Profile for D. Beahn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Beahn RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD. United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Four High Performance Xbox One Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Four High Performance Xbox One Gaming Headset
Price: $79.99
69 used & new from $67.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs work, March 16, 2014
Sound keeps dropping out, disconnects controller randomly when headset is connected (this isn't a problem when I don't have the headset connected). Very disappointed. I used a TB headset religiously with my Xbox 360 and couldn't wait to get one for my XBone. So disappoint. Wow. Much poor. Little Quality.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 8:56 AM PDT

HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor
HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor
Offered by Maxton_Men
Price: $15.26
3 used & new from $15.26

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, May 25, 2013
Really like this thing. If I can get a couple weeks out of each blade then I'll be quite happy. The design keeps the razor at the correct angle for shaving my head, and the grip is comfortable.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Severe lack of choices - old software?!?!, October 14, 2012
The only thing I even see offered that I'd want to take is Lightroom, and they're still training Lightroom 3? No wonder this is $140 for $200 if all you can get is training on out of date software. Maybe I can get a class on Windows 98 and Office 2003 too!

Even WORSE is you don't get full value for the card! If I take the $69.95 Lightroom course I want, I LOSE THE REMAINING $130 of value for the card! Man, this really sucks. I'm so disappointed in Amazon. I feel like I was scammed. Boo!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2013 8:33 AM PDT

Coping with Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted
Coping with Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted
by Carole Lieberman
12 used & new from $9.95

1.0 out of 5 stars This book turns children into suicide bombers!, February 11, 2011
Just as the author thought she should comment about things she knew nothing about and pretend that correlations exist where the vast majority of research indicates the opposite of her conclusions, I too have decided to make an outrageous statement about her book like she decided to make unfounded and false statements about a game I'm quite looking forward to.

Leaving this review is not an "aggressive" or "violent" act, rather it is an attempt to demonstrate to the author how hurtful it is when someone that hasn't taken the time to understand the media in question makes outrageous claims that have no basis in fact.

Bad Boys: Why We Love Them, How to Live with Them, and When to Leave Them
Bad Boys: Why We Love Them, How to Live with Them, and When to Leave Them
by Carole Lieberman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
28 used & new from $0.11

1.0 out of 5 stars This book causes children to to commit homicide!, February 11, 2011

Propet Men's M3203 Daybreak Sneaker
Propet Men's M3203 Daybreak Sneaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got 'em, January 12, 2011
I'd never heard of Propet, but since I wear 3E and 4E widths (which can be hard to find) I figured I'd give these a try. I was not disappointed. They're feather light, seem very well made, fit nicely and are washable. I was waiting to see what these were like to order another pair of shoes for the gym (these are for casual wear around the house on weekends), but after wearing these around for a few hours I went ahead and placed the order. I've previously been wearing Sketchers, but it's looking like I may be a Propet customer moving forward.

Lowepro Street and Field Vest Harness (Black)
Lowepro Street and Field Vest Harness (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Possibly a great product, June 26, 2010
Seems like a great product. Be aware that this product is useless without one of the Lowepro Waistbelts. Also be aware that unless you are VERY familiar with how web gear works, getting this thing set up is going to cause you a seemingly endless amount of frustration. The picture is misleading - it doesn't snug up tight like it shows, and getting everything together is a huge pain. Don't think you're going to use this part-time, either. Getting it all snugged up takes a fair amount of effort. Be prepared to buy two complete setups (this one plus a more traditional bag setup) if you don't think you're going to be wearing this full time.

I think this has potential to be a terrific product, and that Lowepro blew it by deciding to not include any sort of usable or useful instructions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2010 5:50 PM PDT

Lowepro Lens Case 3 (Black)
Lowepro Lens Case 3 (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big lenses need a big case, June 20, 2010
I have two of these cases. One houses a Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM which I store with the hood reversed and tripod ring attached. It is a bit of a tight fit, lengthwise, but the padding seems good enough that I don't worry about it.

The second I use for a Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM that I also store with the hood reversed and tripod ring attached. This is a tight fit across the width of the hood, and it can be a little challenging to get it in and out of the case. Because of the setup I use (sometimes it's strapped to a bag, other times it will be on a belt) it's a compromise I can live with.

Both of mine (ordered from different places) have the pull-tab elastic zippers.

I'm a fairly new photographer that was looking to build a basic collection of professional grade lenses on a budget. I wanted to be able to produce high quality photographs, but since my budget was limited I opted to go with the Canon 7D first, since that was the body I wanted to (eventually) use as a secondary. Next, I needed lenses. I was willing to spend a little bigger on lenses because they tend to have a much greater staying power when it comes to their useful lifespan, and they tend to hold their value quite well over time (when compared to camera bodies). I decided my basic kit should include a fast 50mm prime lens (EF 50mm f/1.4 USM), a mid-range lens (EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM), a zoom lens (EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM) and a lens to do wide angle work (EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM).

I wanted to have the option to carry ALL of these lenses with me. These are BIG cases. I'm still not sure that it was the brightest idea I've ever had to decide to strap these on a belt or bag, but they do work for the purpose I wanted them for.

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Price: $1,699.00
60 used & new from $999.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoom Zoom!, June 18, 2010
I'm a fairly new photographer that was looking to build a basic collection of professional grade lenses on a budget. I wanted to be able to produce high quality photographs, but since my budget was limited I opted to go with the Canon 7D first, since that was the body I wanted to (eventually) use as a secondary. Next, I needed lenses. I was willing to spend a little bigger on lenses because they tend to have a much greater staying power when it comes to their useful lifespan, and they tend to hold their value quite well over time (when compared to camera bodies). I decided my basic kit should include a fast 50mm prime lens (I went with the EF 50mm f/1.4), a mid-range (lens range, not quality range) lens (EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM), a lens to do wide angle work with (EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM) and a Zoom lens. I selected the EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM for the zoom lens. As a bonus, 3 of these lenses take filters at 77mm, which lets me carry (and buy) fewer filters.

With an eye to the long term I planned to use this lens, I wanted to buy in the "L" class of lenses. The only real choices here are the EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 L IS USM and the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, both of which are "push/pull" zoom lenses. I didn't understand what that meant until the lens arrived - you literally push the end of the lens out to zoom in, and pull it back to zoom out. It was both odd and cool at first, and after I got used to it, I find it to be very efficient. I opted for the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM. Both lenses have excellent reputations, but the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM offers extra zoom range, and since zoom is the reason I'm buying this lens, that makes the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM stand out. This lens is just a little softer than the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM, but that isn't unexpected. It still produces sharp, beautifully colored images, has a fast, accurate auto focus, and enough zoom to get in nice and close for casual wildlife photography. The IS works well - you'll appreciate it for those high-zoom-panning-bird-in-flight shots.

This lens also comes with the hood. It doesn't snap into place the way the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM hood does, but that was new for that lens, so not having it here is forgivable. My advice is that you keep the hood inverted on the lens when the lens is not in use, and that you always use the hood when you are using the lens. The hood reduces and in cases prevents lens flare and provides a bit of protection for the lens itself.

Build quality is what I've come to expect of the Canon "L" class - fantastic.

A word about the large, white, heavy Canon "L" class lenses. First, they're big and heavy. They're also magnificent. If you have one or more of these lenses you need to accept that the average camera bag is no longer going to be enough. There are good solutions available out there, or you can put something together out of bits and pieces. I also found that the standard camera strap was no longer acceptable. The big lenses also make people curious - you're going to attract attention.

Neewer DSLR LCD Optical Glass Screen Protector for Canon 7D Cameras
Neewer DSLR LCD Optical Glass Screen Protector for Canon 7D Cameras
Offered by Bundred & Thick
Price: $8.50
14 used & new from $3.51

5.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT IS NOT AS PICTURED!!!!!, June 14, 2010
The quality of this product is great. I ordered it expecting a protector for the back AND TOP screens (as seen in the photo included, which is actually the D90 version of this product). When it arrived, I put the back cover on, then went back to get the one for the top screen....only it wasn't there.

The seller (TechGlobal) said it was Amazon's fault the picture was wrong, and was uncooperative at best.

If you want protection for BOTH of the screens for you 7D don't order this product.

Page: 1 | 2