Profile for Amy Mcfarland > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 599

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy Mcfarland "Mom of 2" RSS Feed (California)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cool Beans: The Further Adventures of Beanboy
Cool Beans: The Further Adventures of Beanboy
by Lisa Harkrader
Price: $13.59
55 used & new from $5.88

4.0 out of 5 stars My 7-year old enjoyed it, June 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son devoured the Wimpy Kid books. He would literally bring them home, find a cozy spot in the hammock and return an hour later with a huge grin asking for another book. Cool Beans was marketed as something similar, so I thought we'd give it a try. It has plenty of comic drawings throughout, very similar to the Wimpy Kid books. Every few pages there's a drawing to add to the story, and I think it helped break up the book for him. He said Cool Beans was a good book, not his absolute favorite, but he'd like to look for more by this author. I enjoyed it myself and thought it was cleverly told, another underdog story for kids.

OnCore Golf Technology MA 1.0 Golf Balls
OnCore Golf Technology MA 1.0 Golf Balls

3.0 out of 5 stars Little improvement, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was interested to see how different these would be than the typical Titleist. They definitely sound different, and my shots seemed a little straighter, but subjectively I'm not sure these made that much of a difference. If you're a golfer who likes to try each new innovation or someone looking for a golfer gift, these might be for you.

Dash of Peril (Hqn)
Dash of Peril (Hqn)
by Lori Foster
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.31
140 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, but still good, June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was my third Lori Foster book, and this was pretty well in line with the others. The series follows police officers, so you can expect some danger and intrigue, but it's getting kind of unrealistic in the formulaic way the same things seem to happen just to the different couples. Margo also seemed a bit unrealistic to me, both in the way she oggles Rowdy in front of Dash because she just can't help herself, and the way in which she is in command with everyone but Dash, with whom she instantly bestows her control. After she and Dash are together, her responses around Logan and Reese also seemed off. I found her character unrealistic and rather wishy-washy most of the time.
It was a quick read and definitely not without merit, but if I had read this one first, I probably wouldn't be looking for more books by Foster.

Eddie Red Undercover: Mystery on Museum Mile
Eddie Red Undercover: Mystery on Museum Mile
by Marcia Wells
Price: $13.59
77 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great page turner for kids, June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son is seven and books are kind of hit and miss. He absolutely loved the Olympians series by Riordan and tore through the Diary of a Wimpy Kid set. And some books I think are neat, he'll flip a few pages and lose interest. Any time I see his eyes widen on the first page, I know it's going to be a keeper. He stayed up late several nights with this one: "Just one more chapter, mom!"
I liked the book as well, and it had me chuckling in a few places. It was fast paced, and there weren't any really questionable scenarios. I also liked that there were some challenging words in there that my son hadn't read before, and it kept him thinking.
All in all, I'd highly recommend this book for the middle school crowd, and will definitely be looking for more by this author.

My Little Pony Pinkie Pies Rainbow Helicopter Playset
My Little Pony Pinkie Pies Rainbow Helicopter Playset
Offered by ClockworkCornucopia
Price: $14.74
46 used & new from $14.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's new favorite toy, June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is wonderful for pretend play. My daughter, who is a huge my little pony fan, has had so much fun dressing the pony and giving her rides in the helicopter. The little rotors spin, which is a nice touch. I thought the hangers were cute too, but sadly those were lost the first week. Tiny little parts and pieces just don't seem to last long around here. It's a great set, and my daughter absolutely loves it!

ICE CREAM CONE 4 in. B1300X
ICE CREAM CONE 4 in. B1300X
Offered by Off The Beaten Path, Inc.
Price: $5.49
3 used & new from $5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not comfortable, but cute design, June 20, 2014
This review is from: ICE CREAM CONE 4 in. B1300X
I admit it, I have too many cookie cutters. I just can't help myself - I see a cookie cutter, and I think about possibilities. I just couldn't pass this one up - ice cream cone cookies?!? Done.
The size is nice for a standard cookie. The lines come out pretty well. The downsides are that it is fairly sharp on both sides, so it's not very comfortable to use if you're making more than a few cookies. I made a few dozen for an event and there were grooves in my hands after the first dozen. Mine also has a little rust spot already. I dried it immediately after washing, but that apparently wasn't enough.
Very cute design, love the cookies it makes, but I wish it had a grip coating and was made of sturdier metal.

Belkin QODE Ultimate Wireless Keyboard and Case for iPad 2, 3 and 4th Gen with Retina Display (F5L149ttWHT)
Price: $70.74
5 used & new from $62.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy case, June 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the functionality of this. Even though the keyboard is a bit smaller than a standard computer keyboard, it makes working with the iPad so much easier when I need to send an email or work on a document. It was easy to attach, and the battery life so far has been great. The keyboard itself seems to be constructed well; no sticking keys or any issues. I also like the three position options. Overall, a great case/keyboard!

And though she be but little, she is fierce wall decal quote words sticker Shakespeare
Offered by Abeo Designs
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 18, 2014
This is a great decal - went on very easily, without water (as some of the other decals I have used required), straight and without any wrinkling or sticking to the backing. I followed the directions, had it placed and up within five minutes, and it looks great. It's a little on the small side, but perfect for our location.

Human Anatomy
Human Anatomy
by DK Publishing
Price: $22.12
38 used & new from $17.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for the "curious family", June 18, 2014
This review is from: Human Anatomy (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kids frequently ask for explanations - how does this work, what makes this, why is this a certain way. I thought this book would be perfect for us to view together when they had questions about bones or muscles or cells, especially as their school work gears more in that direction. It's a perfect resource for them - plenty of amazing pictures and good descriptions, without being too overwhelming. The book is broken down into functional and structural segments, and neatly segues from one topic to the next. The information is concise, and again easy to read.
I did see listed that this book is for medical professionals and students of anatomy and biology. I would not necessarily agree with this. If you are a higher level medical student, this book is not for you, for anything beyond very basic review. Really, even for high school biology you will need a more in-depth manual. It's a great resource for families or younger students interested in anatomical structure and organization, but much more geared towards higher grade school than anything beyond.

My Little Pony Styling Strands Fashion Pony Fluttershy Figure, 6-Inch
My Little Pony Styling Strands Fashion Pony Fluttershy Figure, 6-Inch
Offered by BEGUM9
Price: $11.64
30 used & new from $10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's new favorite, June 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is currently in that obsessed-about-My-Little-Pony stage. Fluttershy is her new favorite. This figure is a good size, bigger than several of her other ponies, and the long multi-color hair is definitely a huge hit. It comes with a little comb, some hair accessories and a little rabbit. My only downside is that the hair accessories are tiny and were lost within the first few days, but seriously, it's a pony figurine and the pieces have to be pretty small. It was expected.
All in all, a great toy for any Pony fan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20