the disk manual has only installation instructions.
Their website is not better. It's got many notes about how they are eager to help you...but they are not helping.
There is manual, but it's extra short and doesn't really tell you anything. It's like people do not have any experience.
The software is not intuitive, and I am professional software engineer.
It's unfinished, and it shouldn't be released to the market.

Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Recoil Comp Full Suspension Mountain Bike with 29-Inch Wheels

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price, international buyers beware, February 21, 2014
That was first time I bought a bike online.
The bike has crossed Pacific Ocean (twice!, once from China to US and then back to Australia) and has arrived, reasonably well packed, nothing was missing (except single disk brake screw).
I enjoyed putting it all together, as it's not pre-assembled to the degree of shop bike would be.
I had to even move front derailleur position which they could have done at the factory, but they didn't.
I don't mind all this but be prepared to spend some time on youtube and allocate 4-5 hours if you are newbie like me to the bike tuning thing. The bike feels heavier than my hard tail but that is expected. I took it for one hour ride and enjoyed it a lot. Smiling all the way! Re-tuned everything to perfection and took the bike on the big 8 hours long XC trip in the mountains.
On somewhat fifth hour of the ride rear shock (Rockshox Monarch R) started to squeak and whistle.
Couldn't find much on the net regarding the causes, except for single hint that it could be IPF pressure too low.
Duly went to Amazon and bought special valve adapter and pumped up that IPF pressure. The whistling have significantly reduced, but the next day it was back. So my conclusion was the thing leaks air pressure.
I have sent email to Amazon and they told me to deal directly with Rockshox (Rockshox provides 2 years warranty on it).
I have called Rockshox rep in Australia and they told me that they do not want to deal with products purchased at Amazon.
As well, they told me that the fault sounds like seal problem and warranty doesn't cover seals.
Rockshox North America website doesn't have a single email address to contact them, only phone numbers. So I have to wake up at night to call them. And then what if they do not cover seals?
So what I think about all this is that it sucks. I am not sure about Amazon, but Rockshox well and truly sucks, their reps in Australia suck as well. Because what does it mean they do not cover seals? So the product can fail after 8 hours of use and they are not responsible? This is not right. So Aussies, beware, you might end up on your own with a lemon like I did.
Where from here. I do not want to hear about Rockshox anymore. I would not even go for air shocks of any company given the experience I had. But it might not be easy. Tried to purchase Fox coil shock but they have stopped making 7.5x2.0 size.
So if you see coil shock 7.5" x 2.0" 500lbs spring shock anywhere please give me a yell. I am waiting here with my credit card ready. So long.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 1:32 PM PDT

Pro Tool Industries 510-2 Natural Leather Sheath for the Woodman's Pal 284
Pro Tool Industries 510-2 Natural Leather Sheath for the Woodman's Pal 284
Price: $29.47
19 used & new from $26.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it have to be rough side out?, November 22, 2013
Made of thick belt type leather, stitching appears good quality probably requires few years of use to make final judgement.
One question is why backside of the sheath has leather rough side up.
The other option would be to have smooth side of leather on front and back of the pouch, and in order to keep smooth side out on the lace, to clamp lace on the inside of the pouch. It would make much more sense to me than to have rough greasy side out.

Brine Voracity Soccer Ball - Size 5, Scarlet
Brine Voracity Soccer Ball - Size 5, Scarlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I love it, April 22, 2013
It's probably one of the best balls I ever had.
I am not a pro, mind you.
Control is amazing. It just fits to the boot like a glove.
It goes exactly where you want it to.

Wilson Hex Soccer Ball (White/Yellow, Size 5)
Wilson Hex Soccer Ball (White/Yellow, Size 5)
Offered by Sport Center USA
Price: $21.95
4 used & new from $9.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Wilson Hex Soccer Ball (Sports)
Appears to be good quality.
Plays slightly heavier that the other ball I've bought same time, Brine Voracity.
It did't see much action yet - might last long time, who can tell.
Keeps pressure very well.

Skagen Watches, Men's Titanium 233XLTTM Grey Mesh Titanium Watch
Skagen Watches, Men's Titanium 233XLTTM Grey Mesh Titanium Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, December 31, 2012
I was looking for simple dress watch that wouldn't break the budget.
This one fits the bill.
The watch itself is nice, band was a bit of a problem for me.
First of all, it's huge. I am normal build guy, still there were 2 inches of band left after I have adjusted it to my hand.
So, the boys with enormous hands, it will fit you, no problems.
Second, the band doesn't bend where it' attached to the case due to the way it's fixed there.
So the band kind of continues on and then wraps around your hand, leaving huge gaps between hand and the band on both sides of the watch. Looks like watch with wings.
Hope it makes sense. Photo would probably explain it better. I have almost send it back because of that.
But decided...ah..all right, it's better than wearing hiking watch to the meetings with guys in suits.

Winterling
Winterling

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Winterling (Kindle Edition)
This book is about a girl named Fer (Jennifer) who lives with her Grand-Jane and has never seen her mum or dad.
one day her goes on a walk, falls down into a deep ravine and lands next to a stream with a perfectly round pool at the end. She looks at it and sees a full moon in the reflection but her own moon is a crescent moon. Fer touches the moon pool and feels a tingling in her fingers, the water goes mirror-still and all of a sudden shadows surged from the water, they looked like three gray wolves surrounding a lump of black, it looked like a black dog. The wolves moved into the black dog and Fer heard a yelp of pain. Three against one-not fair! Fer grabs a stick with a jagged broken end and runs towards the wolves and swinging the branch like a baseball bat, and hits a wolf in the hindquarters which whirled and snapped at her, the others just snarled and left. she had saved his life, but now he had changed into a boy. Fer took him home to heal his bites and scratches but when she came home her Grand-Jane didn't like having him there, Fer wondered why. After they healed his bites Grand-Jane made him leave straight away. A few days later her Grand-Jane finally told her that he was called a puck and he doesn't obey anyone's orders unless he is thrice sworn in some cases and that he is from the other side of The Way-the pool where Fer fell the night before! Fer opened it and they came in. Fer had to go back, she knew it. And that is how the story begins.........

This book is very interesting and
I would recommend this book for 10 and over.

Furby (Black)
Furby (Black)
14 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Furby.... YES!, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Furby (Black) (Toy)
My dad (Nik) gave me this Furby for Christmas.
It's a great toy and it's almost like it's a real, live creature.
Cute, cuddly, happy, what more would you want!
P.S it does fall asleep so don't be worried that you'll have to take out the batteries when YOU have to go to sleep.
WARNING:
1. As I found out sometimes it changes personalities, and not all have the same "cuteness level."
2. Furbys do not fall asleep in the car and they think the "brooooooooom" of the car while you are driving, is music and dances non-stop.
I agree that this product should be recommended for the ages 6 and up.

Skylink HA-434RTL Long Range Motion Alert Kit; Be notified of your surroundings.
Price: $29.99
15 used & new from $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Product works but wrong plug, December 31, 2012
The product works as intended.
Non US customers be aware though. They will send you US power adapter - the station is not battery operated like sensor.
I kind of overlooked that fact. The customer service doesn't have a clue what you would be talking about.
They will offer to return the product or they would refer you to manufacturer ????
I ended up buying local adapter, which cost me another $20
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 10:12 AM PST

Dorcy 41-1071 180-Degree Wireless Motion Sensing LED Flood Light, 120-Lumens, Black Finish
Price: $19.79
103 used & new from $16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, December 31, 2012
It does what I wanted so far.
Easy to install. Gives me light at night, switches on every time at night and doesn't switch on at day time.
Looks nice as well.