Profile for Betty Joos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty Joos RSS Feed (Sautee, GA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for gluten free...., October 21, 2014
A bit expensive for cookies but as far as gluten free goes, these are very good cookies. I like the small packages. It keeps "leftovers" from getting stale too quickly.

Back Spin: A Myron Bolitar Novel
Back Spin: A Myron Bolitar Novel
Offered by Random House LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Coben continues to entertain., October 21, 2014
Another good romp with Myron Bolitar and his friends. Keeps me reading.

Fade Away: A Myron Bolitar Novel
Fade Away: A Myron Bolitar Novel
Offered by Random House LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars COBEN rocks!, October 6, 2014
I'm happy to have found a new author of Harlan Coben's caliber. He provides well-drawn and interesting characters about whom you can care and cheer on. The repartee, especially of Myron, is fun as well. He also offers enough plot turns to fake you out for the most part. I find his books a a fun read and quite diverting. I plan to read the whole Myron Bolitar series and likely all Coben's other books. Better get started on another....

Surface Tension (Seychelle Sullivan Suspense Book 1)
Surface Tension (Seychelle Sullivan Suspense Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A thorough pleasure, September 6, 2014
Happy to find a new author whom I love! Though I enjoy many books, there are few that I read almost straight through as I did this one. The plotting was good and the characters are believable and likable (or NOT, as the case may be). I know little or nothing about boats, but the writing was clear and the technical aspect was just enough to make me feel in on the process. The protagonist isn't a "thin, young, beautiful, rich (or almost to be)" female; she is a "real woman" who makes mistakes but can manage without a male if need be. I am looking forward to more of Kling's writing.

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness
Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating reading, September 2, 2014
I was fascinated. As a nurse, I am well aware of autoimmune diseases, but I had never heard of this, of course. I thought it was well presented given that she had no memory of a lot of her experiences during the worst part of the illness. Sometimes the brain/mind protects itself? Even then, she showed a lot of courage to dig into that experience in order to inform others. Let's hope more health personnel will take notice of this book. It's a start.

Regal Art & Gift Kokopelli Wall Decor
Regal Art & Gift Kokopelli Wall Decor
Price: $24.69
3 used & new from $24.69

5.0 out of 5 stars This kokopelli is a knockout!, August 2, 2014
The metal is good quality and well coated, but the best part of this is the beautifully done coloring. It is beyond my expectations for that. The size is larger than I had pictured it (even though I knew the dimensions). Altogether, it is well worth purchasing, and i would recommend it to others who want a nice outdoor display.

White Jade (The Project Book 1)
White Jade (The Project Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to find a new author I enjoy., August 2, 2014
Glad to find a new (to me) author whose books are interesting with well-drawn characters and involved plots. I am looking forward to reading the whole series.

Burn: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 16)
Burn: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 16)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Nevada Barr, for such a "real person" in Anna P{igeon, August 2, 2014
So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed all the books I have read by Nevada Barr.I love her protagonist, Ranger Anna Pigeon. She is a woman who has age, imperfections, and occasionally gets herself into trouble, but she always hangs in there and "takes care of herself." What's not to like?

POETRY-an oral art (A Strand Critique Book 7)
POETRY-an oral art (A Strand Critique Book 7)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, July 24, 2014
I was anticipating an erudite poetry diversion and found nothing of interest. Sorry for being so down on this book (and another of hIs I bought at the same time), but I was so disappointed that I have already tossed them both. As I recall, they were both poorly organized and elementary in their presentation.

Regal Art & Gift Dragonfly Wall Decor, Blue
Regal Art & Gift Dragonfly Wall Decor, Blue
Price: $27.31
5 used & new from $27.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, July 18, 2014
Colors. Are great! They are clear and strong and stand out well against an outside wall. The wings have a glass "interior"-edged with metal- which is heavy, relatively thick glass. Ours had a small broken area, part of which had fallen out into the shipping package. Because we found the broken piece, we were able to repair it with a super glue, and you can hardly tell the break is there. However, it apparently needs a bit better packaging to protect the glass. All in all, we are quite happy with the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5