Profile for Knighty > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Knighty RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Renpure Solutions  Cleansing Conditioner, Rosemary Mint, 16 Fluid Ounce
Renpure Solutions Cleansing Conditioner, Rosemary Mint, 16 Fluid Ounce
Price: $6.99
11 used & new from $5.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosemary Mint Moisturizes Better Than Coconut Creme!, February 21, 2015
I have fragile, fine hair and have happily used Wen (all of the basic ones, as well as some of the special edition formulas) for over a year. I ordered the Renpure Coconut Crème Cowash through Amazon on a recommendation and found it to be MUCH more drying than any of the Wen cleansing conditioners. My hair felt like straw after using it, although the addition of a moisturizing styling product saved the day. I have decided to use this as a body wash instead, as it works well for that purpose.

However, I received the Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint cleansing conditioner as a gift and used it last night. Surprisingly, that product is far different from the Coconut Creme cleansing conditioner--my hair felt soft, shiny and clean afterward, and the results were exactly like what I'd get from any Wen product, for a much lower cost! I was so excited that I ordered another bottle, along with the Pomegranate (will review that formula after I try it).

This experience has led me to wonder if the Coconut Crème product Amazon sells is a fake. I have noticed that the Rosemary Mint and Coconut Creme labels are slightly different and that the Coconut Crème product is made by "Renpure," whereas the Rosemary Mint product label says "Renpure Solutions". Just a thought. I've known Amazon to sell knock-offs before (Timex 1440 watches, specifically). So maybe that's the problem here. Not sure, but I am certain there is a vast difference between the Renpure Coconut Crème Cowash and the Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint cleansing conditioner formulas.

I hope this is helpful for anyone like me who needs a very gentle conditioning cleanser like Wen but would like to find a cheaper alternative.

Renpure Coconut Creme Cowash Cleansing Conditioner, 16 Ounce
Renpure Coconut Creme Cowash Cleansing Conditioner, 16 Ounce
Price: $9.99
6 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars More Drying Than Wen, February 21, 2015

This experience has led me to wonder if the Coconut Crème product on this link is a fake. I have noticed that the labels are slightly different and that the Coconut Crème product is made by "Renpure," whereas the Rosemary Mint product label says "Renpure Solutions". Just a thought. I've known Amazon to sell knock-offs before (Timex 1440 watches, specifically). So maybe that's the problem here. Not sure, but I am certain there is a vast difference between the Renpure Coconut Crème Cowash and the Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint cleansing conditioner formulas.

Dorfman Pacific Womens Cloche Hat, Wine, One Size
Dorfman Pacific Womens Cloche Hat, Wine, One Size
Offered by Buy 2
Price: $24.19
9 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hat!, February 4, 2015
So glad I read the positive reviews and ordered this! It is lovely, warm and comfortable and provides a little extra sun protection in winter. Took it out of the box and wore it on a long afternoon dog walk in chilly weather, and no "hat hair" afterward. Did I mention it looks lovely? I mean, this is a seriously flattering hat. You can't go wrong. Accentuates your cheekbones and jawline, de-emphasizes your nose, just like another reviewer said. It's nice enough to wear with a dress to work or to an event but casual and soft enough to wear with jeans for any old reason at all. And it's completely crushable, so it will be perfect for travel. I got the wine color, which will go great with green, brown, blue or black clothing--just about anything. Even so, I love this so much I just ordered two more: one in charcoal and another in plum. This is a great find!

P.S. My head is small, about 22.5" measured from the top of the neck, over the ears, and around the forehead. There is plenty of room in this hat, but it's not too big. It would still fit if my head were quite a bit bigger OR slightly smaller, so it will probably fit YOU! I'm not yet sure if it's washable. Maybe it would hold up to a careful cold-water soak with Woolite and air drying, but since I just bought it I don't have a need to try. Will update this when I know...

Smith & Wesson Border Guard 2 Rescue Knife SWBG2TS, Black
Smith & Wesson Border Guard 2 Rescue Knife SWBG2TS, Black
Price: $22.61
39 used & new from $11.60

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, December 21, 2014
I received this knife and the thumb stud was broken. I am returning it.

The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lump in my throat..., December 16, 2014
Beautifully written and insightful.

The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and its Scientific Pretensions
The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and its Scientific Pretensions
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! A much-needed putdown of scientific pretension., October 1, 2014
It's nice to hear someone with credentials say what has been obvious for a long time: popular science writers insult the intelligence of the general public by claiming science has demonstrated the verity of the naturalistic worldview. A secular Jew, Berlinski does not count himself among the faithful. But he exposes with great wit the pretensions of New Atheist writers who falsely claim scientific authority for their bold philosophical claims. A thigh-slapping must-read for anyone interested in science, philosophy or the junction between the two.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2014 3:18 PM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's nice, but too short., August 29, 2014
My son is 6'2" and around 160#, very slim. He normally orders Medium Tall if he can find it, so he tried Large in this jacket. It fits in the chest and shoulders (X-Large would be too roomy) but it's way too short in the sleeves and body. Glad it works for some tall & slim guys, but it didn't work for him. I'm waiting to see how easy it is to return...

Croydex MM700800YW Rydal 20-Inch L x 16-Inch with Beveled Edge Double Layer Wall Mirror, Shelf and Hang 'N' Lock
Offered by FaucetList
Price: $95.98
3 used & new from $84.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, August 28, 2014
Sleek, modern and perfect for my intended purpose (low-profile blow-drying "station"). I can set a comb, brush or clip on the shelf while I dry my hair. Thoughtfully packaged--no shipping damage, and sturdy corner clips you can leave on until it's hanging to prevent blunders. Installation was easy and was accomplished in under 10 minutes. I hung the mirror above an outlet near a corner and then placed this Moen blow dryer holder on the perpendicular wall: //www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TAQZ8A/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_17. Super convenient, and a nice looking set-up.

Dr. Weil Women's Aida Mule Clog Teal 6
Dr. Weil Women's Aida Mule Clog Teal 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, July 14, 2014
These are adorable--both the style and the robin's egg color. They look fantastic with faded jeans. Best of all is the arch support. The footbed compares to Birkenstock's high-arch sole. And like Birkenstock, these do run a bit large. If you're a half-size, go down, not up. I did, and mine fit fine. Very comfortable.

Scotch-Brite Scrubbers 2 / Pack
Scotch-Brite Scrubbers 2 / Pack
Offered by Art Lobby
Price: $7.15
19 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars It's true--eggs and cheese don't stick!, May 7, 2014
NO food bits cling to this scrubber. This makes me happy, since I cannot convince myself that my dishes will get clean if I am washing them with a gummed-up and bacteria-laden utensil. I microwave the sponge for 2 minutes every morning, and then we're good to go for the day.

Some reviewers say this product doesn't scrub very well. We spray our stainless steel pans with nonstick spray before cooking, so we don't need extreme scrubbing power. For the light scrubbing we do, this sponge is perfect. (If we ever have a serious job, steel wool does the trick.)

I am glad to have found these and highly recommend them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3