Profile for CD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CD RSS Feed (USA)

Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5  [Download]
Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5 [Download]
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars User friendly and convenient., July 11, 2010
My son seems to really enjoy playing and practicing typing with this software. I tried some free typing games or programs online but they were either too boring or frustrating for him. He doesn't get flustered with Typing Instructor because the the goal words per minute adjusts as he does more lessons and plays more games with a variety of themes. I also like how easy and quick it was to download onto his net-book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2011 2:05 PM PDT

Matfer 17.75x5.5-in. Baguette Pan.
Matfer 17.75x5.5-in. Baguette Pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great baguettes!, July 11, 2010
I bought these particular pans because I didn't want lots of holes at the bottom or non-stick lining. The bread doesn't stick to pans if you lightly coat them with grease before laying the dough on top. Along with my bread machine, these have been really useful pans that have helped me make many a nice golden crispy, soft baguette. Without them, my baguettes are hard, flat, pale on top, and brown on the bottom. The pans didn't come with instructions for care, but if you treat them like a cast iron pan (avoid soap and soaking in water for too long, and drying the pan thoroughly after use) the protective finish will last longer.

West Bend 41300 Hi-Rise Electronic Dual-Blade Breadmaker
West Bend 41300 Hi-Rise Electronic Dual-Blade Breadmaker
4 used & new from $75.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves me time, effort, and dishes., July 11, 2010
I mostly use my bread machine to prepare dough because it kneads the dough thoroughly and keeps it the right temperature for rising. The recipes that came with machine are usable with some tweaking. The French bread recipe that came with the machine and cycle 3 (up to the third rise) is good for pizzas and baguettes. My family has really liked the results. The bread is soft inside with a nice crispy crust, before the machine my crusts were always too hard inside and out. I have been using the machine almost every week for the past six months without any problems. Soaking it right after I take out the bread usually gets rid of any crust stuck in the blades. I have baked cherry/raisin bread and sandwich bread in the machine with pretty good results, but the crust is a little overdone at the bottom and a little tough to cut.