Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Amybeth > Reviews

Browse

Amybeth's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amybeth RSS Feed

Generic Carrying Case for iPhone 5 5S - Non-Retail Packaging - Clear
Generic Carrying Case for iPhone 5 5S - Non-Retail Packaging - Clear
Offered by Nice-shop
Price: $1.44
123 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive , durable case, January 25, 2014
I have about 40 cases for my phone ranging from a few bucks to $49. This is one Od my favorites. The back is frosted and the sides, too, and bottom are clear. The sides are grippy, so the phone won't fall out if your hand and the back is smooth so it slides easily in and out of pockets.
The case fits well- snug, but not so snug that it puts constant pressure on the power button. The case also has port covers for the phobe jack and charger jack to keep dust and dirt out, which I really appreciate. You can barely tell there is a case on when you use this, but yet it provides decent protection, as I dropped my phone onto concrete and phone and case were fine. I like to switch casecoutcodten, but this will be my pertinent case for awhile ! Oh and it also has a slight lip to protect the phone if you lay it face down I received it earlier than expected - all in all, an easy 5 stars!!!!!

SamsungEpic Touch 4G D710 / Galaxy S2 Hard Case Cover for Clear
SamsungEpic Touch 4G D710 / Galaxy S2 Hard Case Cover for Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars clear case for samsung gs2 sph d710 model, December 31, 2012
I have plenty of cases for my phone that vary in material and level of protection. This case is one of my favorites. While it doesn't provide the same level of protection that you experience with a hybrid case, it protects your phone from scratches, and can handle the occasional drop. I really love the sleek look of the case, and the slim profile...it accents the beauty of the phone without adding to much bulk. All openings are appropriate and sized well. I used Electromaster as my vendor because they always ship quickly and are responsive if you have a service issue. If you are looking for a cover to show of you phone and offer light protection, this one is terrific

Purple Argyle TPU Ice Candy Soft Gel Protector for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 SCH-R760

5.0 out of 5 stars TPU Purple Argyle case, October 26, 2012
I love this TPU case. It is excellent quality TPU material, firm, yet still flexible. It fits the Samsung Galaxy SII (SPH-D710 model), also the Epic 4G Touch perfectly-like a glove. All ports/buttons are easily accessible. The case is truly a second skin on the phone, and will definitely protect it from being scratched.. It also give the phone some "grip", so it isn't as likely to slip out of your hand. Aesthetically, the case is beautiful and really makes the phone look nice; showing off it's sleek design.
The only reason I give this case 4 stars rather than 5 is because I am not as confident that the phone is protected from a fall with this case. It is pretty thin. For more complete protection, I would suggest stepping up to a thin hybrid TPU/Hard plastic case, if you are concerned about dropping the phone.. However, for moderate protection and overall beauty, this case is wonderful.

Samsung Galaxy S II, White (Boost Mobile)
Samsung Galaxy S II, White (Boost Mobile)
7 used & new from $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepaid Samsung Galaxy SII (Boost mobile), October 26, 2012
I am a cell phone fanatic. Since January of 2012, the Galaxy SII is my 4th phone. This one, though, I plan to keep a while.

As for looks, if a phone can be sexy, this one is. It is beautifully designed with a slim profile. While it boasts a 4.52 inch amoled display screen, the space is used wisely, and the phone isn't much wider. The size is perfect, not too large, and easy to hold even for a smaller female with average sized hands. The charging port is on the bottom of the phone, completely unobtrusive and out of the way. The volume rocker is easily accessed on the left side of the phone, and the power button is on the right side. Ideally, that would be my only change, and while a lot of people have complimented the placement of the power button, I would rather have it on top, because I find when I hit the power button, I often end up squeezing the phone on both sides, consequently also adjusting the volume. Still, that is a minor issue at best. The camera is located in the middle of the phone, which is excellent. When taking picutres quickly, it is easy to keep my hands/fingers out of the viewfinder with the phone located in the middle.
Speaking of pictures, this 8mp camera takes excellent photos. I have gotten many compliments on the quality of the pics from this phone, so much so, that I now leave my point and shoot at home. The front facing camera, while on the D710 model I have is 2MP, it still isn't wonderful, however for Skype calls and the like, it is a wonderful feature. But quality wise, you won't be setting the world on fire.

In terms of the sound quality for calls, etc, this phone is excellent. Volume for music/movies, etc is very good. Tones for alarms and alerts are loud enough as well. The volume and clarity during calls is also excellent. Voices sound crisp, without distortion or the skips and jumps and small oddities you get with voice calls on cell phones. I understand that for this phone, Samsung abandoned previously used Wolfson chip, which has led a few people to comment on a missed opportunity to improve music sound/depth. However, I am not at all unhappy with how music or movies sound on this phone. I think there is a definite improvement over my previous phones, and music sounds as good as if I was using my ipod.

As far as battery life goes, Smartphones in general suck, but I find that the SGII is better than some others. I am on my phone constantly, and while at home and in the car, it is always plugged in, I don't have many issues with battery drain if I am out and about all day. I have purchased an extended battery for the phone but have not used it yet.

I feel like I am forgetting some key points, but all in all I have to say this is an excellent phone, and the service through Boost Mobile can't be beat. In addition to their call centers, brick and mortar stores are available if you have service issues. The shrinkage program is wonderful and allows me to save money but still have unlimited everything. Boost utilizes Sprint's 4g/3g network, so make sure you have coverage with Sprint prior to purchase. Sprint has improved dramatically over the past decade, and their coverage is actually very good. I haven't experienced any dropped or lost calls.. Not sure if that speaks for the quality of the phone itself, or the service, perhaps both. Either way, I am more than satisfied with the service and the Galaxy SII. If you have any questions, feel free to email me amybethlee70@gmail.com.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2013 7:41 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hybrid case black/white Samsung GSII (Boost Mobile), October 26, 2012
I buy a ton of cases for my cell phones... 2 phones in the house, 20 cases each so far. Out of all of my Galaxy SII cases, this is by far my favorite. It offers protection that you typically see with only much pricier cases. The case fits the phone extremely well, hugging it perfectly. All ports, microphones, buttons, etc, are easily accessible. The gel cover that fits around the phone itself seems to be a nice, TPU type material, firm and protective. The sides are textured, allowing for an excellent grip, yet, it remains slim and not at all bulky. The harder, plastic material snaps in place easily and snug, allowing for additonal protection. For the money, you will not find a more protective case that still allows for the phone's slim profile.