Profile for K. Barker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Barker RSS Feed (NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Philips AE1500 Pocket Size Portable Radio
Philips AE1500 Pocket Size Portable Radio
Offered by The Retail Kings
Price: $13.35
16 used & new from $11.42

4.0 out of 5 stars ... ago and overall I find it to be quite good. I have two other pocket radios that I ..., October 23, 2014
I ordered this Philips pocket radio over a month ago and overall I find it to be quite good. I have two other pocket radios that I also use (Sangean SR-35 and the popular Sony pocket radio). What I like about the Philips radio is that it is thinner and smaller than the other two radios. Sound quality is not horrible considering how small the speaker is - however both the Sangean and Sony provide better sound quality. Reception is quite good for its size - but again - the Sangean and Sony models have better reception. There is also no tuning light on the Philips model - while both the Sangean and Sony have LED tuning lights. The FM antenna on the Philips only slides out and does not pivot in any direction.

If you're looking for a small radio and are mostly concerned with size - get this model. Otherwise if you want better reception and sound quality - get the Sony or Sangean model. (Personally I like the Sangean the best because I think it has better sound quality than the Sony).

But still, this is not a bad little radio at all, and I find it works quite well.

Sony MDRPQ2/Z PIIQ Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony MDRPQ2/Z PIIQ Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Capital Electronics
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones - Sony MDR-PQ2, May 3, 2014
What initially drew me to these headphones are the Sony MDR-PQ3. My wife has a pair of them, and I was impressed with how durable they were and the sound was pretty decent. I wanted a rugged pair of headphones, so I decided to look for a pair like hers, but in a different color. It turns out the PQ3 were discontinued and hard to find. Amazon had the MDR-PQ2. The colors were funky and I like that the headphones were full size and would go around my ears. They have a strong rubber cord and rubber added to the cups of the headphones. I've been taking themse back to forth in a bag for weeks now, and they've held up fantastically. What also sold me was the $30 price tag. I am very pleased with my purchase.

NIX 8 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor (X08D)
NIX 8 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor (X08D)
Offered by Nixplay & NIX
Price: $59.99
11 used & new from $29.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo Frame, April 8, 2013
This is a great digital photo frame. It is easy to set up and use. The display is fantastic! All pictures look great. There's also a motion sensor feature which turns the digital frame on when it senses that you are near and turns off when the person is away from it. For photos that are high resolution, the digital frame scales them down to display the whole picture on the screen without photos being cut off or not displayed at all. For the ease of use, clarity of pictures, brightness of screen, I would say this is a great product for the price.

Jungle TB640W Tank Buddies Correct pH Tablets, 8-Count
Jungle TB640W Tank Buddies Correct pH Tablets, 8-Count
Price: $3.54
7 used & new from $2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, January 11, 2013
I will not claim that this product works for everyone (in fact if you look at all the reviews, you will see some that claim this PH corrector does not work) but it did work for me. The PH in my 20 gallon tank used to be on the low side - around 5.2 to 5.6. I placed 2 tablets (1 tablet per 10 gallons) inside a cup filled with water from my auarium and let sit for a few minutes while it dissolves (I don't recommend placing it directly in the tank). I poured the water into my tank and after a couple hours or so I tested again - and the PH was between 6.5 and 7.0 - which is much better than where it was. For me the effects lasted for quite a while - not sure how long but definitely more than a couple days or so. I'd say maybe a month? Anyway this product worked for me - and if your PH is a little high or low - I'd recommend trying these. I'm not sure how well this stuff would work if your PH is off by a lot though. But I thought an increase from 5.2 to 6.5 to 6.8 was pretty good! I plan on buying these again.

PowerColor PCI-Express Video Card (AX6450 1GBK3-SH)
PowerColor PCI-Express Video Card (AX6450 1GBK3-SH)
6 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget video card, January 11, 2013
This is definitely a good video card for the price. If you need a basic video card that will work with your everyday applications, view pictures, web sites and videos (even HD videos) then this card is perfect for that. For under thirty bucks you get a card that can do all those things. However I will stress that it is not a strong gamer card. You may be able to play very basic games, or games on medium to low quality (or even older games at full quality) but I wouldn't buy this card if you are looking for a gaming card. However, as I said, if you're looking for a good basic video card that won't break the bank - this card is for you.

SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
Price: $41.99
16 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality scratching post, January 10, 2013
I have two kittens who were starting to scratch at the couches. We went to the various stores in the area looking for a cat scratching post. They are either very expensive or in a cheap price range but very small and cheaply made. I have read that it is good for cats to have a tall scratching post so they can stretch up and scratch the post - something they love to do! I had to tie string to the scratching post, and play with toys on it...but my kittens have taken to using this! They love scratching at the post and climbing up the post and sitting on top. It is a heavy, high quality post so it won't tip over when the cats climb on it. I would recommend trying this post as it is a very good price for the quality you receive!

A Charlie Brown Christmas [2012 Remastered & Expanded Edition]
A Charlie Brown Christmas [2012 Remastered & Expanded Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, January 10, 2013
This is a great Christmas album! I remember watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special as a kid and loving the show and music. All the great songs are here on this album and sound terrific! I got the MP3 download for less than five dollars right around Christmas - so it was a steal at that price!

Let's Talk About Love
Let's Talk About Love
Offered by MediaWarehouseUSA
Price: $7.05
957 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album from Celine Dion, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
This is a great album from Celine Dion. Of course the smash hit "My Heart Will Go On" from the movie TITANIC is featured on here which most will know. But my favorite song on here is "To Love You More" - it has powerful vocals and great arrangement. Plus the violin is a great touch! Overall a great album and I recommend for anyone who is a fan of Celine Dion.

Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Cat Food, Beef and Chicken Recipe, 12.5-Ounce Can (Pack of 12)
Price: $32.28
10 used & new from $32.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for cats, January 10, 2013
This canned food is a great choice for cats and kittens. It is a grain free canned cat food made from high quality ingredients. We have two kittens and one 12 1/2 oz can of food is good for two feedings (they each eat a quarter of the can at a time). If you buy the lids that can go on canned cat food you can put the leftovers in the fridge for the next day. Be sure to let the food warm to room temperature before letting your cats eat or they could get an upset stomach. You can either let it sit out for an hour or so or warm in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds, feel food to make sure it is not too hot for them. Again a great deal and lasts a while too. For us feeding every other day it lasted about 2 months or so.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Cat Food, Fish and Fowl Recipe, 12-Pound Bag
Price: $36.99
16 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My two kittens love this!, January 10, 2013
My two kittens love this food. It is a healthy food that is grain free and made with high quality ingredients. It is designed for both cats and kittens - so when they get older I won't have to switch them over to another food. Unfortunately the bag was left open and the food went stale I believe so the cats didn't finish the rest of it...but when it was fresh and closed the cats ate this mixed with Purina One Chicken and Rice cat food.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3